IT.COM

3 letter multilingual domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i just registered a multilingual domain name from idotz.net. First off what is your guys input on these multilingual domain names.
also...

what do you think i could get for

www.ŵŵŵ.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really donn't know how to input this letter.
We also have chinese domain in China,but we must install some software to support chinese domain.
Not good for resell.

•••
Thats true these domains are not accessible to the general internet surfer.

•••
•••
I think that at the moment Explorer needs a plug in to work with these domains :
http://idn.verisign-grs.com/index.jsp?lang=en

But quite a few other browsers already support them.

Could be interesting, I did dabble in them a year or two back and had first.com in Korean ( I think :) ) but nothing came of that.

All the best

Richard

•••
•••
I think not, the plugin wíll be standardized and as you cán séé, the accent on the letters gives a particular meaning or twist to any verb so it cán be usefull ;) .

•••
I think that, that particular name has no value at all, multilingual domain names are going to be very valuable items , as soon as Internet Explorer releases its new version, Microsoft should support this kind of domains any time now, just as every other browser do right now, without the need of plugins.
the problems is that they cover aprox. 80% of the market, so here we are waiting for them to do so.

but internationalized domain names (as they call them) are very hot items in Germany and some other countries in Europe where they have all those characters already on their keyboard

so try to register a good generic domain in another language not just made up words.

good luck!

•••
The german, asian and spanish markets are quite rich in scale and diversity, the demand will rise and rise.

Let's hope that this standardization will not be accompanied
by a drastic change in policy...."oh sorry, we had to delete all ml-names.." .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back