Domain Empire

2 Hand Registered Domain Names Sold for $68,027 each, two days after registered?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
In Indonesia, two presidential and vice presidential candidates have just been appointed, last week. Domainers take advantage of this political situation by creating a domain name derived from the name of one of candidate pair, Prabowo Subianto-Sandiaga Uno. The two domain names are: PrabowoSandi.com and PrabowoSandi.id

Both domain names were hand registered on August 09, 2018 or the day before the candidates' declarations, Friday (August 10, 2018). The next day, Saturday, both of them immediately became viral on social media and mass media in Indonesia because each of them was sold for Rp 1,000,000,000 or around $ 68,027.

Even the largest online media in Indonesia reported that the two domains were immediately purchased after the declaration of Prabowo-Sandi. (See: https://inet.detik.com/cyberlife/d-...ar-situs-prabowo-sandi-disikat-usai-deklarasi)

However, to this day, sales ads for both domains can still be opened via prabowosandi.com. That means it's not sold yet! But the seller, on the site, claimed to have received many offers.

Whether they have been sold or not, one note from the story is domainers in Indonesia are now increasingly eager to make domain names related to the political situation.

Hopefully the story can also inspire us, members of Namepros.com, the largest domainer community in the world.

What do you think about this story?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really interesting. Indonesia is a huge country - 260 mil. population, and an emerging market with $$$ flowing around, so politics there is big business.

Very smart guy/gal who reg'd that.

Intriguing that they reg'd the day before the declaration. Insider info is so valuable hey.

Last edited:
•••
Really interesting. Indonesia is a huge country - 260 mil. population, and an emerging market with $$$ flowing around, so politics there is big business.

Very smart guy/gal who reg'd that.

Intriguing that they reg'd the day before the declaration. Insider info is so valuable hey.
Thanks

•••
Are you Indonesian btw? I bought CintaMakan.com ("Love Food"), but am now unsure if it sounds good in Indonesian. SukaMakan may be the better expression (.com is taken)

Last edited:
•••
Are you Indonesian btw? I bought CintaMakan.com ("Love Food"), but am now unsure if it sounds good in Indonesian. SukaMakan may be the better expression (.com is taken)
I think it means so good and positive in Indonesian language. Good for Restaurant or food shop online delivery. But it consist of two words, while in Indonesia, domain industry is not developed so well as other country. To my experience, we prefer one word Indonesian language.
Dont be upset, however. Just always try to sale the domain to Indonesian. Someday, if you ve got serious end user, hope it will be sold in good price.

Kind Regard
NameQiu

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back