IT.COM

1 Ip?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Why many VPS packages come with only one dedicated IP?

So, for setting up private nameservers, the only one IP is for NS1.anydomain.com, but IP for NS2.anydomain.com? have to buy one additional IP for about $1? This often makes DNS setup delayed. What's the deal?

:imho:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they are setup on some "low level" servers, which come typical with few IP addreses.

Offers from well established VPS companies (with their own datacenter) usually come with 2-4 IP addresses. They also use powerful hardware and have plenty of IP classes allocated.

•••
Had the same problem with my host,

Have a reseller account and got 8 ip's , got the largest account i could (not a dedicated server) with 50 sites now on the same ip :) As it only came with 1.

thought that was strange.

The accounts are the same specs hehe.

•••
Well, one IP with a VPS/dedicated would be strange. I can understand rolling out a new client with two, but less than that is just an annoying hitch. Perhaps they provide their own DNS solution or something, though? That would be my only suggestion as to why they'd only give you one IP.

•••
1 IP is rather strange. They must provide a DNS solution.

•••
2 ip addresses is well justified in vps setup, obviously will go to 2 dns
some offer 6 or 8

•••
They are either low level or the hosts are attempting to cut back on IP usage. IPv4 space is very minimal now, so all conservation goes a long way.

•••
Thats strange.
Even the reseller accounts are coming with two dedicated IP's these days. Any way it will depends upon the policy of the host. They had no mention about it on their packages?
Again, it can be a budget host with budget packages and they will be trying to cut the cost. Is it?

•••
I checked a few companies, VPSland.com offers from IP in their VPS plans, ServerPoint.com - 2-4, A2hosting.com - from 1-8,
I think the number of IPs offered in the plan influences the price you pay, so just go for the plan with thу number of IPs you need.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back