IT.COM

guide 7 domain tools that can help research domains for beginners

NameSilo
Watch

Masud Parvage

Impact
Hi,
I am going to share with you 7 domain tools that can help research and generate domains for beginners. Here you go:

1. InstantDomainSearch (Domain name generator)
2. Domain Typer (Domain name generator)
3. Domain Wheel (Domain name generator)
4. Wayback Machine (it can give you a little insight into previous uses of a domain)
5. USPTO (for trademark search)
6. Trade Markia (World's Largest Search Engine For Trademarks)
7. WHOisRequest (Domain History Checker)

So, besides these above domain tools, which one you recommend us to research domains online?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use a couple of useful tools. But my account type doesn't allow me to post URLs.

•••
I use a couple of useful tools. But my account type doesn't allow me to post URLs.

You could post the names of the tools, like OP did.

•••

Share with us the tools like "your tools dot come"

•••
I wrote a comprehensive tool in C++ to generate names based on a list of characters/words with options like prefix/suffix, length, slice etc.

But here are a couple of online sites I use to check various information:

WHOIS records
whois - history . whoisxmlapi . com

blacklist check:
mxtoolbox . com / blacklists . aspx

trademark search:
www3 . wipo . int / branddb / en /

•••
•••
Thanks for thread.

In September I wrote a NamePros Blog post on Free Domain Research Tools that may be of interest. Among the more important ones not already mentioned are NameBio and OpenCorporates (and of course Google itself!:xf.grin:)

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Expired Domains | Daily Updated Domain Lists for 477 TLDs

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hi

expireddomains.net
namebio.com
Godaddy appraisal tool
Estibot.com
namedroppers.com
archive.org

For backorders and find domains auctions about to close that maybe worthy to bid on:
Dropcatch.com
Namejet.com
Snapnames.com

And finally and more important one: NamePros.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is indeed nice information and good tools one can use without spending a single dollar.

•••
I use domain//cord.com their great domain dropfilter tool

Last edited:
•••
@Steven McEvoy
Thanks so much for recommending my free tool Dropfilter! I’ve been working on improving it for months and I love getting feedback from people.
https://dropfilter.app

Last edited:
•••
•••
[Begin Shameless Self Promotion]

PeerIdeas.com for community driven domain appraisals

[/End Shameless Self Promotion]

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
IPv4INFO.com

Tools

- Enter ip address or domain name to view all domains which resolves on same ip address.

- Tracking pixels code
e. Get the code, place it on your website or blog and watch the visitors.

- Punycode Converter.
Enter Unicode domain name to convert it to ASCII Punycode string or enter ASCII Punycode string to convert it to Unicode.

Etc

Etc

DNPric.es

Same shit as NameBio.com, however, everything is fuc#ing FREE. So do whatever you will with that information. My piece, well, ethics are for the rich so til you're there... Have at it.

Free HTML/CSS code

http://html5up.net/
http://bootswatch.com/
http://templated.co/

Free Appraisal Tools

GoDaddy.com
DomainIndex.com
FreeValuator.com
EstiBot.com
NamePros.com

*Use a VPN once daily maximum is reached. This avoids paying for membership.

SearchVolume.io

An average free, and mass (up to 8,000 words per country at once,) search volume tool. Discretion is advised, and only use as a guide.

I got more.... But I'm tired and can't be bothered. If you have questions and reading this thread, you can ask me or any member and they'll help you out... Ask a few members the same question if you're looking for a 'custom' or 'norm' within the industry.

Good luck and don't buy a domain until you know what you're doing.

•••
Also googles keyyword search tool to see how many searches per month. When aiming to improve the SEO.

•••
I'm also working on a fast domain search tool specifically for nTLDs, see this post. :) Lots of things happening in this space.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back