IT.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joakim

Top Member
Impact
I've won quite a few auctions at GoDaddy, and are aware of the amount of time it takes before the domain shows in buyers account.

But on February 18th I bought my first BIN priced domain through the GoDaddy marketplace. Now, I waited a few days before I eventually contacted support by phone, and they told me it could take up to 10 days. I eventually noticed that yesterday, the funds had been verified, and I chose to contact the seller.

The seller told me he had pushed the domain to GoDaddys holding account, and that I should have the domain in my account shortly. However, it's been 24 hours and I still see the option "email the seller" when looking in my auctions account.

I contacted support again, and now they are telling me it takes 15-20 days. I mean, seriously? To push a domain from one GoDaddy account to another? When paying quite some money up front for a name, and you are basically just being left without a good reasonable explanation, it is truly not reassuring at all.

In comparison, I bought a domain (BIN) trough Epik and I think I had the domain in my account within hours.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Am I the only one who thinks it's an incredibly slow process?

•••
I think the process takes longer if the domain is not registered with GD or part of the afternic fast transfer service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back