IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excluding zip .pros, total .pros registered at March 2012 were up 5.9% to 99,115. Tucows, which I assume includes Hover.com, was up 50% in the month to 1,179 .pros. Average daily WHOIS searches increased by 79.2% in March 2012 to 76,907. This is a new record and the biggest % rise since June 2010.

That's an amazing rise in daily WHOIS searches, IMO. Hard for me to understand how over 2.3 million searches for Pro WHOIS data can result in so relatively few sales. If "searchers" aren't looking for contact information then what sort of data are they hunting for?

No one else appears to be perplexed by the Search to Sale ratio. So what am I overlooking?

8^X

•••
That's an amazing rise in daily WHOIS searches, IMO. Hard for me to understand how over 2.3 million searches for Pro WHOIS data can result in so relatively few sales. If "searchers" aren't looking for contact information then what sort of data are they hunting for?
Domain availability.

•••
Domain availability.

Good point. Thanks.

But if two million people make WHOIS searches checking for availability seems more of them would be buying. Although most are searching for keywords that are already registered, if I made a search and found the name to be taken I would more than likely make an offer or contact the owner. Just seems disproportionate. Too many searches and too few inquiries and offers, IMO.

8^X

•••
Many variations are available.
For normal aftermarket we need 500K of .PRO at least. It will be very difficult to reach this milestone without GoDaddy.

•••
Many variations are available.
For normal aftermarket we need 500K of .PRO at least. It will be very difficult to reach this milestone without GoDaddy.

At last count GoDaddy supported close to 70 extensions ... 15 or 16 being gTLDs. Hard to believe they would exclude .Pro ... especially considering it's a gTLD.

Can someone 'splain to me?

8^X

•••
I think up to now it would have been having to deal with domain restrictions. However, now that afilias owns .pro it would have a better chance of being accepted I would think. I'm hopeful that something will happen in the second half of the year with .pro.

Encirca mentioned that their dropped list was back up and running as a result of the transition to afilias being completed. So, it sounds like the process is just taking some time. I sort of expected this lull for some strange reason.

Hope that something fires up on .pro in the next 6 months. It's been a while since we've seen anything outside of continued periodic sales..I've had several decent tire kicks...so confident that people are interested.

•••
sorry i have no idea in this field because i am a realy new user.

•••
Seems Encirca stopped publishing lists of deleting / deleted .pro domains.

Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

:?

•••
•••
Guess it must have been down for a bit there.

I checked a couple of times last week and it didn't work.

Cheers!

•••
I know, it happen to me too :)

•••
From ICA: New gTLDs to be Delayed until Third Quarter of 2013

Domainer posted it on the 29th but I'm a little behind on my reading. Can anyone speculate how this might effect "Us Pros?"

http://www.internetcommerce.org/New-gTLD-Delay

8^X

Last edited:
•••
I think any delay has to help. What would be interesting is if AFILIAS rolled .pro our as a semi new .tld as many are unaware of the extension in the general public. They could easily make it appear new and fresh as it has never had any major publicity.

•••
the news coverage of the new TLDs did get people talking about something besides com/net/org.

•••
match.pro was sold on Snapnames yesterday for $534.00.

I bid up to $509 but not more. It surely is a top keyword, but there's no developed domain under any noteable TLD except match.com, so I'm rather happy that I was overbid.

Anyway, good luck to the winning bidder!

-Kuli

•••
bought daytrading.pro recently
not sure about the potential but still like the name+ext feel/look

•••
bought daytrading.pro recently
not sure about the potential but still like the name+ext feel/look

I think it is a great domain. What do you want to do with it? Flip it or develop it? I can easily see it being turned into a forum or for an expert advisor.

•••
•••
I think it is a great domain. What do you want to do with it? Flip it or develop it? I can easily see it being turned into a forum or for an expert advisor.

thanks

flipping is ok but with .com/net/org on sale .pro seems to fall into long term investment basket...
forum would fit too but would probably require too much effort to promote/maintain. simple news feed looks like an option for initial ranking though..

•••
Last edited:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so I am new here and finally found a home for my small obsession.... hoarding domain names.... I am at about 60 domains, and just purchased another 10 .Pro domains for $2.99 deals.

I think it is an amazing extension, however after doing some research... I am actually troubled at one thing.... 95% of .Pro domains I have seen, are owned by domainers, and out there to be sold. Only 2 developed domains from what I saw.... truly developed by the end user.

If the vast majority of the domains are owned by the domainers... it will be that much tougher to get people to start accepting that anything.pro is a legitimate site.

Anyone track the stats for developed domains on the .pro and versus others like .us, .biz, or what not.

•••
•••
There are hundreds of companies developing on .pro sites. I wouldn't worry about that. But developing .pro domains is really important so you are very right to be asking about it.

•••
tender.pro (2005) - russian B2B PROject.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back