Domain Empire

Advertising Unpaid

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, I have a bit of a different question I guess.

A couple months ago I setup an advertising package for a client for $1500 or so for a year of advertising. Most of my advertisers pay upfront for the entire year, but he asked to pay month to month so I figured it would be a nice monthly fixed income. However, I made him sign a contract saying advertising would be kept for a year. That way the 4-5 hours I spent inserting advertising on pages/sites wouldn't go to waste after a month or two when I didn't hear from him.

Well as I expected, eventually the advertising money stopped coming in. The contract stated if contract was terminated by their company, they would be responsible for the remainder of the amount within 2 weeks. That time has come and gone, and now I have to take further action. Also please note..throughout this time I have recieved numerous emails stating money was on its way for 2 months now..only to get some excuse, like it takes months to Neteller a payment..

My simple question is what should I do now? Is there a place online to file a complaint and start a suit? Since we are in different states I am a bit confused, do I just file it as a normal lawsuit at my courthouse or where they are filed? I have no doubts it would be an easily won case..I just need to know where to file from people who have had to do it before, or those knowledgable of the situation.

I appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks a lot!! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
combs84 said:
Hello, I have a bit of a different question I guess.

A couple months ago I setup an advertising package for a client for $1500 or so for a year of advertising. Most of my advertisers pay upfront for the entire year, but he asked to pay month to month so I figured it would be a nice monthly fixed income. However, I made him sign a contract saying advertising would be kept for a year. That way the 4-5 hours I spent inserting advertising on pages/sites wouldn't go to waste after a month or two when I didn't hear from him.

Well as I expected, eventually the advertising money stopped coming in. The contract stated if contract was terminated by their company, they would be responsible for the remainder of the amount within 2 weeks. That time has come and gone, and now I have to take further action. Also please note..throughout this time I have recieved numerous emails stating money was on its way for 2 months now..only to get some excuse, like it takes months to Neteller a payment..

My simple question is what should I do now? Is there a place online to file a complaint and start a suit? Since we are in different states I am a bit confused, do I just file it as a normal lawsuit at my courthouse or where they are filed? I have no doubts it would be an easily won case..I just need to know where to file from people who have had to do it before, or those knowledgable of the situation.

I appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks a lot!! :)
Obviously this isn't something you should be discussing here. You should be discussing this with a lawyer.

Whats the point of the contract if your not going to enforce it?

P.S. By discussing it here you could ruin any chance at winning a law suit. Therefore I suggest you follow your common sense and discuss this with a lawyer and request this thread to be locked.

•••
Could you insult me anymore please?

I am not ruining any chance of getting a law suit won in my favor, by asking a simple question here. Could YOU have any less common sense? I simply asked if something like this has happened to anybody and how they went about getting what they were owed. I mentioned no company name, no person, NOTHING. Thank you for all your wonderful help though.

Not enforcing my contract? WTF are you talking about? It has been a week since the 2 week grace period has ended. I don't think that qualifies in not enforcing a contract, I obviously have plans on enforcing it as I am posting here.

This is a Legal Issue forum, so I don't see why this doesn't belong here. I am sorry I didn't post another useless thread asking if my obviously use of a trademark name in domain name was going to get shut down.

Please save your posts form my threads in the future, they are obviously useless.

•••
You are NOT ruining any position of a legal contract by posting here. That's just silly.

You really need to ask is the suit worth it for $1000 or so..most likely a lawyer will want more than that. You should instead ask if they will settle with you for a few hundred to cancel the contract. In the future you should write that as a clause not "pay in full" because that's just simply not fair. You should have a cancellation fee so to speak.

Good luck on collecting money though...it's tough to get someone who isn't willing to pay to simply pay.

•••
combs84 said:
Could you insult me anymore please?

I am not ruining any chance of getting a law suit won in my favor, by asking a simple question here. Could YOU have any less common sense? I simply asked if something like this has happened to anybody and how they went about getting what they were owed. I mentioned no company name, no person, NOTHING. Thank you for all your wonderful help though.

Not enforcing my contract? WTF are you talking about? It has been a week since the 2 week grace period has ended. I don't think that qualifies in not enforcing a contract, I obviously have plans on enforcing it as I am posting here.

This is a Legal Issue forum, so I don't see why this doesn't belong here. I am sorry I didn't post another useless thread asking if my obviously use of a trademark name in domain name was going to get shut down.

Please save your posts form my threads in the future, they are obviously useless.
Thanks for your comments. May I suggest you contact a lawyer. If you plan on doing something about the company that broke the contract, he will tell you exactly what I did.

Contracts are cut and dry (assuming you made the contract properly). No one here has the power to tell the company to pay you, only a judge can. The best way to get to a judge is via a lawyer. Of course the other company probably won't want this to go to court.

So I guess at the end of the day the real question here is, what do you want to happen?

P.S. If ya don't believe what I said about posting here lowering your chances of winning a law suit. Ask a real lawyer. Notice how only lawyers talk to the media outside the court room?

Who do you think is more likely to win. Someone whom contacted a lawyer right away, or someone whom discussed it with strangers publically and then with a lawyer? You got an obvious case here.

I could give ya all the advice in the world, but if none of it works, and it goes to court then it'd all be a waste.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back