NameSilo

3 letter expired .coms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone managed to register a 3 letter(no numbers/hyphens)expired domain lately?
What is the best strategy to accomplish that:1)backorder the ones that expire soon,2)hunt them alone and hope you get lucky,3)use special software to be notified the second they are deleted ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They don't get dropped, I mean, if you have a 3 letter .com which is typically worth $1-$2k would you just let it drop?

•••
I have not seen one drop in the past few years.

•••
even if they drop, many people will be catching and there wil be a big bidding war for it

•••
I don't think someone would ever consider dropping such a domain. They are very valuable considering that some companies might need them as their name / initials.

•••
watching a bidding war just now for yol.com - just over 2,000 at the moment with about a day 1/2 to go, someone will regret letting that baby drop !

needless to say my bid did'nt get far !!! - so get your wallets out !

•••
there is a three letter .com right now over at namewinner with only a $350 bid on it over at the extended bidding section

piraulos0 said:
Has anyone managed to register a 3 letter(no numbers/hyphens)expired domain lately?
What is the best strategy to accomplish that:1)backorder the ones that expire soon,2)hunt them alone and hope you get lucky,3)use special software to be notified the second they are deleted ?

Good ones are impossible to regg now i beleive and you have to go through the auctions, registers are sometimes domain buyers them selves so little guy has a hard time getting a great name. though if the drop catchers happen to catch it
pool.ocm
snapnames.com
namewinner.com
than you have a chance to outbid others who want it.
competition is fierce sometime and the golden rule than applies
those who have the gold make the rule.

•••
There’s only been one three letter name that has actually dropped in the last two years or so. Needless to say it was snatched up instantly. You might have marginally better luck with something like pool. You’ll do a lot better just to look out for bargains on sale. I’ve seen a few decent 3 letters go for reasonably prices over the past year or so.

•••
I haven't seen a 3 letter .com drop in a couple of years, they are quite valuable

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back