IT.COM

48hr.com Auctions (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch
Welcome to the 48hr.com Auctions
Official Thread on Namepros

The goal of this thread is to create a direct channel for domain investors to provide feedback.

ktsO5OS.png

What is 48hr.com?
An independent auction house for .COM domains fully denominated in Bitcoin, where each auction lasts 48 hours exactly.

Here are some of our other unique features:
- Bids backed by bitcoin, sellers can require every bid is fully backed by immediately available bitcoin (deposit.)
- Auctions last exactly 48 hours. No time extensions, ever.
- API for everyone, we teach you how to use it too! (soon)
- NO-FIAT - This is the most important feature, 48hr only works with Bitcoin.
- Currently only accepting non-expired .COM domains​

Only verified bidders can place bids, please make sure you follow the required steps to become verified. Golden auctions require a deposit for instant disbursement to the seller after the domain is transferred.

We welcome ideas, suggestions, and feedback.

Project Leads: @Gube @DanSanchez

Follow @48hrCom on twitter

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
48hr is probably the development I'm the proudest of.
I'm happy Dan Sanchez brought that project vision and I can't wait to see it live!
We will continue sharing screenshots of the user interface on twitter, but to keep it short, we valued automation a lot here, and probably will continue to do so as it helps to lower costs, go faster and make less mistakes :)

The waitlist is already opened and you can register yourself to be notified when we launch (Or you can watch this thread, we will announce it here too)

•••
Alpha coming very soon, here is a preview of the dashboard with some auctions.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 8.56.16 AM.png

The Escrow is fully user-driven with help of a bot that checks Auth codes before sending it to the buyer.
image_2021_01_28T21_15_28_886Z.png

The listing process is verified by a unique Name Server assigned to your account, no need to remove your domains from parking pages! Simply add the NS to the 3rd position (NS3) and list them.

listing.jpg

More soon!

Last edited:
•••
MUSIC to my EARS. NO RESERVES! Joined waiting list

Thank you, @DanSanchez.
D1B7FFDE-CE4A-4DA5-85B5-7DFBFC3ECAC9.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Happy to announce 48hr entered Alpha this past Friday!

Here is a short video explaining the listing process,

•••
•••
How is it going? Any sales record?

Best of luck to the awesome team anyway!

•••
•••
Nice website.

Last edited:
•••
is there a way to see on the site what the btc converts too?

•••
is there a way to see on the site what the btc converts too?

Not yet, but...

There is a very easy way to read BTC prices if you want a US dollar reference.

0.0001 is $5
0.0010 is $50
0.0100 is $500
0.1000 is $5000

A domain priced for 0.0025 you can assume the current market cost to replace the bitcoin is roughly $150. Once you start trading in Bitcoin, it only takes a few days to get used to the denominations.

•••
Due to fire at OVH in the Strasbourg region, 48hr is currently down.
Early in the morning, fire started in SBG2, it then propagated to SBG1.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control but all services in that region wil stay down due to the site being closed.

The ETA I was given is 23hrs.

All BTC deposits are safe as they are in an offline wallet.
We will let you know once we know more/or the situation is resolved at OVH. (We are on SBG5, but no update was posted about that building)

•••
Nice; wish you nothing, but success, 48hr.com!

Last edited:
•••
Update from OVH :
We are on the openstack region "SBG5", which is located in the SBG3 datacenter.
This one is safe. All servers are off but they are looking to restart them this week/next week.

I'm currently working on rerouting some trafic to the Gravelines datacenter but I don't have the most recent data as this was, in the SBG region as well..
For OVH, this is a catastrophy. An entire DC burnt down and another one 30% burnt down.
They need to replace some of the network equipment and the power entry (20KV for SBG3)

Last edited:
•••
Update from OVH :
We are on the openstack region "SBG5", which is located in the SBG3 datacenter.
This one is safe. All servers are off but they are looking to restart them this week/next week.

I'm currently working on rerouting some trafic to the Gravelines datacenter but I don't have the most recent data as this was, in the SBG region as well..
For OVH, this is a catastrophy. An entire DC burnt down and another one 30% burnt down.
They need to replace some of the network equipment and the power entry (20KV for SBG3)

Hi @Gube

That doesn't look good. Hope for them, and your service, that OVH will have things restored and rerouted soon. Good luck.

EwHJbJ2XAAQBmG1.jpg ovhcloud_sdis_3.original.jpg

Attachments

• zTiNpi4.png
    zTiNpi4.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
•••
Hi @Gube

That doesn't look good. Hope for them, and your service, that OVH will have things restored and rerouted soon. Good luck.

Show attachment 184810 Show attachment 184811
Yes, I was able to reroute some of my services to Gravelines but I don't have everything to re-open the site.
They are working on giving us new instances as well (in RBX & GRA) but it takes time and customers on the DC that burnt down are probably being prioritized. It's where they hosted some of their larger clients, private cloud for example.

OVH gave an ETA for SBG1&4, they plan to restart both by March 15th and March 19th for SBG3 where my instance should be.
In the future, I'll make sure to keep backups in a different datacenter..

•••
In the future, I'll make sure to keep backups in a different datacenter..
...Or use different datacenter from the very beginning... Not about fire, but the reputation of ovh (and hetzner) is not the best imo. I for one have to block their IPs in firewall on each new server (or any server) I'm dealing with, due to tons of bots / content grabbers / hackers they host

•••
...Or use different datacenter from the very beginning... Not about fire, but the reputation of ovh (and hetzner) is not the best imo. I for one have to block their IPs in firewall on each new server (or any server) I'm dealing with, due to tons of bots / content grabbers / hackers they host
I have been using them for over 5 years with only small issues here and there, but it's not usual to see an entire DC being burnt down.
(The last issue I had there was at their RBX datacenter in 2017, but I don't remember what the issue was exactly, it was down for the day)
Plus they are the leader in Europe. Now for domains, yes, I only keep ccTLD names there because they are a lot cheaper.
Data replication is also a good thing overall, never relying on one DC only.

•••
We're officially back this week! Thank you (seriously) for those that sent messages of support & love, it was tough seeing this bitcoin-powered Ferrari almost burn to the ground. Now we have active backup systems that keep track of all auctions, creating hourly snapshots to recover bids and ongoing auctions down to the minute thanks to @Gube's magic code.

twitter-laser.png

•••
Announcing the first auction/scheduled auction for June 3-4. We are focusing on Bitcoin 2021 attendees and thus focusing on the bitcoin keyword range.

If you have great domains with coin/bitcoin/crypto related keywords, you are invited to submit them for a scheduled auction beginning on June 2nd and ending in June 4th 2021.

Submissions please use support @ 48hr.com without spaces.

BTCthemed-big.jpeg

•••
Just wanted to post a quick update on a great feature added to 48hr,

- You can now schedule auctions inside the /list page, direct traffic to your landing page by parking the domain before the auction starts.

This allows anyone to schedule auctions, build hype, and get a better turnout for your domain names.

1. Add your domains, price them, and select the "Schedule" Option.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.01.36 PM.png

Step 2. Select the date and time for your auction to start.

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.01.54 PM.png

48hr remains the best way to earn Bitcoin natively, with absolutely no fiat involved in the Escrow.

Any questions, we are here to help!

•••
So... Zero auctions. Project still alive or did the crypto crash kill it?

•••
•••
It died before the crypt crash.

Thanks. I remembered the project as a domain I was watching reminded me of theirs. Pitty. Thanks for the info.

•••
Pivot underway, the auctions model definitely failed but we did close over 100 sales for bitcoin only.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back