Dynadot

2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,
I've pretty much decided to go with namecheap for domain registration. The only thing I'm wondering is why they haven't signed on to ICANN's updated (2009) Registrar Accreditation Agreement (at least, not according to ICANN's website. Is this important? Any reason for concern? Again from the ICANN website, many, many accredited registrars have signed on to the new agreement, so I would have thought that a popular registrar like namecheap would have, too.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameCheap is not an accredited registrar.

edit: Just checked and it seems that I was wrong. But then I don't understand why they are using enom registrar to manage their domains..

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
You're right Jotu. I recently got confirmation from a NameCheap rep that they are an eNom reseller. They said that eNom signed the 2009 agreement, so they abide by it through them.

I find it interesting that NameCheap is an eNom reseller because NameCheap seems to have a good reputation, whereas eNom, from what I've read anyway, generally doesn't.

•••
NameCheap is not an accredited registrar.

edit: Just checked and it seems that I was wrong. But then I don't understand why they are using enom registrar to manage their domains..

Namecheap started as an Enom reseller. They since got accredited, and are working on their own backend registrar system. Until that's done, they're using Enom's backend and reselling enom domains.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
If they were really working on their backend registrar system, or it was any kind of priority, they would have finished it a long time ago, long before their new look was unveiled. Don't hold your breath.

•••
If they were really working on their backend registrar system, or it was any kind of priority, they would have finished it a long time ago, long before their new look was unveiled. Don't hold your breath.

I agree that it's taken a long time, I'm just posting what they've stated before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back