NameSilo

$94,888 Buyer of LightRock.com Revealed

Labeled as information in Domain Industry News, started by James Iles, Oct 28, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Last week, I wrote about Mike Mann’s $94,888 sale of LightRock.com, a sale that Mann announced on social media, as he does with many other five-figure deals.

At the time of publishing, the identity of the two-word .COM domain’s buyer was unknown, with LightRock.com in the process of transferring to its new owner. I speculated on the possible purchaser, but I was wrong...

Read more on my blog

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L [email protected] ieie.com CuTu.com NeSu.com KKiK.com VIP Gold Account

He is my idol, he is my goal

3. Reyginus

Reyginus Established Member

Does this fall under brandable names or what exactly? Sometimes you think of names like this but it doesn't even sound good to the ear or seem like something that can sell. Maybe is to the ears of a newbie though. I need answers, please!

4. LoodeX

LoodeX Established Member

The buyer was willing to pay this much so he is the one who made the domain as valuable ...Pleasing to the ear or not, brandable or not...If he/she didn't buy it only God knows if this domain would ever get such CRAZY value...That is why I say any and all my appraisals that I give on a domain are just guesstimates ...

5. Reyginus

Okay.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

It falls under the category of "Lucky-Ass Sale", but because Mann has so many domains in his inventory, all manner of weird and wonderful sales happen to him.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  7. Barry Healy

Barry Healy Established Member

A domain is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. It's as simple as that.

8. Barry Healy

Barry Healy Established Member

It's not luck. That's his business model.

9. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Huh? How in the world could your business model be to "sell LightRock.com for $94,888". No one is that good at predicting the end user price on all his hundreds of thousands of domains.

Mann's true business model is based on volume sales, and when you hold hundreds of thousands of domains, some lucky-ass transactions are bound to float in. It's just the nature of the business when you are working with those kinds of numbers.

The new owner could relist LightRock.com today and probably never get his money back for decades.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  10. Reyginus

Does that domain reviews are not as important as we make them appear?

11. DigitalRoar

DigitalRoar Investor & Creator VIP

I thought the purchaser would be Lightrock Power

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice