Dynadot

1and1.com Domain transfers — Faster and easier

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got this email from 1and1.com:

"Now there is no need for hardcopy fax or postal correspondence for domain transfer requests or acknowledgements — you simply manage domain transfer requests via e-mail. 1&1 has adopted the new streamlined ICANN domain transfer procedure for .com, .net, .org, .info, .name and .us registrations, designed to make transfers of domain names between registrars faster, easier and a lot less confusing.

Customers who own a 1&1 domain have the option to lock or unlock their domain for transfer via their 1&1 Control Panel — you receive correspondence via e-mail if any enquiries or actions are made. Domain transfer e-mails will contain a special link to a website where either the domain owner or administrator must approve the transfer. Without an acknowledgement, no transfer can be initiated."

That eliminates one major stumbling block to using 1and1...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what are the transfer costs for an .info and is it covered by the seller or the buyer?

--Tone

•••
sunken said:
They are greedy. I had to argue with them when I cancelled my hosting on there about giving me the money back guarantee they promised. They finally did give it back after I complained to someone in charge.

I am surprised you managed to get through to a supervisor, when I had problems they blindly refused to put me through saying supervisors never talk to the public.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back