IT.COM

2 Free Domains, 20GB,750GBbw - U.S.$10/Year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
http://www.netfirms.com/max

Get your website online today! Netfirms provides the tools you need to make building and hosting your business website quick and easy.

* Special offer for Maximum PC readers -
$10 for one full year of Netfirms Advantage Hosting!
* 2 FREE domain names
* 20GB of disk space
* 750GB data transfer per month
* Host up to 3 websites with a single account!
* Support for PHP, Perl, and MySQL
* 24-hour technical support

Easy Setup and Management

* Simple one-click installation of e-commerce and blogs
* Share your photos online with Netfirms Picture Pro
* Easy to use web-based account management with Control Panel XL6
* Website visitor statistics, raw log files, access management

E-mail and Security

* 100 e-mail addresses that match your domain
* Spam and virus filtering
* Web-based e-mail (WebMail) and POP3 e-mail (Outlook)

Technical Features and Reliability

* Your website hosted on an enterprise class clustered platform
* Multiple data centers ensure that your website is always available
* Same trusted infrastructure that keeps millions of websites up and running
* Click for the full feature list...

Overview
Disk Space: 20GB
Monthly Data Transfer: 750GB
Multiple Websites (3)

FREE Features:
2 Domain Names (New Registration)
Starter CD NetObjects Fusion 8
Netfirms Picture Pro
Google Adwords ($25 Value)

E-mail:
100 E-mail Accounts (500MB Each)
Full SMTP / POP3 E-mail
WebMail Access
Catch-all / E-mail Forwarding
Virus Scanning
Spam Filtering
MX Modification

Domains:
2 FREE Domain Names
Multiple Domains (25)
Domain Forwarding
Sub-Domain Names
Full DNS Management
A-Record Modification
Forward to Filenames
Free Registrar Transfers
International Domain Names Supported

Databases:
MySQL 4.1 (30)
phpMyAdmin
Daily Database Backups

Programming:
PHP 4/5
Ruby on Rails
Python
SSH (Shell Access)
Perl (CGI-BIN)
Server Side Includes
MS FrontPage Exts.
Custom Error Pages Security:
SSL Encryption
Pass Protect Directories
.htaccess

Instant Applications:
WordPress
Blogging Compatible
Picture Pro Gallery
phpBB Forums
Free Hit Counters
Formmail

Control Panel XL6
Account Statistics
File Manager
Domain Manager
Graphical Web Stats
Account Billing History
Renew / Upgrade Accounts
Modify Billing Profiles
Access Log Files
Multiple FTP Accounts (10)
24 / 7 FTP Access

E-Commerce:
Built-in Professional Shopping Cart
Accept PayPal Payments
Secure Transactions

Customer Support:
24/7 Telephone and E-Mail Support
Knowledgebase
Video Tutorials

Infrastructure:
Load-balanced Clustered Hosting
Triple Redundant firewall
24/7 Network Monitoring
Multi-homed OC3 and Gigabit fiber connections
UPS Power Back-up
Streaming Media

Netfirms hosts more than 1 million websites, e-commerce stores and blogs, and serves more than a billion page views a month. You can rely on Netfirms to handle your most advanced hosting needs.

im not an affiliate, I just used them before way back 1999 seems stable to me.

Note: (at bottom)
Special offer expires February 28, 2007. Offer includes the full Advantage hosting plan with all of its standard features, including free .com domain names. Offer valid for new account activations only. Offer subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer excludes .ca domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am using this and to tell you the truth it aint half bad for 10 bucks :) but dont expect miracles ...your site would not get indexed by google as it is not able to read the site so does many other search enignes..otherwise good place to dump you 1 page domains :)

•••
Netfirms hosts more than 1 million websites, e-commerce stores and blogs, and serves more than a billion page views a month. You can rely on Netfirms to handle your most advanced hosting needs.

Is this true? Also, this doesn't seem to have cpanel. Third, isn't this almost like free hosting? I can't believe how they can offer you this. 2 free domains! Those cost more than the hosting.

•••
Why doesn't Google index your site if it is on netfirms?

•••
You get what you pay for with something like this. I don't think it's unfair to probably characterize this as free hosting on steroids.

•••
750GB data transfer per month ???????? wow man and for a whole year woooooooo

•••
do they use banned ip addresses?

lazyleo said:
i am using this and to tell you the truth it aint half bad for 10 bucks :) but dont expect miracles ...your site would not get indexed by google as it is not able to read the site so does many other search enignes..otherwise good place to dump you 1 page domains :)

•••
weblord said:
do they use banned ip addresses?
nope too many sites on the same ip they are overselling real bad! and yeah you got to renew the package at the normal price :)

•••
Oh, overselling is really a bad thing causing many issues in future.

•••
loran76 said:
Oh, overselling is really a bad thing causing many issues in future.

Why is overselling a bad thing? My hosting is going to expire end of this month and I was just thinking to register at netfirms.

If hosting a website there will cause issues, surely the price of the 2 domains is worth the $10 package price? Can I register for the package, get the 2 domains and transfer the domain to other webhost? Does netfirm charge any fees for doing this?

•••
Overselling is not a bad thing when done properly. However, extreme overselling can result in serious problems for clients that leads to slow loading and downtime. Think about it this way: you can only run so many programs on your computer at a given moment just as a web server can only handle so much of a load. When you overload a web server, performance suffers. Consider that the largest hard drives on a single server are around 500 GB and without overselling that's 25 accounts or $250. Hardly enough to even cover the cost of the server, let alone the support and resources needed to run it. To even begin to be profitable you're going to need 100s of clients on there because nonprofit hosting doesn't work. I realize this is a special, but consider that there are probably over 100 people on that server all thinking they have 20 GB. Granted, all users obviously won't use this, but what happens when a couple people do? What happens when they max out resources?

That's the problem with overselling when it goes wrong.

•••
Hey guys
I checked the site.
Thats a beauty. I think I should buy it

Hey guys but they accept payment only by credit card :)

•••
But you will a higher price once the 10$ one year is up.

•••
it is not that bad if you don't use it for a serious project. I do have account with them from last years promo. The servers are usually slow and sometimes it takes double the time to load a page than it would take somewhere else. I feel it even so that i am on a cable connection.
Let me know if you want to see the screenshots for the control pannel.

•••
This probably isn't good for any site that you want to keep for a longer period of time. They don't let you transfer or even change the DNS names for the domains, so the domain names are pretty much worthless. I used it a while ago, and php performance was really poor often leaving my blog down. It's definitely not worth any more than $10

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back