Dynadot

advice 24Word.com names (clearance)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
I have a significant batch of 24(short_word) names that I need to clear out. Part of an experiment mostly (sort of venturing in the unknown).

Sort of like 24flowers.com, 24mattress.com, 1repairs.com yadda yadda. (not these, but similar)

I believe many of thee can sell in time (just by waiting and some renewal) but right now I'm shifting my portfolio to higher value names only and want to shake the tree loose of these apples.

My question to you: How would you sell these and clear the stock faster?

Side note my sales were in the $100-$200 range for these. But not enough to clear. Wonder if they might be more suitable for GD auctions with a low starting price.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think you'd get many takers for them, even selling at reg fee. I'd try listing them here as a package deal, or maybe at $5 each.

I'm actually surprised you made end user (I assume) sales of some of them. Mind if I ask what your buy/sell ratio was for that portfolio?

•••
I don't think you'd get many takers for them, even selling at reg fee. I'd try listing them here as a package deal, or maybe at $5 each

Sorry, but this is not the right advice, giving the fact that they sell for $100 or $200. The ratio is a different issue, but I'm not worried about getting my money back on them. And I'm not going to sell at a loss by following this advice.

I guess you don't understand the value of these domains, which is common = most domainers won't, so don't worry about it. For example nobody would bet on keyword101.com, but if you scan for such domains you'll see that all are taken. There is value, but it's not long term value, as in >1k value. It's in the low xxx, but they are attractive to some.

There is one reason people buy domains like 1keyword, 24keyword and even 247keyword, keyword101, even keyword1 and keyword001 etc etc). They are short. Obviously, not everyone does, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I will continue selling them on my landers. The ones that don't sell, will either let them drop or renew if they had offers. In the end it will be positive revenue, projection looks good, I was just looking for a better option.

•••
I think the value will be greatly determined by the keywords associated with the numbers. I will jump all over a domains like 247fitness.com, 365health.com, business101.com, etc.

•••
I think the value will be greatly determined by the keywords associated with the numbers. I will jump all over a domains like 247fitness.com, 365health.com, business101.com, etc.

Correct. Mine aren't like that, but not bad in general = niches with a significant number of buyers still. Some are like that, but few.

Edit: Most are stuff like 24jewelry.com or 24moto.com and so on. Not these exactly, but in that line. It's not crypto, but neither bad niches. The word varies a lot though, up and down the value ladder.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, but this is not the right advice, giving the fact that they sell for $100 or $200. The ratio is a different issue, but I'm not worried about getting my money back on them. And I'm not going to sell at a loss by following this advice.

I guess you don't understand the value of these domains, which is common = most domainers won't, so don't worry about it. For example nobody would bet on keyword101.com, but if you scan for such domains you'll see that all are taken. There is value, but it's not long term value, as in >1k value. It's in the low xxx, but they are attractive to some.

There is one reason people buy domains like 1keyword, 24keyword and even 247keyword, keyword101, even keyword1 and keyword001 etc etc). They are short. Obviously, not everyone does, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I will continue selling them on my landers. The ones that don't sell, will either let them drop or renew if they had offers. In the end it will be positive revenue, projection looks good, I was just looking for a better option.
There's no wrong advice. Just advice you don't agree with. :)

My opinion is based on my understanding of the reseller market. I tend to agree with @BrandAptly.com that a select few keywords paired with 24 would be of interest to other domainers, but I don't think the rest would sell well (although perhaps you have access to a much larger and diverse pool of buyers and would have no problem recouping your reg fees and renewals).

Glad to hear the names are selling decently in the aftermarket, though. Do you find it's a profitable model to register large portfolios of names and sell them at only $100 or $200? At that rate you'd need to sell at least 1 in 20 per year to make your money back. It seems like it wouldn't be very lucrative.

•••
There's no wrong advice. Just advice you don't agree with. :)

Hehe, alright :xf.smile:

a select few keywords paired with 24 would be of interest to other domainers, but I don't think the rest would sell well (although perhaps you have access to a much larger and diverse pool of buyers and would have no problem recouping your reg fees and renewals).

Glad to hear the names are selling decently in the aftermarket, though. Do you find it's a profitable model to register large portfolios of names and sell them at only $100 or $200? At that rate you'd need to sell at least 1 in 20 per year to make your money back. It seems like it wouldn't be very lucrative.

1 in 20 means 5% rate. My sales rate is rather high (varies, sometimes 6%) but this is largely influenced by names I let go for xxx coming from edge test cases like these.

It is possible to work with such a model, but I would not recommend - too risque'. Besides, even if it works the margin would probably be insufficient. (BTW I focus on names priced 1.5k+ mostly.) To have that model work you will need to focus on names worth $250 - $300 and quick flips at that rate.

From the set I mentioned, I think it is worth though to hold a few - that might have their value grow in time. That was my initial idea; an experiment where I did not expect a loss, but also unsure of profit, and wanted to find out the potential. However if I understood potential correctly, some of the best names would be worth renewing as in time the value will grow and exceed the reg fees. It appears that's the case.

So my answer is no, although theoretically at least it might be possible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back