IT.COM

1 Letter .net - Start saving!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Woah! Id love to put a bid in for that!! Although I dont think that my dad would let me bid that much :lol:

$110,001 ... I wunder what the reserve is!

I didnt even know that there were any other 1 character domains in the top level domain extensions other than q.com x.com and z.com!

Last edited:
•••
Apparently PayPal owns x.com :P Never knew that.

What I want to know is, if people in the beginning knew you could register one letter domains, why didnt they all rush to get them? Idiots..

•••
•••
I'd put a bid if I had $100,000+ :o

One of the person I know use to own 4 of those kind of domains. I think it expired and he didn't want them anymore

•••
leviathon said:
I'd put a bid if I had $100,000+ :o

One of the person I know use to own 4 of those kind of domains. I think it expired and he didn't want them anymore

"Idiot"
He just let a 1 char domain name expire O_O?

•••
Disgusting. That's the only word I can think of to describe that. Disgusting.

•••
Weird....
Who would let a one character domain name expire?

•••
That's like saying no to a briefcase full of cash ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s woth with absoutley no strings attached

•••
Let's be honest tho, domain names weren't so precious then as they are now

Who could predict their worth in a couple of years?

It's like trying to predict how well .EU names will do before they have even been released for registration

- Luke

•••
Not to mention, they were $80 or so dollars per year to register!!
I owned a few "top domains" that i couldn't afford to renew....

•••
Cool, which ones did you used to own? :)

•••
Wow, that's amazing. I never thought I'd see them for sale :P

•••
•••
wow, that's interesting.

•••
heh, the only one i ever heard of before this was www.x.com which is owned by nissan

•••
BurninDragon08 said:
Weird....
Who would let a one character domain name expire?

i know! people are clamoring for bits of 2-letter ones as it is :( yahoo recently filed a patent or something for y.com :/ i didn't even know you can register ne-letter domains!

•••
commes said:
heh, the only one i ever heard of before this was www.x.com which is owned by nissan
z.com is nissan

•••
Once the 1 letter domains expire, they are "decommissioned" and removed from service. That is why there are only a few left. Several years ago (1998-99), there were about 14 or so that were still working.

•••
x.com is paypal... it was the original name for the service, before the much more friendly paypal name was used.

even about 7 years ago when i started buying domains regularly, a 1 character domain in a .com, .net, or .org was worth keeping. sure, it was $100 to reg back then, but it was worth it to keep the 1 digit names. i could never find one available (and there were no drop services back then that i knew of)...

i bought my first few names in 1996. i probably had 3 dozen names by early 1998. the trick was, you registered a name, wait for them to send you a bill (netsol didnt require payment up front at the time)... then don't pay it and wait for it to drop. but during that time, the name was yours -- and you basically held onto it for 3-4 months for free. during that time, you tried to find a buyer. i had so many great names, but ended up keeping probably 5. of those, i have 2 or 3 left.

Last edited:
•••
Hindsight = 20/20 .

Cynic in me wonders who the hell would sell a 1 letter anyway, prob = fake.

-Allan :gl:

•••
geez

i bought "~.com" for 1 billion dollars. mmm...no...

seriously though there are several "one letter" dot coms out there right now, but most are international charachters that you have to press like four keys at once to make is work on your keyboard...they sell them as "i.com" but its really i with the german vowel point on top...not worthless imho, but close...

ie: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nice-one-letter...814233863QQcategoryZ11153QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

big

•••
Love x.com
Maybe q.net $xxxxxx

•••
Wow, 100,00 is way to much just for a domain name...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back