IT.COM

1 MONTH LOCKED OUT OF MY NETSOL ACCOUNT, NO SOLUTION IN SIGHT

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Greenthumb

Established Member
Impact
Got a prompt to change my passport on Network Solutions 4 weeks ago. I attempted to change it as directed, and there was no luck. I thought it was just a glitch in their system and it will be sorted in no time. But that was no to happen, so I contacted their support to lay a formal complaint about the issue.

TILL DATE I'm not able to change my password, hence can't access my domains. All passport change links I've been sent have failed to work. Network Solutions have blamed it on a program on my machines blocking the access to their website, they've also blamed my wifi connection.

Just to agree fix the issue as they posited, I've have tried to change my password with the link from a friend's computer, I kept receiving the same error message. I've also subscribed to a different mobile internet service just to see if I would be able to successfully change my password, that again was without luck.

This is really frustrating as it seems Network Solutions are absolutely clueless as to how to resolve this problem. I'm not able to request for auth codes for domains I intend to transfer! I need help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just for a test I just logged into my account that I created about 10 years ago. I requested my User ID, they emailed it to me. I put my password it and it told me that I had to reset my password. I chose 'Email me a link' option.

Then I generated a random password and put that in. Then it accepted it and I was logged in. I can see that I'm logged in and have no domains as expected.

Can anyone share a screenshot of the error? It might help some people to know that they're facing the same issue...?

•••
Just for a test I just logged into my account that I created about 10 years ago. I requested my User ID, they emailed it to me. I put my password it and it told me that I had to reset my password. I chose 'Email me a link' option.

Then I generated a random password and put that in. Then it accepted it and I was logged in. I can see that I'm logged in and have no domains as expected.

Can anyone share a screenshot of the error? It might help some people to know that they're facing the same issue...?
you was successfully logged because no domains on your account :) If you have had the value domains your account probably would be locked.

•••
Please how can one upload a screenshot here ?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Please how can one upload a screenshot here ?
Remove the screen from your laptop and post it to Eric Lyon ...

Kidding... don't do that.

1st way...
Windows key and PrtScr (Print Screen) and then it lands in c:\Pictures\Screenshots

You can press the upload button on the post here and then search for your screenshot.

2nd way...
Press the windows key (assuming you have windows), then press the letter 's' and you get a list of programs beginning with s... One should be Screen Clipping Tool, the open that, press New and mark the area of the screen you want to copy, save it somewhere and then upload it here.

•••

1st way...
Windows key and PrtScr (Print Screen) and then it lands in c:\Pictures\Screenshots

You can press the upload button on the post here and then search for your screenshot.

2nd way...
Press the windows key (assuming you have windows), then press the letter 's' and you get a list of programs beginning with s... One should be Screen Clipping Tool, the open that, press New and mark the area of the screen you want to copy, save it somewhere and then upload it here.
Lol, I meant how to attach it to my post

Last edited:
•••

1st way...

2nd way...

I'm not sure relative new accounts on Namepros can post pics. I tried attaching some screenshots, but was told I need an account upgrade first

•••
Screenshot_20191205-220547.png

just.sucks

•••

It

Same error I've been getting. Really frustrating

•••
and.. the legend of Network Solution grows lol

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Does your browser/extensions/other block cookies and/or JavaScript?

Make sure these are enabled, aren't blocked, and clear usage data for netsol and their subdomains.

To be sure, Ctrl +F5 to reset cache before entering your information — if still receiving an error, Ctrl+F5 on the page that loads before the error and try again.

•••
I'm not sure relative new accounts on Namepros can post pics. I tried attaching some screenshots, but was told I need an account upgrade first
Yeah you need about 20 or 50 posts. Can't remember which.

•••
It is crazy that no access for a week after multiple attempts. If you do get stuff at the email they have for your account I would as someone suggested earlier inform them that you want the auth codes of all your domains and look for another registrar.
Bob

•••
Well, I was able to update my password without much hassle. Could it be because I have just a few domain names there? I wonder!

•••
It is crazy that no access for a week after multiple attempts. If you do get stuff at the email they have for your account I would as someone suggested earlier inform them that you want the auth codes of all your domains and look for another registrar.
Bob

I have sent an email to them with the request, awaiting their response. Thanks Bob

•••
I have sent an email to them with the request, awaiting their response. Thanks Bob

This is what you may need to quote to them so they understand they must unlock the domain, send authcodes, and permit transfer to proceed - see point 3.93, which basically means if they aren't letting you into your account they are blocking transfer and will have to transfer it. Not hypothetical, I have seen this work, not sure if anyone has done it at Netfools before.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

3.9 Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied include, but are not limited to:

3.9.1 Nonpayment for a pending or future registration period.

3.9.2 No response from the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact.

3.9.3 Domain name in Registrar Lock Status, unless the Registered Name Holder is provided with the reasonable opportunity and ability to unlock the domain name prior to the Transfer Request.

3.9.4 Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during the first 60 days of initial registration, during the first 60 days after a registrar transfer, or during the 60-day lock following a Change of Registrant pursuant to Section II.C.2.

3.9.5 General payment defaults between Registrar and business partners / affiliates in cases where the Registered Name Holder for the domain in question has paid for the registration.

Last edited:
•••
This is what you may need to quote to them so they understand they must unlock the domain, send authcodes, and permit transfer to proceed - see point 3.93, which basically means if they aren't letting you into your account they are blocking transfer and will have to transfer it. Not hypothetical, I have seen this work, not sure if anyone has done it at Netfools before.

Thank you so much for this

•••
UPDATE: I requested for the domain to be unlocked and auth code sent to my email. That has been done, and it's been forwarded to the marketplace for a transfer to be initiated. I'll provide more updates as I get them, especially with regards to access to my account.

Special thanks to Bob and Carob, and everyone who contributed to this thread

•••
UPDATE: So guys I've finally been able to reset my password on NetSol after a month and half of persistent disturbance of their customer service agents and technical crew. I'm sure I'm a household name now

They sent a link this afternoon that actually worked. Thought to update the house

Thanks again to everyone who lent a voice to my troubles

•••
i got into my account as well, but i can,t update the contact email on the whois. tried several times it still showing an old email.

•••
UPDATE: So guys I've finally been able to reset my password on NetSol after a month and half of persistent disturbance of their customer service agents and technical crew. I'm sure I'm a household name now

Congratulations mine haven't work though. How did you go about yours ?

They sent a link this afternoon that actually worked. Thought to update the house

Thanks again to everyone who lent a voice to my troubles

•••
•••
I've been chatting with them and even went on Twitter, they gave me an email address to forward my complains to but I've not heard from then since over 6hours now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back