Dynadot

3 letter .net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm looking to buy a 3 letter domain to go w/ my site - the .com owners of it want 30k which is insane, but the .net guy will sell for $1k - I think that's a bit high for a 3 letter .net with letters don't mean much and has a Z in it.. what is a reasonable price for the domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think if you pay anything over $200 in today's market, it's too much. Only buy it for more if you really want the specific name.

•••
•••
if its got value for your business name (zsn could meen nothing to someone else but be the initials of your business) then i guess its ok, $200 is if your buying the domain name just cause its there, dont go into the 3 digits, keep it mid $XXX maximum

•••
I agree somewhat with the "around $200" mark. Some good letters will demand more. I have noticed that the bidding on the drops lately have been almost laughable. People are bidding $300+ on 3 letter .net domains I guess because they expect to get rich quick with one "big" sale.

•••
Perhaps I'll offer a dissenting voice. I don't think that $1k is a bad price if it is a name you really need. Wholesale for 3-letter .net names is about $200 right now, but if you need it, you need it. The .com may be a little high at $30k, but to get what you need and only be out $1k, no biggie. Plenty of folks are paying that much or more for 3-letter .infos, .biz's and even .us's.

Just a thought,
:) Andrew

•••
Thank you all for your quick and informative replies.. I agree 1k isn't a fortune for the domain, but it's more of a want than a need - it would just be cool. It has no traffic, no meaning, not much of anything special.. I can afford the $1k, it's just the principle of it all :) I'll try a counter-offer.

•••
forona said:
Thank you all for your quick and informative replies.. I agree 1k isn't a fortune for the domain, but it's more of a want than a need - it would just be cool. It has no traffic, no meaning, not much of anything special.. I can afford the $1k, it's just the principle of it all :) I'll try a counter-offer.
good luck

•••
good luck with the counter offer, try to get mid $xxx atleast, and a 3 letter .net is great looking on a business card =)

•••
try to start them at about $200 and push them to $500 then say.. 'this is the maximum i am paying'

and if they dont accept that.... then theres not much you can do....

•••
^^^^^^ Quick lesson in gettin the best offer lol
| | | | | |

•••
if you want a much cheaper name, ill sell you z29.net for $30

•••
•••
z29 doesnt have the initials to his business im guessing, the other one had a z in it, but I'm guessing if he was that interested it must have been exact initials.

•••
jeter4982 said:
if you want a much cheaper name, ill sell you z29.net for $30
it isn't three letter

•••
1rrr1 said:
it isn't three letter

o i thought it said 3 characters. sorry. i had namepros open in 2 windows, so i must have seen 3 char. in the other window

•••
hehe good luck with it, be sure to come back here and tell us how it went, and how much you bought it for if you decided to after all =)

•••
If it's something like zet.net or zat.net or zuk.net or something that makes a "word" sounding noise. $1K ok

If it isn't, like HJL.net, not nearly as pricey. $XXX lowish ok.

Albeit, it does look good on a business card.

-Allan

•••
i guess it is sorta worth it if it goes with your site

•••
All three-letter domain markets drastically changed when Elequa purchased every available 3-letter .info (then about 2,500), and .biz (then about 4,600). There is an incredible good article on it in www.Dnjournal.com archived at http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/cover030304.htm

Since then, 3 letters prices have gone uphill. Thus, I have to differ from a prior post in this thread. The value of a 3 letter .net that just happens to drop and is auctioned on pool is irrelevant to the value of a specific 3 letter .net needed by an end user. Look at some recent confirmed 3-letter sales indicated on Dnjournal.com:

SSM.com $145,000
FKK.de €40,000
Low.com $32,640
Gay.biz $9,500
HMS.info €9,280
NYC.biz $6,000
KFZ.info €4,000
ETC.info $4,000
BVV.info $1,500

What I think about the value of those sales doesn’t mean spit, because that’s the price of the ticket.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
monk666 said:
$150 Not more!

Please PM me where I can det some 3 letter .nets for $150 or less because I will buy them. :o

•••
zestydomains*com said:
Perhaps I'll offer a dissenting voice. I don't think that $1k is a bad price if it is a name you really need. Wholesale for 3-letter .net names is about $200 right now, but if you need it, you need it.

Well said, zesty. 3-letter .net costs as cheap as $200 between speculators only when the seller really needs the cash for something else. Otherwise, he'd be better off waiting (or looking) for an end-user willing to pay low four figures.

If you want a bargain, perhaps you can identify yourself as a reseller, and offer to trade him for another approximately nice 3-letter .net, plus a small $$ amount for the invonvenience.

Finding some other random 3-letter .net for $200 to $300 should be possible within this forum.

Good luck!

- Apollo %%-

•••
acts837 said:
monk666 said:
$150 Not more!

Please PM me where I can det some 3 letter .nets for $150 or less because I will buy them. :o
me too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back