250.00 dollar header contest!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeIsaid

Account Closed
Impact
After much debate we have decided to start a header contest for one of out projects!

The Website is FriendsForFitness.com. It is a fitness website dedicated to helping people find a workout partner.

Contest information

Contest will End July 14th at 5PM CST
First Place will win 250.00 dollars and the right to do more design work for my company!
Second place will get 100 dollars
and Third Place gets 50 Bucks

I would like the header to match the current site as I like the colors that we have! Use your imagination, and good luck. Also winners will be paid via paypal. Thanks and good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i agree with RJ's proposition to restrict contest offerers to people with a minimum amount of TR....if 10 is too much, maybe make it 5? i dunno, personally, i think TR10 is reasonable and fairly easy to reach in a decent time frame...

i wouldnt be surprised if 90% to 100% of all contests gone bad is by tr 0 people with very little posts...

•••
its sad to see this thread at the top of the forum... i'm sad to say that i think the design section of nps is going down, we only have a handful of regular designers. I think nps has potential to be a very good forum for design contests.

•••
commes said:
i just got one question.Those of you that have photoshop can put on watermark but, some of us just use paint(i do and i've entered a contest)and with paint there is no way of putting on a watermark sadly

I don't mean to be offensive, but, honestly, by using Paint, you are not really that likely to win a contest anyway, unless, of course, no-one else enters ;)

Sorry, but that's the truth !!

•••
will7 said:
I don't mean to be offensive, but, honestly, by using Paint, you are not really that likely to win a contest anyway, unless, of course, no-one else enters ;)

Sorry, but that's the truth !!
Agree ;)

+ like everyone said:

put a reg form or a + 5 or 10 TR
and if some one is interested make a script to upload the image and watermark it with " NamePros " on it :P

but the concept is then stoles but so ? He surely cant design it :D :)

•••
Hi, this maybe a long message but I want to convey what I really feel about this issue .. Its because first time I got ripped off in one recent contest where the buyer run off with our designs with us not getting paid even a single cent! :( ... I know we could have prevented it if we put some precautions/restrictions. Also I wasnt able to read this thread so I didnt know it has been happening to NP lately... Yes I admit I was too lazy to put watermark and check TR.. But like one guy said even if there's watermark our designs could easily be stolen and duplicated because the concept is already there...

So base on all feedbacks and suggestions, I believe the best way to protect the interest of the designers is for the contest starter to escrow funds first to NamePros before contest thread is posted. NP admin may charge a little percent for this additional task.. Say if a logo is worth $50 then if NP fees is 5% so that means the winner will receive $47.5 (this doesnt include paypal fees if payment is thru paypal). Not bad right?

you may react : If this is the case, not many will be encouraged to post contests.. My response : Well it just means that the contest starter doesnt have the capability to pay to winner/s in the first place.

you may react : What if the buyer doesnt like any of the designs.
My response : 2 options :
First NP can make it a policy if no design is chosen portion of the escrowed funds shall be deducted and remaining funds returned to the buyer. NP may decide to divide among the participants or donate it to charity. But the buyer wont have any right to use the designs

Second: The buyer can still request for more designs or changes to the designs base on his feedbacks until someone will be able to come up with the design that satisfies him. I believe this is very possible because I have tried this.

About the idea that contest starter can post contest base only on his/her trader ratings as suggested by some, this is good but this will be unfair for some NPers who has the capability to pay but has less than 10 TR (if the requirement is atleast 10 NP).

this is just a suggestion because we dont want scammers to take advantage of us again and again. Because with our present situation we cannot avoid participants esp, newbies not to put watermark on their designs unless if NP checks the posts from time to time. but this is very tedious task.

Implementing Funds Escrow is I think the best way.

you may say this is only good for professionals.. But dont we know many young designers are already earning with this method sites like scriptlance and rentacoder. Atleast there is no way they can be scammed unless if they work with the buyer offsite.

I know this has been suggested over and over again..but..
With this process it will make NP a very safe place to do business not only about domain names but also other areas like graphic designing. I hope the admin can think more on this possibility..

I appreciate your comments and further thoughts.. :)

Pls vote here:

http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=115015

Last edited:
•••
jamx551 said:
you may react : If this is the case, not many will be encouraged to post contests.. My response : Well it just means that the contest starter doesnt have the capability to pay to winner/s in the first place.

i dont agree with this, maybe the contest starter doesnt want to go through such a hastle, i post contests and would not really want to go through a grueling process like this and its not because i cant pay trust me....i continue to think a NP members reputation should be the deciding factors :

- Trader Rating
- Quantity of posts
- Date joined

•••
Im sorry i may missed one word and that is 'maybe' .. I mean this doesnt apply to everyone.. only to some who just take advantage .. You and many many others who have good standing at NP have the exception.. But this suggestion will somehow prevent these few scammers from taking advantage...

Anyway if majority of us here at NP would want to the TR, # of POsts and data joined will be the basis then I will fully support it!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back