Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TopJimmy - I'll see what I can do to answer your questions.

1) Is there a way to get any analytical data when using Voodoo.com? I would like to know where traffic is coming from - IP, URL, Referring Website, Etc. Can this be done?
This detailed information is currently not allowed by our upstream provider.

2) What is the best way to get visitors to your site?
Do a lot of reading on sites like namepros.

3) Is there anyone out there making a full time income with parked domains that would be willing to give some advice? Not looking for a free ride, just a few pointers in the right direction and how to go about learning.
There are hundreds if not thousands of people making a living off of parking and selling domains. And there are quite a few of them on namepros.

4. What is Voodoo.com's revenue share percentage? (Ex. Domain Owner gets 60% - Voodoo gets 40%)
It's higher than this, but I am not allowed to say the exact number

Donny

•••
Thanks Donny!
Hope to do biz with your company for a long time.

- I didn't realize the analytical data wan't allowed to be had.

- I only asked about the revenue % amounts because GoDaddy comes right out and says the % we would receive, so I took that as though it was a common knowledge thing. Thanks anyway.

I appreciate your help. :D

Jimmy

•••
Donny Voodoo is awesome :) Im getting about 2 times more in revenue than before and the optimization just has started few days ago. Average earnings per click are outstanding. Kind regards, Robert

•••
Hey guys thanks for the advice I am opening up an account at Voodoo.com. I just noticed at Sedo that a domain weddingcarhire.com is now in auction and its reserve has been met and is now at $5000. I have a couple of similar domains and I wondered if pricing them as buy now helps get these domains going.

Sorry if I am OT but I wanted to thank you guys, I will post my domain and prices in the proper category. What does Voodoo charge as far as commission for a sale. It seems places like SEDO have "too many" domains!

•••
Hey guys thanks for the advice I am opening up an account at Voodoo.com. I just noticed at Sedo that a domain weddingcarhire.com is now in auction and its reserve has been met and is now at $5000. I have a couple of similar domains and I wondered if pricing them as buy now helps get these domains going.

Sorry if I am OT but I wanted to thank you guys, I will post my domain and prices in the proper category. What does Voodoo charge as far as commission for a sale. It seems places like SEDO have "too many" domains!

Voodoo is a parking platform only. They do not have an auction house to sell domains.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Thanks Donny!
Hope to do biz with your company for a long time.

- I didn't realize the analytical data wan't allowed to be had.

- I only asked about the revenue % amounts because GoDaddy comes right out and says the % we would receive, so I took that as though it was a common knowledge thing. Thanks anyway.

I appreciate your help. :D

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I use Voodoo and make more than enough to make a living on. My father in law also uses it and he makes enough as well.

I personally started with a few hundred dollars and now I really dont have anything to worry about.

Voodoo is by far one of the best..if not the best parking company around. Just an FYI.

•••
i just purchased few days ago a 6 letters readable but no keyword .com ,
i added it to voodoo today ,
but what keyword and am i allowed to put any keyword i want on it ?

•••
i just purchased few days ago a 6 letters readable but no keyword .com ,
i added it to voodoo today ,
but what keyword and am i allowed to put any keyword i want on it ?

Any keyword you like. Donny has an open mind :)

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I personally started with a few hundred dollars and now I really dont have anything to worry about.

Would love to know your system but cannot pay you to find out :)

But I think I know why your domains earn more than others and I would classify it as following:

1- You picked up your domains from the drops, hence a lot of them either had some backlinks or some existing traffic.

2- Some of your domains are good typos

3- Some are good typein domains

4- On the ones with traffic you have selected high paying keywords, hence they're earning you 10 to 20 times or even more multiples of money than other domainers may have earned from them.

5- You were born a very lucky guy - (only kidding).

Voodoo is by far one of the best..if not the best parking company around. Just an FYI.

Only if your domains already have traffic and they receive traffic from the right part of the world i.e. USA etc. Otherwise they could be the same as others.

•••
Gosh, I have 3 clicks and it is $4.99
wow
and it is only one domain.
VooDoo, you the best!!!

I have never gotten this from any parking companies. Think of all the $$$ they have stolen from me.

Originally Posted by smurge View Post

Only if your domains already have traffic and they receive traffic from the right part of the world i.e. USA etc. Otherwise they could be the same as others.

•••
The response/help and the cpc is amazing in voodoo, im getting a much better revenue then i did in sedo or smartname.

Donny is a top admin, helped me everytime in a few hours or less. Awesome service

•••
Hey Donny, can you tell me what "Domains that are in conflict with other accounts" mean? There were a few domains I wasn't able to add and not sure why. If you can PM that'll be great, thanks!!

•••
Hey Donny, can you tell me what "Domains that are in conflict with other accounts" mean? There were a few domains I wasn't able to add and not sure why. If you can PM that'll be great, thanks!!
that means that the domains you're trying to add have already been added to someone else account before, that happens when you purchase domains from someone else
to solve this just make sure the whois data matches info on your voodoo account, then just email the customer support, this is a common issue to all parking companies users
hope that helps

•••
what "Domains that are in conflict with other accounts" mean? There were a few domains I wasn't able to add and not sure why.

It means that the person that owned the domain before you still has it in listed in their voodoo account. (They didnt delete it yet)
You report the name and it will be deleted from the old account and added to the new owners account.

•••
Just moved 50+ domains to Voodoo (from Bodis)... I'll be happy to check the differences!

•••
As far as conflicts our system will attempt to use some magic and try to auto resolve the conflicts, if your whois matches your account information for example, we should resolve the conflicts within an hour or so. But if things aren't as easy, we will try to do it manually every few hours, but if you send us something we should get to it sooner.

I'm glad everybody is happy with the system so far. The more people are happy, the more me and my employees are doing our job.

Donny

•••
Signed up last night, (waiting for acceptance) want to give this a try.

•••
...although I do not mind waiting at all, you really should be more accurate with your claim of instant approval on your website...just signed up and already there is a lie.

I guess that is not such a positive sign of how "good" you are when a falsehood starts the process to begin with...perhaps changing the term "instant approval" would help your reputation...

•••
...although I do not mind waiting at all, you really should be more accurate with your claim of instant approval on your website...just signed up and already there is a lie.

I guess that is not such a positive sign of how "good" you are when a falsehood starts the process to begin with...perhaps changing the term "instant approval" would help your reputation...

I don't think they have a reputation problem considering one of the top guys in the industry is the CEO and what they have done fore the parking industry already is outstanding. That's a cheap shot from what sounds like a bitter person. That's just my take on it.

If you have problems like this you should do what normal people do and reach out to them in a respectful manner. If at that point your problem isn't resolved then feel free to post snide remarks all you want.

Btw, I was approved instantly and my account was set up instantly.

Have a great day everyone!

•••

Cry Baby!!!

•••
I don't think they have a reputation problem considering one of the top guys in the industry is the CEO and what they have done fore the parking industry already is outstanding. That's a cheap shot from what sounds like a bitter person. That's just my take on it.

If you have problems like this you should do what normal people do and reach out to them in a respectful manner. If at that point your problem isn't resolved then feel free to post snide remarks all you want.

Btw, I was approved instantly and my account was set up instantly.

Have a great day everyone!

...well, I guess that's all well and good, smurge, but why is it snide and a cheap shot when I point out a blatant inconsistency? I prefaced the post by saying that I didn't mind the wait. So what is your problem?

But I do see this aberration of saying one thing while doing another disturbing, especially in the beginning application process, regardless of what you may think of the person's reputation. I also suggested that they remove the term "instant approval" if they do not mean it...

You were approved instantly? Good for you. I wasn't and like I said wouldn't care if it was instant or not. But a falsehood is one heck of a way to start a business relationship...but I guess that would be fine with you.

So I'm the bad guy? OK.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Cry Baby!!!

...couldn't have said it better myself!...

•••
accounts are usually approved within 24h of what i've heard from other friends , and voodoo is for now the best parking company i've tested
they have great rpc and pay on time , what else do you want
and about approval , some companies do not bother to let you wait a month to contact you.
just my 2 cents

•••
Just got my first 5.00+ USD worth click on Voodoo.com. This has never happened to me by other parking companies.I love Voodoo. Guys did you have the same problem in first week or so when you parked the domains to Voodoo, that the CTR fluctuated really strongly? I believe this could be due to auto-optimization and finding the right templates and keywords for each country and domain name.

•••
freedom30 - I did just approve your account. Out of 100 accounts that apply, we instantly approve 70 of them, above 5 of the ones we don't instantly approve we manually approve like yours. The other 25 are not approved.

Donny

•••
i'm guessing in today's frenetic world we just want instant approvals on anything. Anything else is just slow. :D

•••
i'm guessing in today's frenetic world we just want instant approvals on anything...

...nah, that wasn't it! Some people did not read my post.

Did not mind waiting and now all is right with the world!...thanx, Donny!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

freedom30 - I did just approve your account. Out of 100 accounts that apply, we instantly approve 70 of them, above 5 of the ones we don't instantly approve we manually approve like yours. The other 25 are not approved.

Donny

Thanks, Donny and thank you for your pm. Hope that you consider suggestion I provided...

•••
I know it's personal preference but was just curious what everybody was rollin' with in regards to banner, ribbon, corner, think I like them in the order I posted them. Banner seems more in your face about the domain being for sale. Right now just have it linking to my Sedo sale page.

Think I'm leaving the Layout as default, Auto Optimization, Alpha, Spring Morning.

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back