IT.COM

advice 2 word merge domain advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

InnovativeDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I would like to start creating a portfolio of new .com domains containing two words (since one-word ones are really rare).

Sometimes, however, it happens that the beginning of the first word coincides with the end of the second word. I cite examples of 2 words that have an overlap, of which I am NOT the owner:

1) ideal - list could be ideallist or idealist
2) domain - name could be domainame or domainname
3) photo - toronto (overlapping of 2 letters) could be photoronto or phototoronto.

In your opinion, what would be the best type of domain to buy?

Thank you in advance for your opinions. Thanks to this community I am learning a lot!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DomainName.com is way better than Domainame.com, however the latter might have some value as a brandable… I registered and sold Digitaloan, which has much much less value than DigitalLoan would have, but there was still some value. Part of the problem with this type combined names is they don’t pass the “radio test” when you say them. If I tell someone to go to Digitaloan-dot-com, they will likely go to DigitalLoan-dot-com. The actual two word is always better.

All that said “idealist” is a one-word already so that would be a very nice premium name.

•••
Hi

if, the second word, is not a real word....
then it's not really a two-word name, is it?

imo...

•••
@DigiNames I totally agree.
Two real words are always better, even with double letters. However, you should always take the words themselves into consideration, they should be pretty popular. Make sure that there are no easy alternatives on the market, before you buy anything ''doubled''.

•••
Teach me how to douggie is a referal to a song maybe by crossing those key words they might help you avoid Phantom Domains and or as i like to call them Bird Style Typos

The Best Domain Name Is the one you like The Most

•••
Domain Rhymes, ; ) Good initiative. But, stick to COMs. Marketing is hard, but give a try. All the best.

•••
DomainName.com is way better than Domainame.com, however the latter might have some value as a brandable… I registered and sold Digitaloan, which has much much less value than DigitalLoan would have, but there was still some value. Part of the problem with this type combined names is they don’t pass the “radio test” when you say them. If I tell someone to go to Digitaloan-dot-com, they will likely go to DigitalLoan-dot-com. The actual two word is always better.

All that said “idealist” is a one-word already so that would be a very nice premium name.
Does anyone really advertise websites on the radio anymore? Compared to internet native ads it sounds a bit inefficient. I’d rather advertise to people that can directly click on the ad, not “maybe” type it in somewhere later

•••
Does anyone really advertise websites on the radio anymore? Compared to internet native ads it sounds a bit inefficient. I’d rather advertise to people that can directly click on the ad, not “maybe” type it in somewhere later

It is called the radio test, but it just means whether people will know how to spell it when you say it out loud. If you are using the domain for a business and you tell people your website or email address in person or on the phone and they don’t know how to spell it, it can cause a lot of problems or hassles.

•••
Buy a few domains to test the waters... If that doesn't work, liquidate, and go on............,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back