IT.COM

$26.55 per click.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When I type in my three word domain name with spaces, without hyphens, and without the tld in Overture's View Bids Tool it returns sites that pay $25 to $26.55 per click. Is this good? Should I use it, park it, or sell it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it has traffic park it for a few months to build up stats.

If the stats are good you can sell it for 36-48X rev

•••
This is the thing-------Most people assume that if there is a $25 bid, their payout is going to be $25... If the next bid is $0.15, the top click will only be $0.20. Proxy bidding. Many companies bid $50 as a way to scare all other bidders for that term. No one else is going to bid the term up. I have seen $326 bids for ipod related items, but the next bid was only $0.85. Now if the second highest bid is $20 then you definately want to keep the name. Also just because bids are high at yahoo doesnt mean they are that high at google.

For example
keywords:
best sports car
top bid is $5
next bid is $4
Definately a money maker!

•••
domainacrobat said:
This is the thing-------Most people assume that if there is a $25 bid, their payout is going to be $25... If the next bid is $0.15, the top click will only be $0.20. Proxy bidding. Many companies bid $50 as a way to scare all other bidders for that term. No one else is going to bid the term up. I have seen $326 bids for ipod related items, but the next bid was only $0.85. Now if the second highest bid is $20 then you definately want to keep the name. Also just because bids are high at yahoo doesnt mean they are that high at google.

For example
keywords:
best sports car
top bid is $5
next bid is $4
Definately a money maker!
didn't know that, verry usefull, so actualy you don't have to look at the nax bid of a keyword but you have to watch the acty-ivity and concurence

•••
Mr Blockeel said:
didn't know that, verry usefull, so actualy you don't have to look at the nax bid of a keyword but you have to watch the acty-ivity and concurence

I am a little confused by what you said... You have to look at the top two or three bids to determine how much the top click will get you.

•••
Basically just look at the CPC of all the advertisers, not just the top one.

If the second advertiser is $1 per click, and the first advertiser is $10 per click - your maximum possible CPC will then be $1. The first advertiser can put down $100000000 for their click, it will still be $1.

•••
Also as far as I know, most of the parking sites use google feeds. Bids for adwords differ greatly, imo.

GH

•••
Bids are high.

Here is the bid order:

$25, $24.50, $24.50, $23.75, $15, $15, $13.08, $13.04, $12.40, $3, $2.54, $1, 11 cents, .10, .10, .10.

All are big law firms.

•••
wow man.. thats a lot for 1 click :D

•••
gamehouse said:
Also as far as I know, most of the parking sites use google feeds. Bids for adwords differ greatly, imo.

GH

I think parked.com uses yahoo feeds, so he can try that out.

•••
•••
nice one.

homebuyer said:
Here is the bid order:

$25, $24.50, $24.50, $23.75, $15, $15, $13.08, $13.04, $12.40, $3, $2.54, $1, 11 cents, .10, .10, .10.

All are big law firms.

•••
Just to take note:

"Created by the founders of domain name registrar directNIC.com"

petrosc said:
I think parked.com uses yahoo feeds, so he can try that out.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Basically just look at the CPC of all the advertisers, not just the top one.

If the second advertiser is $1 per click, and the first advertiser is $10 per click - your maximum possible CPC will then be $1. The first advertiser can put down $100000000 for their click, it will still be $1.

so why don't they? I mean if they are never going to pay it :)

What I mean, is how is the top actual bid value worked out?

•••
Plus you need to remember to cut those bid prices in quarters, to account for Google/Yahoo's share and the parking company's percentage. If the advertiser is paying $1.00 for a click, Google takes ~$.50, and your parking company takes another ~$.25.

•••
-RJ- said:
Plus you need to remember to cut those bid prices in quarters, to account for Google/Yahoo's share and the parking company's percentage. If the advertiser is paying $1.00 for a click, Google takes ~$.50, and your parking company takes another ~$.25.

Ideally.

Although the reported numbers is that Google gives 78% share to the user average. It also depends on your site PR, etc. But the overall point is, Google gives 75% or so to the parking company. If the parking company is a greedy one (Sedo for example), you probably will end up with 20% of that 75%. So in all honesty, something that may be $1 per click payed by Google advertisers, may end you up with 15 cents.

They're the real winners.

•••
why not just throw up your own park page and use your own Adsense text links... I guess if you have a big portfolio, this would take far too much time, but if I had keywords that advertisers were bidding $25 a click on, I'd be taking the time to get the most out of it...

•••
Another thing about bids is that ads can be targeted to certain segment or the funds in advertisers acount (or daily limit) depletet :)

•••
Spend about an hour and create a simple page that is optimized for your term(s) and put your own Adsense on it. Pop it up on your server and start some link trades / directory submissions. Get some traffic, benefit from not sharing your money with a domain park.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back