IT.COM

discuss 3D Showcase, Discussion, and Confirmed Sales Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just curios how the market is for these domains right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
sold 3d-scanners . co. uk. 200,-usd

•••
•••
I love 3d names!
Here is what I have so far:

.coms:
3dinteract
3dprintproducts
3dbrainscan
3dXprinting

others:
3dprint (plus)
3dprinting (plus)
3dchat (online)
3dHolo (Graphics)
3DTV (Watch)

•••
I too love 3d domains got some 8 years old .net domain
L3d dot net

newly registered dot net domain
Cloud3dPrinter.net

•••
Thought I'd mix 3d & drone niches into 1 even tho with hyphen, still looks and sounds cool IMO!

3-Drone.com​

3-Drones.com​

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Looking to buy into a couple 3d domain names. I don't see many sales.. Is this a fad or is the best yet to come?

•••
just regged 3DScanningCompany in king

Scanning is getting important if 3D printing hits the homes

•••
Looking to buy into a couple 3d domain names. I don't see many sales.. Is this a fad or is the best yet to come?

I dont think its a fad because "3D" is many places and is sooo long standing.
I would think that the "good" names are have already been purchased and/or are developed. 3D is nothing new, it has been around for years...

In all honesty, I think that as far as domainers go, most are grabbing less then premium names (all the premium names have long since dried up), in the hopes that something will take off.

As far as sales, (I have not verfied) but these names popped up within the last month or so:
3DMake.de for $2,243
3DProject.com for $660

I hope that makes sense.
Cheers

•••
Thank you, the names I am looking at are at least 5 years old.And are above $50
Not all good names are developed, and you gotta look outside the 3d "box"
I have 3dquadcopters.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge Chubby, never know when you get lucky in this game.. Not many sales means people are holding, or end users have found them, or there not worth much
Some owners just don't know what they have, very few but. Agreed 99% of premium names are registered.

•••
Thank you, the names I am looking at are at least 5 years old.And are above $50
Not all good names are developed, and you gotta look outside the 3d "box"
I have 3dquadcopters.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge Chubby, never know when you get lucky in this game.. Not many sales means people are holding, or end users have found them, or there not worth much
Some owners just don't know what they have, very few but. Agreed 99% of premium names are registered.

No doubt about it... there is surely an element of luck to this.

It could be any one of those factors that you listed for the low number of sales but if I was a bettering man, I would hazard a bet on the idea that 3D has been around for decades and the names have already been picked up in some manner.
Who knows... there may be a few great 3D names stuck in a portfolio (since red/cyan days) some where that have not seen the light of day and have been forgotten about.

Outside the box is a new development for the world of 3D. There may be plenty of good names to get had in that context (an area that sadly I have have not explored).

3D is surely not dead and probably will not be for some many years to come however, sales will probably remain slow and most likely niche.

Just an opinion.

Cheers

•••
How about this for all u 3d domain & hyphen junkies all in 1 package!:xf.grin:

3-Domains.com​

:xf.smile:

•••
few of my 3d domains.

3DCloudPrints.com
3DCloudTech.com
3DCTScanner.com
3DDecorations.com
3DDecorative.com
3DDeccors.com
3DEPrinters.com
3DMEDQUIP.COM ( 3D medical equipment)
3DRoboPrinter.com
3DSkyView.com
3DToyz.com
3DTechnique.com
3DTouchPrinter.com
3DUltrasonic.com
3DVirtualReal.com

•••
I see apple iPhone 6 will be using a new tech called 3dtouch

Check out the latest news!

:P

•••
I see a fellow Canadian grabbed .ca version today. Good score!

•••
Wouldnt there be a tm issue on 3dtouch?

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
I see apple iPhone 6 will be using a new tech called 3D Touch

Check out the latest news!

Damn, I've owned Touch3D.com for years, why don't they swap the words around -_-

Wouldnt there be a tm issue on 3dtouch?

Not unless they have filed for a TM

•••
Jeez GC that's a bummer 4 sure at least u r switched on to have such domains but what can 1 do unless their crystal ball is dialed in to the corps boardrooms!

Its still a cool domain even tho reversed IMO!

I see 3dtouch dot .com was owned since 2001 so someone will be laughing all the way to the bank

•••
I see 3dtouch dot .com was owned since 2001 so someone will be laughing all the way to the bank

Unfortunately, I don't think apple will want the domain 3DTouch.com anyway, they use apple.com/iphone/ to market the product

3D Touch is just a small feature of the iphone

•••
Well the news states that they spent years and big bucks to develop 3dtouch so this tech is just the tip of what we know how big it will become and is far from being a small feature if you read the tech news.

:xf.cool:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back