IT.COM

6 Letter Word Game [3 must change, 3 must remain in place]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smartwebby

Smart Brand NamesTop Member
Impact
Hi,

Time for a 6 letter word game ;) on NP. To make it more interesting this one has a simple twist when forming the new word from the latest correct word.

RULE No. 1: You must retain exactly 3 letters in their position.
Do not change position of these 3 letters that you keep. That is, the retained 3 letters must stay in their original positions in the new word.

RULE NO. 2: You must change the 3 remaining letters. Can reuse by changing position.
Change exactly 3 letters, no less, no more. These 3 letters (or 2 if there is a repeat) can be used among the 3 new letters but only if their position has changed.

RULE NO. 3: Before posting, Recheck Rule no 1. After posting, Correct if required.

Check your word as compared to the previous correct word especially in terms of having kept 3 letters in their original position. If you made a mistake and no longer can correct the word because someone else posted, please change the word to blank or dash(-) so the other players don't get confused and the game can continue smoothly.

Lets try not to repeat words for as long as possible. :)

My First Word: DESIGN

Example wrong words from here:
❌ RESIGN (5 letters retained),
❌
DESIRE
(4 letters retained),
❌ SIGNAL
(letters moved from original positions and 4 letters retained)

Example right words from here:
✔️ DESERT,
✔️ DEEPEN,
✔️ DEMI
SE (notice how S has been reused by moving its position)

Important Note: Due to it happening over and over the rules were modified on 21 July 18 to allow reusing of discarded letters as long as their position changes, as in:
DESIGN >> DEMISE
GREYER
>> GREEDY

This still keeps the twist in the game intact >> Keep 3 letters in place >> so has been allowed.

Lets have fun!!!

best,
Anita

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Might be too challenging or complicated of a game..But here goes

SHADES

Yep you proved it lolz :xf.eek::xf.rolleyes::xf.laugh:... The remaining 3 letters had to stay in their original place my friend :banghead::blackeye::-P:-P

No issues... lets take your word as the starting point! Here is my reply: SHODDY
Hope you get my drift now? Once you get it, it will be fun coz of the challenge! :angelic:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Wow! Nice going y'all!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):xf.grin:

GORILY

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Retaining 4 is a more difficult task

SEASON

Lolz :dead:... I disagree... its harder with 3 and has been for me so far! Please stick to the rules and don't retain 4 letters like you again did. :)

Continuing from SENSOR with SENATE :pigeon:

•••
Lolz :dead:... I disagree... its harder with 3 and has been for me so far! Please stick to the rules and don't retain 4 letters like you again did. :)

Continuing from SENSOR with SENATE :pigeon:
Only 676 combinations, if you retain 4 letters. 17576 combinations if you retain 3.
I thought we have to retain minimum 3.

Anyways, SEVERE

•••
Nice word! Thanks!! :xf.cool:

ADHERE :angelic:

:woot: Notice how these two words matched the conversation hehe! :-P

•••
HERION

Last edited:
•••

Awwwwwwww Brian... you moved the cheese again! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.. no shifting of the letters... try again!

last word: ADHERE

Last edited:
•••
Nice word! Thanks!! :xf.cool:

ADHERE :angelic:

:woot: Notice how these two words matched the conversation hehe! :-P

Was about to ADMIRE, but I had to ADHERE, so I can just

ASPIRE

•••
•••
Back