Domain Empire

domain 24 Hours to Go! CutenessFactor.com +site Aged Date Matchmaking Services / Advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
Summer Sale:. NO reserve. Click on a domain to view its Flippa auction (if a domain is 5+ years old, its age is in parentheses)

computer-services.com (20) | EasternFrance.com (18) | DiamondRingz.com | PromotionalGiveaway.com (14) | BlindDating.org +site (15) | Lot of 17 CVCVC.com's | Lot of 37 5-Letter CHIPs
PokerDash.com (9) | DailyBucket.com (9) | MyAmateurPics.com | CutenessFactor.com +site | jointless.com (11) | MEPOB.com | NOBEB.com | TEPAB.com
Does your website have that Cuteness Factor?

Only a select few industries are guaranteed to never wane. The love/dating niche is one of them, among the most Recession-proof niches online. TIME magazine once estimated that there were 1,000 marriage and dating sites in the U.S., and reported that the industry snagged sales of $649 million in 2006. That was a decade ago--as the Internet is far more commercially available (and thus used more frequently), these numbers are now in the 10-figure range

Take a peek at a few small startup dating sites. PlentyOfFish.com was started by a guy in his bedroom. That site now pulls in millions of dollars, despite its terrible domain (note: they eventually upgraded to POF.com once money started rolling in). OKCupid.com is another example of a startup dating site that took off, making its creators loads of cash despite a horrid domain. Many blogs exist too, covering every known aspect of dating.

These sites didn't thrive on the "strength" of their horrid domains. Luck with major news syndicates, resulting in a boatload of advertising, got them to where they are. To stand out from the hordes of small-scale dating websites, you'll need a domain with serious power... that or countless thousands of dollars to shell out on advertising. If you don't have/want to spend six figures positioning your website in front of the pack, then a solid domain is what you need.

It's possible that the dating sites mentioned above used bad domains simply because the owners (at the time of launch) couldn't afford a decent dating domain. Taking sales figures, courtesy of the domain sales reporting website NameBio, it seems this notion is highly likely. What is the price of a good dating domain? Lots. Numerous $1,000 sales litter the landscape, yet they are lower-quality entities. But the likes of SwingerDate.com secured $2,049 last summer while DateMyDaughter.com wrapped up a $2,400 sale three years earlier. Even AnalDate.com somehow sold for $2,869.

And then there are the pricier ones: gaydating.com $75,196 | videodating.com $50,000 | freedatingservice.com $20,000 | blinddating.com $14,000 | datingsecrets.com $25,000 | singlesdating.com $16,722 | millionairedating.com $15,000 | casualdating.com $30,000 | datingwomen.com $12,000 | dateidea.com $20,028 | findadate.com $31,000 | mydreamdate.com $11,770 | datefinder.com $19,000 | dater.com $15,000

Yeah, it's safe to say they couldn't afford it.

The domain CutenessFactor.com had been in private hands for a few years. But it's mid 2016, and I want to clean out my portfolio. So I'm offering CutenessFactor.com to the public. Unlike the vast majority of dating domains, CutenessFactor.com is a solid, fluent phrase, used commonly in English. plentyoffish.com could never say that.

With the domain, I'll give the winner of this auction a dating script (view it by visiting this site). No traffic should be assumed. The website scripts offer users free and/or paid dating profiles. It requires PHP (newest version would be best) and one MySQL database, plus the ability to use .htaccess/mod_rewrite. I can set up the script on the winner' server for free--just ask.

In a realistic sense, this domain belongs up there with those 5-figure sales. Yet here it is, listed for $1.The reserve? There is none. You could theoretically win this with a single, one-dollar bid. The winner of this auction will get the following:

The domain CutenessFactor.com (registered at GoDaddy, expires in mid/late 2016) The dating script found here

Hosting isn't included with this auction, although I can get you cheap/reliable hosting for cheap. Ask for details.

For an aged dating domain/site, check out my other auction, BlindDating.org

Bid here: https://flippa.com/6453313-cutenessfactor-com

Note: eCop, an escrow that allows Paypal, is available for all purchases. So if you want to bid but can only pay via Paypal, feel free to! Paypal itself is accepted for any sale at or under $50US (except to users with no previous Flippa purchases). Anything between $51-200 needs to be approved by me before I will accept Paypal for it. Paypal is not accepted for any auction ending at $201 or higher. For those, we will use Flippa escrow or eCop. Winners who wish to use Paypal need to request it. I'll then make the option available to you.

Summer Sale:. NO reserve. Click on a domain to view its Flippa auction (if a domain is 5+ years old, its age is in parentheses)

computer-services.com (20) | EasternFrance.com (18) | DiamondRingz.com | PromotionalGiveaway.com (14) | BlindDating.org +site (15) | Lot of 17 CVCVC.com's | Lot of 37 5-Letter CHIPs
PokerDash.com (9) | DailyBucket.com (9) | MyAmateurPics.com | CutenessFactor.com +site | jointless.com (11) | MEPOB.com | NOBEB.com | TEPAB.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
2+ days remain. Still dirt-cheap!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back