IT.COM

1 & 1 hosting? Is it ok?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've heard varying opinions on their hosting and the company in general. Everything from stay away to pretty good, decent prices. They have been around for a few years now and have (at least on the surface) sharpened up their image and control panel.

Has anyone had any current experience with 1&1 (Primarily their hosting and customer service as it pertains to hosting?)

Thanks in advance,
N Fran

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everything I've heard about them is great.

I'am just waiting for my old hosting to run out and then im gonna switch to them.

•••
•••
I remember once I saw all the pricings 0.0 so I took a screenshot and ordered hosting just to see how it goes. The order was never processed but I was charged weeks later.

•••
•••
1and1 is horrible, after my hosting expires in july I'm finding a new host.

•••
I'd stay away from all huge hosts like 1&1. Your best bet is with a small-medium sized host, but none of those fly-by-night hosts or huge oversellers. The folks at WHT (webhostingtalk.com) can help you with your choice, so narrow your search down to a few hosts, search about them over there, or post a thread asking about them.

•••
Art there any reviews like this about other companies, (Godaddy, Ipowerweb, etc.)?

•••
I think it good for site need space and BW huge

•••
Yeah, I currently own a dedicated server there. It's FAST, CHEAP & STABLE.

This is my current uptime with 1AND1.
5:57PM up 253 days, 8:44, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.09, 0.07

It's sick. I know i didint update the kernel for about a year but my customers need the uptime :) its well worth it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back