Dynadot

.tv It's been 8 years Happy Anniversary to the place that gave an extension a voice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Well we have reached the 8 year anniversary of the .tv subforum, things have quieted down as more and more people have good names and that made the domainer to domainer market go quiet.

There are still some nice sales each week but not as many as those invested in the extension would like.

Momentum that carried through the LandRush/GoldRush times in 2010 has slowed down with talks of New Gtlds and all the potential confusion coming to the Namespace.

One thing that holds true is Shop means Shop in English not in Chinese, Portuguese or French as just one example.

TV is universal around the world, so who knows how the hype around new gtlds can be used to possibly, note I said possibly reignite interest from a domain speculation standpoint.

I have actually been looking back at the past, I have had people say thanks I never made anything in domains until I came here, or I am still down in .com thankfully I found this forum and I made some money.

I have gone back through 2000 pms that included threats, talking people out of traveling cross country to punch someone in the mouth, deals that weren't deals to the pm that told me about the biggest sale in the history of the extension.

From calls at midnight from people I didn't know but felt like they knew me because of here, I say thank you, long before people were blogging,actually it predates 99% of all blogs,this place was pumping out info and gave a whole bunch of people a chance to make money they never would have made.

So as always thanks Argos, JohnTV, Amcy.org, AuntyStatic, Lance and Ian, I would never had started this crazy journey if it was not for you guys and the thread that became a forum.

Thanks to RJ and Eric and thanks to everyone who participated over 8 years of craziness.

I am working on the short story The History of The .TV SubForum, coming up with fictitious names is proving lengthy.

I think this year Ammar has been the .TV domainer of the year congrats on the sales and keep it going.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ray,
Thanks for the contributions and appreciate the kind words. Many others here who have been very successful in .tv as well.

A

Well we have reached the 8 year anniversary of the .tv subforum, things have quieted down as more and more people have good names and that made the domainer to domainer market go quiet.

There are still some nice sales each week but not as many as those invested in the extension would like.

Momentum that carried through the LandRush/GoldRush times in 2010 has slowed down with talks of New Gtlds and all the potential confusion coming to the Namespace.

One thing that holds true is Shop means Shop in English not in Chinese, Portuguese or French as just one example.

TV is universal around the world, so who knows how the hype around new gtlds can be used to possibly, note I said possibly reignite interest from a domain speculation standpoint.

I have actually been looking back at the past, I have had people say thanks I never made anything in domains until I came here, or I am still down in .com thankfully I found this forum and I made some money.

I have gone back through 2000 pms that included threats, talking people out of traveling cross country to punch someone in the mouth, deals that weren't deals to the pm that told me about the biggest sale in the history of the extension.

From calls at midnight from people I didn't know but felt like they knew me because of here, I say thank you, long before people were blogging,actually it predates 99% of all blogs,this place was pumping out info and gave a whole bunch of people a chance to make money they never would have made.

So as always thanks Argos, JohnTV, Amcy.org, AuntyStatic, Lance and Ian, I would never had started this crazy journey if it was not for you guys and the thread that became a forum.

Thanks to RJ and Eric and thanks to everyone who participated over 8 years of craziness.

I am working on the short story The History of The .TV SubForum, coming up with fictitious names is proving lengthy.

I think this year Ammar has been the .TV domainer of the year congrats on the sales and keep it going.

•••
It has mostly been a fun ride over last 4,5 yrs i've been around.

Would be more fun if Ammar hadn't grabbed all the great names! lol

•••
Ray, thanks for creating this forum, I cannot believe it has been around for 8 years already. Years ago I made a conscious decision to acquire .tv domains in large part to your thoughts about the extension. While I have cut down my holdings overall, most of my favorite assets are .tv domains, some really great ones that I acquired back then.

I would really enjoy attending a .tv get together someday, seeing a group of you all at once.

•••
Thanks to you Ray for creating .tv forum. It's only because of you and other members on this forum I was able to not only acquire but make some money with some really good .tv domain names.

Two thumbs up

•••
Wow 8 year anniversary! Congrats Ray and for all the others involved here. .TV has been quite a ride, I started buying them in 2000, and it's been good for me and many others as well. Thanks for all your hard work Ray!

•••
well, I remember SKG, Australia when joined this TV subforum ,Millerscrossing lately , well done equity !

rokoroko

•••
Cheers to Ray :)

in memory of Millerscrossing or James(for many of us) that didnt make till here

•••
Congrats Ray in being a leader..

•••
Thanks for your work Ray and the other .tv folk

•••
Thank you Ray for all your dedication and contribution:)

•••
Didn't participate back then, but heard you tell and love the story Ray! They say time flies when your having fun!

I only have one .tv, but its one of my favorite names, albeit a bit biased... Emily.tv

•••
how much register a .tv at godaddy?

•••
with a coupon code $24.99 at Name.com $10.99.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back