IT.COM

survey 2017 Domain Industry Leaders Survey

NameSilo
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
I recently wrote a number of articles on my thoughts on how to assess who is the "greatest domain industry leader." Rather than just thinking about who is the greatest I decided to put some thoughts into action and develop a very simple survey.

The real question that should be asked is who, in your opinion, is the greatest in the last 12 months and why you think so. To really simplify things I’ve boiled the survey down to ten questions that are in three distinct categories:
  1. How successful are they in each of the 4 primary domain business model(s) ?
  2. How much have they contributed to the community?
  3. How do they conduct themselves in one-on-one business?
The questions can be answered with a slider on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 represents “not at all” and 10 “very much”. The totals of the different questions are then summed together to create a rating. This means that we can easily see who people believe is deserving of this year’s honour.

I’ll be the first to say that it’s not perfect but I think that it’s a step in the right direction. I should also mention that in order to view the results you will need to login to whizzbangsblog. So, the only thing that is required is for you to spend a few minutes reflecting on who you think is the “greatest”.

Click here to view the survey.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a hall of fame?

Surprised there are not a lot of direct Sherpa links under those question marks!

Game of Domains! Who will gain the domain throne and URL over all Icanneros?

•••
•••
The 2017 Industry Leaders survey responses are continuing to come in and the top three contenders so far are Frank Schilling, Rick Schwartz and Jothan Frakes. If you haven't filled in the survey then make sure you share your opinion.

I've had a number of questions raised since I launched the first industry leaders survey a few days ago and I thought that it would be worthwhile answering the questions.

How long will it take to fill in the survey?
There are only 10 questions with a slider from zero to ten next to each so it should only take a few minutes.

What if I don't know how to answer some questions?
The questions look at how YOU feel about the person that you are nominating. This means there are no wrong answers. Also, if you don't know how to answer some questions then just move the slider to zero.

Since the survey is looking at your experience with the person then this would be a reasonable response if you have not had any personal business experience with the nominee but have viewed there community activity.

Read More >

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back