IT.COM

$5.95 domains are here! (WARNING)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
BEWARE of the following spam email bearing the subject header "$5.95 domains are here!" DO NOT click the iregistrations.com link, which is a bogus redirect!!

Register your .com .net .org .biz .info and .us domain names at only $5.95 per year! Full DNS management including free URL and email forwarding at no extra cost.

Register your domain name(s) by clicking here (iregistrations.com) before anybody else does.

Customer Support
iRegistrations

Clicking this link so will install some nasty stuff in your c:/Program Files directory, override some of your IE settings and disable the Google Toolbar pop-up blocker.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up!

•••
iregistrations.com are total scumbags almost as bad as DROA.com

•••
Yes i second the motion. iregistrations have hidden charges.

•••
Originally posted by Jeffrey
Yes i second the motion. iregistrations have hidden charges.

On domains?

•••
thanks for warning us.

Originally posted by g0ldy
On domains?
probably, what else can they charge you for?

•••
:tu:

thanks for the heads up

•••
Your card would be charged for hosting fee...be careful

•••
I just got this email this morning when suddenly my email account is flooded with at least 60+ junk mails all with attachments to them!

•••
wow.... good call - i'm not clickin there ;)

•••
•••
Originally posted by Anthony
Those emails are likely due to a fast-spreading email virus going around: http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/01/28/mydoom.spreadwed/

Agreed. Completely unrelated to the bogus iregistrations redirect link.

However, despite having deleted the malicious folders and content which the redirected link installed in C:/Program Files, it appears that these clever bastards managed to leave something behind in my system -- perhaps in the registry -- that is feeding my PC incessant popups. While I fume, they're generating pop-up revenues.

Any suggestions as to where in my system I might locate (and disable) this embedded code?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back