Dynadot

3 Character Price Guide

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've had difficulties selling NLN.NET and LNL.NET domains for less than $10 recently. I also have had difficulties selling N-L.NET domains for $50*. Now I see from 3character.com that LLN.ORG domains are supposed to be with a wholesale value of $10????? I can buy unregistered LLN.ORG for $6 at GoDaddy (possibly cheaper in bulk or at other places).

Usually I consider that 3character.com is a great resource but I kind of get the impression that the lower end of the spectrum (the CCC.NET and CCC.ORG), the values seem a bit overpriced. I don't mind it if the values are underpriced but it does get frustrating when I'm trying to sell domains at rates which are supposed to be considered wholesale rates and nobody wants them. I probably wouldn't have brought this up if the NNL.ORG domain $10 pricing wasn't published. That's an obvious error.

*current pricing on the 3character.com price-guide shows LNL.NET at $10, NLN.NET at $10, N-L.NET at $50, and NNL.ORG at $10.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Vurg that it should be read as a guideline, not an absolute. The domain market is dynamic, and names go in and out of fashion on a weekly basis, especially on the forums. Zesty does a god job to even stay anywhere near on top of the market, imho.

Also, I think that just because a domain has a minimum wholesale price, doesn't mean there are always buyers in that market either. Once I get my act together I will publish data I have been collecting on 3 character pricing for some time now- what bugs me is that on seeing the 3 character guidelines a lot of people think they never have to offer over minimum wholesale for the names, when in reality, it should only be the very worst example of each type going for the minimum amount.

•••
Yes, that is a guidance only.

The actual sales price could never be fixed...

•••
unlike stock market, domain business is not as liquid

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back