Domain Empire

1 & 1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I & 1 is the registrar for many new extensions. Opinions on how they are to do business with. I have a very small portfolio on GD but they have great prices.
Does anyone know if there 99 cents .com in only for ONE domain or can you buy more?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do NOT register anything at 1&1. You have been warned!!!!!!!!

•••
They are one of the worst registrars. You will have many problems with them. Every domain has to be manually altered through a slow control panel.

•••
OMG...Glad I asked,

Thanks, Serry

•••
The discounts you get are not savings at 1&1. The headaches you'll have from dealing with them before, during and after ownership of any domain are tremendous. I'd rather pay full price (yeah, really) and not have to buy anything from 1&1. EVER.

•••
I regged with them a handful domains throughout the year. Paid $0.99 then 60 days later moved to different provider. No headaches. 'nuff said!

•••
Only one domain per account.

Register your domain and transfer it to NameSilo or other registrar after 60 days. 1and1 is not a place to stay longer.

•••
You can get more domains per account, they may ask you for ID verification but that's not a problem if you have nothing to hide and don't abuse. Play fair and you won't have problems.

•••
•••
Well that's the price you pay for cheap :)

•••
I only have 4 domains at 1and1. I am letting 3 of them drop and transferring the 4th one to another registrar. Good riddance to 1and1.

•••
Worst company I have ever dealt with. First dealt with them 10+ years ago and when I transferred out a domain from them it took about 6+ months for the process to complete. Eventually I thought everything was done. About 5 years later I got a call from collections harassing me that I owe 1and1 money. I owed 1and1 $1 and collections added a $9 fee so I had to pay $10. Bunch of a holes. Collections was swearing at me like I owned a million dollars.

This year, after swearing I would never use 1and1 I went in for the free .com registration. I registered a .com and after 2 weeks it still wasn't registered. I started reading up on them and people say they get tons of spam from 1and1 after registering. I was furious (due to my past experience and 2 weeks of not registering my account) and I message 1and1 to delete my account and never share my information with affiliates etc.
So far so good, but I wouldn't put it past 1and1 as they are shifty as hell. Not sure how they still exist as there is millions of horror stories from people since they were founded.

•••
They are really, really bad. Just google any webmaster forum, not only domainer forums but SEO etc.

•••
STAY AWAY !

Regards

Ralph.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back