Domain Empire

.tv ____tv.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, i noticed that a lot of people here are interested in the ____tv.tv market. I really dont understand the appeal of these names. In my opinion, these names are ugly and have little end user appeal. Am I missing something here? what is the attraction domainers have in these names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.tv will take over much of the internet !!!!!!! pages will be more visual and video based ........... it's the future , most of us are fans , i guess we feel we are on a good thing ? internet tv is becoming more popular ....it's the perfect address, enjoy it i say

•••
i guess this is what is being felt out right now- you will also notice current threads on this that might help you-
no this is by no means the top of the food chain in value order- prob will not see your xxxx prices, but some have sold from what i understand mid xxx and others are using it, so it must hold some sort of value to someone-

•••
I agree that [yourname]tv.tv names are not "user friendly" and should be avoided.

Try to imagine yourself in a bar telling your buddies, "hey..you really need to check out hotbabestv.tv. It's too repetitive.

I prefer names that "roll off the tongue"!

•••
keyword+TV.TV is not very appealing to me either.

I agree it's redundant.

It's hard enough for people who's not aware of all these extensions existence let alone having keyword+extension.extension

•••
GOL TV having no problems with using tv.tv and I will take tv.tv anytime when the premium too high or the pure .tv taken.

GOLTV is the first television network dedicated fully to football (soccer) 24/7 in the United States.

GOLTV is based in North Bay Village, Florida and is owned by GOLTV Inc. The network covers a wide range of football matches all over the world, including the Spanish League, German League, Brazilian League, and many leagues from South America and Central America. GOLTV is broadcast in both English and Spanish Language. Many subscribers can get both audios and choose which one to hear using the Secondary audio program (abbreviated as "SAP") feature on their television sets.

GOL TV was not going to pay Verisign $5000 a year some fool did and parks it on SEDO

I guess I am glad I never knew people that could not read or remember a domain name how it was said to them it only requires a fourth grade education. But there are a lot of stupid people out there and there is no cure for stupid.

•••
Yep,
Most of the TV networks like to have theirtv.tv domain name instead of paying a truckload of premium fee to Verisign.

•••
Is that the reason why they use keyword+TV.TV to avoid premium fee? What about a non premium name using keyword+TV.TV?

Just wondering.

•••
A non premium I would agree seems a little odd because you could probably come up with a better pure.tv then having to use a tv.tv

Goltv.tv
Realestatetv.tv
Exercisetv.tv

The best three examples now I will say I owned SIX.tv so I regged SIXTV.tv I kept the SIXTV.tv it makes $1 a day at parked.com

•••
Since this is a .tv doesn't it make more sense to use channel instead? after all this is .TV and I think channel suit the ext. very well. Why not use GolChannel.TV? it is available by the way.

•••
Well a lot of channel domains are regged I think there name is GOL TV so I think for them GOLTV.tv is a better domain since it is their company name and Channel would not be the best option for them to use IMO

•••
xman said:
Since this is a .tv doesn't it make more sense to use channel instead? after all this is .TV and I think channel suit the ext. very well. Why not use GolChannel.TV? it is available by the way.

Channel is an another route.

Instead of using Channel, TV networks like to expose their popularity by adding the word TV in their domain name, imho.

Example:

Mtv.tv - Owned by Music Television

M.TV - Parked! LOL.

•••
equity78 I can see your point I guess they are branded as GolTV.

Don't you think goltv.com might catch lots of their traffic?

•••
They probably do XMAN GOLTV.com probably wanted a lot for the domain.
The beauty of the domain industry is we all don't come from the same school. Not everyone feels like they have to have the .com where people like Frank Schilling or Rick Scwartz will say you have to have the .com. Some people make money from development others from PPC or leasing domains or just outright sales. There is more than one way to make it both from a domainer and developer standpoint. Again IMO

•••
equity78 said:
The beauty of the domain industry is we all don't come from the same school.

and THAT is what makes the domining world go round- excellent sentence-

someone may dispise tv.tv or tv.com, and cant rant all they want really- if there are buyers, and i am sure they will be, then i would be happy making several hundred of a 9 buck domain- nice roi for sure

•••
equity78 said:
I guess I am glad I never knew people that could not read or remember a domain name how it was said to them it only requires a fourth grade education. But there are a lot of stupid people out there and there is no cure for stupid.

JMO, one of the elements to making money - whether online or off - is to not just base your marketing on how you want to be found, but on how your potential customers will be attempting to find you.

I just feel like ____tv.tv is not intuitive, and as such those domains would have limited value. Heck, though, I am wrong every other minute in this business. You can brand anything if you really want to.

I guess it comes down to whether you think it gets you into a specific market that you feel you need to be in - but heck there are still zillions of _____.tv ____channel.tv ______show.tv , etc. that hold more value, IMO, than _____tv.tv ....

•••
equity78 thanks for the intellectual engagement. Your opinion is always well respected.

And to the Lady of Domainland, with all do respect I do not DESPISE tv.tv nor rant. I am simply asking a question to understand and learn something I may not know about and perhaps others as well. I'm new in the .TVdom and I always ask the locals in unfamiliar territory.

I actually like .TV next to .com

•••
equity78 said:
I kept the SIXTV.tv it makes $1 a day at parked.com

Now, that I do understand, well done, and it does suggest a strategy of piggy backing off of developed .tv domains.

•••
xman said:
equity78 thanks for the intellectual engagement. Your opinion is always well respected.

And to the Lady of Domainland, with all do respect I do not DESPISE tv.tv nor rant. I am simply asking a question to understand and learn something I may not know about and perhaps others as well. I'm new in the .TVdom and I always ask the locals in unfamiliar territory.

I actually like .TV next to .com

wasnt poking you :) just domainers in general- many have a clear feeling on what "they" like and dont- thus they tend to buy more of those names- others kinda branch out and test the sales market- this is why i spoke in general terms :)

•••
Thanks you for clarification Queen of Domainland.

Any thread of .TV sales? I've look around but I couldn't find one.

•••
•••
I know what you mean Queen of Domainland. I'm a cheap buyer myself.....lol

I only have 3 .TV couple months ago but now they are accumulating rapidly.

•••
from what i was told there were two tv.tv names that have sold in the past few months for mid xxx- so if they further kick in, and yeah excercisetv.tv promotions do help, then it could easily, for good keywords, hold the xxx sales, depending on name-
time will tell, eh?

•••
Parking stats are also gradually increasing for TV.TV names.

JobsTV.TV has crossed 200 uniques in 10 Days.

TravelTV.TV is also getting nice uniques.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back