Domain Empire

advice 5L.com Should I go for it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Merakilous

Established Member
Impact
I have a few 5L domains in mind that I'm thinking of purchasing. Some are in the category VCVCV, others CVCVC and one is CVVCV (pronounceable and brandable in my opinion). Should I go for it? Do you think the market for this category will be better or worse in 2018? Do you have reported sales or get offers for your domains?

Thanks in advance,
Merakilous

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a few 5L domains in mind that I'm thinking of purchasing. Some are in the category VCVCV, others CVCVC and one is CVVCV (pronounceable and brandable in my opinion). Should I go for it? Do you think the market for this category will be better or worse in 2018? Do you have reported sales or get offers for your domains?

Thanks in advance,
Merakilous
If you need to ask...stop buying or stop asking, your move.

Last edited:
•••
If you need to ask...stop buying or stop asking, your move.
I can ask and I can buy...i'm not asking for permission, i'm asking for advice from experienced members, I wanna know their experience. That's all. If you don't want to share anything regarding this thread you can move on to a different one.

•••
•••
I like that it seems like you only understood what CVCVC stands for just now :xf.grin: kkk

I was searching for expired domains & this just popped up. I guess it'll definitely have some premium value.

•••
i have many cvcvc but not have many requests :

vaven.com
mozag.com
beked.com
dufem.com
nelof.com
xacax.com

and many more

•••
Kate make a good point, as always. Watching 5 / 6 letter selling for 2k+, reg-fee domains look like a good deal so a plan and caution are important.

I picked Uneqld for reg-fee.

•••
I have few but selling for low .

•••
Kate make a good point, as always. Watching 5 / 6 letter selling for 2k+, reg-fee domains look like a good deal so a plan and caution are important.

I picked Uneqld for reg-fee.

Like Max Erhmann once said "Always exercise caution in your business affairs"
;)

•••

You are doing well if you are finding them for reg fee

I own a few bought for reg fee some listed on bb and others ejected by bb but it's getting extremely difficult to find good 5L. Coms for reg fee as I spend a bit of time trying to find good 5L. Coms for reg fee

•••
The person on here I can't remember his username on here but he owns AbleBrands they have some pretty decent 5L. Coms and quite a large quantity of them and they posted examples of recent 5L sales which gives an idea shat is selling

•••
So Zieca.com is ok and biexa are ok but bioue.com and Pioue.com not as much

The message was referring to the last vowel. Not the other letters.
And my opinion was based on a general rule and not a specific name.

Still from your example, yes, I would prefer Zieca and Zieco to Ziecu, Ziece and Zieci.

•••
No doubt, pronounciable 5L.com would be the next big thing in a couple of years. Shortnames.com report proper sales of these items. A meaningful keyword in the 5L serves as the icing on the cake.
My few 5L.com purchases that I would like to hold for now: botxy, enrzy, enrzi, enrjy

•••

Thanks in advance,
Merakilous

I would not go for it unless the domain makes sense
based on other rules then the one you quoted

•••
As an incorrigible optimist I regged ByHap.com :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

image-byhapserendipity-3303_5A12CDDA.png

Last edited:
•••
Thank you to everyone participating in this thread. I'm reading all your posts and learning a lot. If someone wants to spread more wisdom on this matter please jump on :xf.smile:
We bought recently Wkii.com ( obviously a play on Wiki.com with over 1 billion results ) and we paid no more than we would for a quality 5L.com We'd rather have Wkii.com We think it could be a great name for a future cryptocurrency or whatever in other words more chance to sell it for a large sum of money. One 5L.com we recently missed was Bingzo.com which we thought was a great 5L.

•••
We bought recently Wkii.com ( obviously a play on Wiki.com with over 1 billion results ) and we paid no more than we would for a quality 5L.com We'd rather have Wkii.com We think it could be a great name for a future cryptocurrency or whatever in other words more chance to sell it for a large sum of money. One 5L.com we recently missed was Bingzo.com which we thought was a great 5L.

Bingzo is a 6L. :)

•••
•••
Registered few 5Ls today as well

Bumol<>com
Pumul<>com
Gujis<>com
Fulel<>com
Lysox<>com

•••
I have 2 5L domains which are extremely easy to pronounce and brandable too but I didn't find any cool clients for it yet :(

•••
I have 2 5L domains which are extremely easy to pronounce and brandable too but I didn't find any cool clients for it yet :(

Not all pronounceable and brandable 5 letter domains have buyers unfortunately, it's a mix between knowing what you're doing and luck but you've got to stay positive :xf.smile: Can you share the names? If you can't it's ok

•••
Not all pronounceable and brandable 5 letter domains have buyers unfortunately, it's a mix between knowing what you're doing and luck but you've got to stay positive :xf.smile: Can you share the names? If you can't it's ok

Azaab.Com (Arabic/Urdu word with lots of global searches - sort of common every household term - could be easily sold to any Gulf living end user if found easily :P )

Laavy.Com (could be well-suited for a fashion brand or beauty products or baby products) (example - LAVIE being an international ladies handbag brand)

•••
I tend to look at any unregistered domain with suspicion. How come it's still available if it's any good ?
I tend to think available names are "lottery" domains, especially when you are talking brandables

•••
Why 5-Letter Words Are The Best In Brandable

[quote]Do you really think corporate end users care if a domain is 4l or 5l? No -they just care about getting ‘their’ company brand and they will pay dearly for it. [/quote]

Regarding pronounceable 5l.com domains (lvlvl.com) combinations there are only 21*5*21*5*21 (231,525 combinations). So there are actually less pronounceable 5l.com compared to 4l.com. But for some reason 5l.com are priced extremely low at the moment… but maybe not for long

Article

intel.jpg

canon.png

adobe.png

pepsi.jpg

honda-3d-vector-logo-400x400.png

latest

Last edited:
•••
Would not do well in the radio test, confusion is something to avoid imo, good luck

Thanks. That goes for about half 5-6 letter names that sold over 1k on Godaddy this month ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back