IT.COM

discuss 3D Showcase, Discussion, and Confirmed Sales Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just curios how the market is for these domains right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@flavourdomains

I appreciate the input. I understand what you are saying and I do NOT disagree. They do sound good together but my point was more geared toward the idea that maybe 3D domains have been saturated so much that we are now getting to 3 term domain names.

A few years back, I was heavy into 3D domain names and have since pulled back on the reigns retaining only two 3D domain names.

If we have gotten to the point that domainers are now picking up 3 term 3D domain names on a routine basis, then that is good news. I would take that as meaning that a decent 2 term 3D domain name value has gone up in value.

I would be fairly happy with that prospect as one of the 3D domains that I retained over the years is a 2 term (what I consider decent) domain.

3dDatabase (dot) com

Apparently these terms together go over well in the visualization, model, design, bio, and health aspects of the 3D world.
I am happy if we as domainers have reached a point that 3 terms domains are being picked up.

Cheers

•••
•••
@ChubbyDfat

in general i think that regging 3 term 3d domains is just like burning your money.
You won`t get anything for these kind of names in the aftermarket.
Those names get regged because more people come into domaining and they start with handregs.
…and they simply get what´s left. We started like that and they do.
You sit there, searching for the good names, but you don´t find them.
Instead of investing $100 in a decent name in the aftermarket you´ll handreg 10 shitty names.
That´s why people end up regging the 3 term 3d domains that make no sense. It´s the learning curve …
It´s not easy to sell good 2 term 3d domains. There is no market for 3 term 3d domains at all (except 3DP)
imo …

3ddatabase is not bad i think :)

•••
@ChubbyDfat

in general i think that regging 3 term 3d domains is just like burning your money.
You won`t get anything for these kind of names in the aftermarket.
Those names get regged because more people come into domaining and they start with handregs.
…and they simply get what´s left. We started like that and they do.
You sit there, searching for the good names, but you don´t find them.
Instead of investing $100 in a decent name in the aftermarket you´ll handreg 10 shitty names.
That´s why people end up regging the 3 term 3d domains that make no sense. It´s the learning curve …
It´s not easy to sell good 2 term 3d domains. There is no market for 3 term 3d domains at all (except 3DP)
imo …

3ddatabase is not bad i think :)
Thank you for your input. I have been doing this for about 5 years now and have moved on from 3D names.
I have only retained 2 names that deal in 3D.
One is the database name and the other is a bio printer name.

I was not asking the question in regards to registering more 3D domain names.
I was just wondering if the domain industry has moved past 2 term names (because all the decent names have already been registered) and if so, I would then assume that my database name now has a certain amount of value because of that.
At which point in time I may actively have to bring it to market.

Cheers and all the best

•••
@ChubbyDfat

The beginners reg anything and that´s why there are no 2 term names left. But that doesn´t mean that there are buyers for those names. And they move on to register 3 term names and for this kind of names there are no buyers at all. So i don´t see more value in 2 term domains only because there are no 2 term names left. I would try to sell the name. I think the right time to get active with 3ddatabase is now.

cheers

•••
So what would you value 3dDatabase(dot)com at?

I see that European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), National Cancer Institute/National Institutes of Health (NCI),
American Chemical Society/Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, and University of California, Berkeley all utilize 3D Database(s) in some form or another for medical/research, mostly having to do with molecular structures.

3D Database is also a strong term used in 3D facial recognition, 3D modeling, and other like technologies.

Personally, when I was developing the site... I was going after the small minded aspect of a database of everything 3D (a 3D Database... makes sense right?) but, things being what they are, I lost motivation a few years back (I just couldn't keep up) and now technology has caught up with the term.

So I am left to wonder if there is any value in the name.
If so, what would you hazard to guess it is?

Cheers

•••
I don´t know…

I think no company really need to have the name.

In my opinion just offer the name to a company for $999 and see what happens.

If a company offers $500 or $250 … take it.

This kind of name isn´t worth a fortune.

best

•••
You got that right.
My personal guess would have been in the realm of $1,300 (close enough to yours).
I am basing that on gut instinct as I have no idea what the 3D domain market looks like now a days.

However, the database market is generally strong.
I have not touched name/site in years. My last incarnation was to focus on the database part and make it a database of all things 3D and I did well while I was updating it. #1 for my key word search term. #3 for key word image search. Several hundred hits a day... I just could not monetize it. I have no idea how to do that, but I learned a LOT about SEO during that time.

Anyway, yeah, thanks for the insight.

Cheers

•••
•••
Finally regged my first 3D names:xf.grin:

trendy/3d.com

3d/dish.com

budget/3d.com

3d/discounts.com

neat/3d.com

3d/comparison.com

•••
My latest 3D and 3D printing related additions from the Aftermarket:

3dVisualizer.com (almost one million search results for this big niche profession)
Remote3d.com (remote 3d printing, check out secured3d.com for example.. going to be huge cause not everybody will be able to afford or want a 3d printer at home (if not needing it all the time))

going to hold them for a longer while until top offers come in..

•••
About to close on a 3D+keyword for $1,500. Will post the name when the sale finalizes.

But I have had an increase in interest as of late in some of my 3D names that I regged 8 - 16 months ago.

•••
same here, my 3d domains are getting more inquiries slowly but steadily.. don't sell yours too quickly though if you have got some good keywords..

•••
Dot com's:
3DPrintedImages
3DPrintedMap
3DPrintedMeds
3DPrintedCompany
3DPrintedMarket
3DPimplant

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
3dVisualizer.com (almost one million search results for this big niche profession)

@GravityEleven

... there are not actually a million search results for this string... what your seeing when you search google for 3d visualizer is a very, VERY broad return where the word '3d' and the word 'visualizer' can be anywhere in the same sentence or meta tag. there are two steps you can take to get a better read on the string you are chasing.

Google is actually reporting this string as 316,000
to find out how i got that number, you need to perform your "exact Search" in quotes.

... 316,000 is actually still good... however..
this is still false

after you search your string "in quotes", go to the bottom of the page
there, under the 'Gooooooooooogle' logo you will see page numbers
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...etc...
... find out how many pages there are in total
... in this case, using the string "3d Visualizer" there are just 25 pages
you will also see a note from google that will read:

"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 250 already displayed. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included. "

so... in a nutshell
"3d Visualizer" has around 250 search results returned from google and many of them are more than likely the same article.

** I write this to hopefully help you in your hunt - not to minimize your domain.
in any event - good luck with it

•••
Yup, i noticed that already at a later time doing more research

it's alright.. will hold on to it for longer time anyway until it gets to that many results :)

•••
3DPrinterSystem dot com
3DPrinterSystems dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
•••
•••
THanks... how much you think I should ask for it?

•••
•••
•••
•••
3dprintingcompany eu

cant believe it was available

so which one would you use in case setting up a 3D printing company ?

3DPrinting-company com
3DprintingCompany eu
3-Dprinting. company

Last edited:
•••
3DPrintedMasions.com
3DPetProsthetics.com
3DPrintedJewels.com
3DAnimalProsthetics.com
3DArtForSale.com
3DArtSale.com
3DArtSales.com
3dPrintingloans.com
Fine3dArt.com listed this on godaddy 7 day no bites so far
3DPrintingPavilion.com
Top3DArchitect.com
3DConcretePrinter.com
i aslo picked up GeneticGlue.com its the glue that makes or bonds the 3d organs idk i figured it be worth a shot

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back