Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Easily mid $x,xxx. No less than $3500(worst case) and it should be ok. I;m considering other extension sales as well as the exact searches for 'pro football' and 'football pro' which are a lot.

•••
:gn:

A fair end-user price for Football(.)pro would be around 15,000 USD.

Domain ID: D169327-PRO
Domain Name: FOOTBALL(.)PRO
Created On: 15-Jun-2012 16:26:04 UTC

How is this possible? :gl:

Last edited:
•••
How is this possible?

"Whois History: 36 records have been archived since 2008-11-11"

thanks for the appraisal terol :)

•••
Archived records do not matter if the registry whois tells that the domain was created some days ago.

How is possible that a premium one like "football(.)pro" had been registered on last 15th June?

•••
How is possible that a premium one like "football(.)pro" had been registered on last 15th June?
Probably been dropped by previous owner, and picked up as soon as it became available again :gl:

•••
Somebody fumbled on that one...quite the drop! ;)

•••
Maybe they tried their damnedest to sell it and couldn't. I'm surprised they couldn't have sold it for at least a couple of hundred or traded it for some signed gear or tickets.

•••
Probably been dropped by previous owner, and picked up as soon as it became available again :gl:
So has this been a drop? :rolleyes:

•••
Easily mid $x,xxx. No less than $3500(worst case) and it should be ok. I;m considering other extension sales as well as the exact searches for 'pro football' and 'football pro' which are a lot.

$3,500 to a domainer. Ten times that to an end user ... assuming you have the gift of gab.

That's a hell of a name.

8^X

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I wonder where Michael has been?

•••
I know this is not the appraisal section and not really bothered with figures as such but just enquiring as to whether the following domains are worth holding onto in peoples opinions:

MOTORRACING.PRO
PIGS.PRO
SILLY.PRO

Dont ask why I registered them as most of my domain purchases have reason at the time which I tend to forget as time goes on.... :)

•••
I know this is not the appraisal section and not really bothered with figures as such but just enquiring as to whether the following domains are worth holding onto in peoples opinions:

MOTORRACING.PRO
PIGS.PRO
SILLY.PRO

Dont ask why I registered them as most of my domain purchases have reason at the time which I tend to forget as time goes on.... :)

I would keep them all for another renewal cycle.

8^X

•••
•••
I would drop all three as well. Love playing Pass the Pigs.

•••

8^X

People will buy anything. And they usually buy what appears to be the least desirable. That rule has held true for me for eight years and somewhere around 3000 sales.

•••
People will buy anything. And they usually buy what appears to be the least desirable. That rule has held true for me for eight years and somewhere around 3000 sales.
How is that when you told me this?

If the rest of your portfolio looks anything like the Pros in your signature, that's a problem.
Those names were much better than these and most have since been traded. I have only four left (Bipolar, Jesucristo, Telluride and VoiceData).

Selling .PRO is much more difficult unless you have a top notch BS pitch machine. I don't have one of those (do not want one) so sales volume for the extension is low even though the returns have been phenomenal.

THAT SAID it's easy to see where my only having less than $100 in .PRO renewals vs those with $x,xxx would see differently.

•••

8^X

Would you give that same advice when these expire on 09-Jan-2013 or is that enough of a cycle :)

•••
Just turned down a $1500 offer on gift dot pro.

It's not that .pro domains don't sell, it's that buyers want them for pennies on the dollar and not all sellers are willing to sell at such low prices.

Just for the record I believe that this is worth at least $5k, if not more.

•••
Just turned down a $1500 offer on gift dot pro.

It's not that .pro domains don't sell, it's that buyers want them for pennies on the dollar and not all sellers are willing to sell at such low prices.

Just for the record I believe that this is worth at least $5k, if not more.
Well done!

I have also refused several $X,XXX offers for some of my .pro domains. :bah:

•••
Well humbug1s1k, I guess you should listen to the sales experts. They obviously speak from experience. ??? And if they would spend a little more time reading and a little less time writing they might be more successful and a little less hostile.

Last edited:
•••
I am also refusing low X,XXX offers as well!

•••
Mart dotpro auction ended... $500, yet still no payment. This was the first low ball offer I accepted and have been refusing ridiculous $100 offers since 2009 which leave you with $10, after $50 thief charge by Sedo.

•••
Hard to refuse 4 figure offers when the 2013 extension dilution around the corner

•••
I don't think dilution is going to effect .pro pricing. This extension is not overvalued and many new extensions can't offer the broad world appeal that .pro does. I've personally felt that .com could be effected as prices are just sooo much higher relative to everything else..but much of the establishment would probably disagree with even that statement.

•••
Well humbug1s1k, I guess you should listen to the sales experts. They obviously speak from experience. ??? And if they would spend a little more time reading and a little less time writing they might be more successful and a little less hostile.

:)

Thanks for the time (all)....there is a little while till expiry, was just interested, but will probably keep hold of them...as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back