Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Wagner

Nameplicity.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like the color scheme.

In other words: Simple, effective design.

Congrats on it!

•••
Very clean layout. It needs some color though. It's 99% black and white.
I don't understand the logic of including the Flippa ticker and Godaddy banner.
If the purpose of this site is to sell the domains listed, why distract visitors with links to other marketplaces?
I would also rewrite the following "in bold" on your FAQ page.

Is it required to have a GoDaddy account?
We have a great relationship with GoDaddy and are extremely familiar with how their process of transferring a domain name works. We do not REQUIRE you have a GoDaddy account, however, if we transfer the domain name to any other registrar the process can take much longer and complications can arise which we may not be able to immediately resolve. It is highly recommended you use GoDaddy to receive your domain initially; after the domain name is in your GoDaddy account, you can transfer it to any registrar you wish.

I don't think it will help to build trust in your site. I understand that you want to push domains to other Godaddy accounts instead of dealing with transfers but I think this statement will only raise doubts about the entire process to prospective buyers..

Why don't the domains forward to your site? The few I checked go to DNS sales pages.

•••
Very clean layout. It needs some color though. It's 99% black and white.
I don't understand the logic of including the Flippa ticker and Godaddy banner.
If the purpose of this site is to sell the domains listed, why distract visitors with links to other marketplaces?
I would also rewrite the following "in bold" on your FAQ page.

Is it required to have a GoDaddy account?
We have a great relationship with GoDaddy and are extremely familiar with how their process of transferring a domain name works. We do not REQUIRE you have a GoDaddy account, however, if we transfer the domain name to any other registrar the process can take much longer and complications can arise which we may not be able to immediately resolve. It is highly recommended you use GoDaddy to receive your domain initially; after the domain name is in your GoDaddy account, you can transfer it to any registrar you wish.

I don't think it will help to build trust in your site. I understand that you want to push domains to other Godaddy accounts instead of dealing with transfers but I think this statement will only raise doubts about the entire process to prospective buyers..

Why don't the domains forward to your site? The few I checked go to DNS sales pages.

I've played with the idea of adding more color, such as yellow to the site, but I want it to be simple, and not "overly" colorful. As far as the Flippa ticker, it's for advertisement. And the GoDaddy banner is there for affiliate purposes.

I agree on the FAQ section. I'll reword that part so it won't cause confusion or distrust.

As far as forwarding the domains, I've just not gotten around to forwarding them.

Thank you for your feedback and input. :D

•••
Same comments as the others: it lacks some color. May be simple colors like np would be good enough. Or replace the black by a moderately dark blue might be ok.

I have an other question which has nothing to do with the design: marketingwise, is it a good idea to mix inexpensive domains with expensive domains on the same site ?

•••
being the domain names the core of the webite you might want to change the color of the domain name font with a brilliant one. I agree, that ads arereally a dont if you are selling your domain names.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back