IT.COM

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No need for a second pin. The NFC or wallet service will have security built in for sure. Entering pins would defeat the purpose of a fast transaction. The idea of a pin seems very unlikely to me.

If it's phone theft you're worried about then just lock your phone.

You think that you're going to take your phone and just point it at something and let it take cash out without you doing anything?

The Security benefit of digital wallets is THE PIN. People in Europe already have this on Credit Cards.. only the US is effed up and stupid.

I want to find any digital wallet company that has the balls to take responsibility for fraudulent activity without a secured app / transaction especially if it's independent of the bank.

I can see the support calls.

USER: "Someone put $1,000 of purchased on my phone and my bank account is empty"

BANK: "Sorry it's direct bank debit, any debits have to be authorized so you must have authorized it."

USER: "WTF? It's your fault!"

BANK: "Sorry. Any withdrawal from your bank has to be authorized."

USER: "Well I authorized DigiWallet. They have access to it"

BANK: "Then call DigiWallet and see if you can recover your losses there is ZERO NADA other recourse"

Hang Up.

USER: "Someone put $1,000 of purchased on my phone and my bank account is empty"

DIGIWALLET IN YOUR LALA LAND: "Luckily for you we cover any losses through fraudulent use of our App. You'd be surprised how often people leave their phone unlocked.. we might save some losses if we secured the transaction... but what the hell, right? Who cares? We're underwritten by Llosers of London"

Bottom line

People will need:
A passcode for the Phone

At minimum one of and likely both:
You will need a passcode for the App
You will need a passcode/PIN for the transaction

One technology exists that does all this in one. Clue?

WAVE and pay :)

What really pisses me off? I have passwords with punctuation... ever tried to do that on a phone? It's like a 20 button press frickin nightmare to put in a 6 char password.

Last edited:
•••
You think that you're going to take your phone and just point it at something and let it take cash out without you doing anything?

The Security benefit of digital wallets is THE PIN. People in Europe already have this on Credit Cards.. only the US is effed up and stupid.

I'm in the US and have to enter a pin every time I use my debit card.

As to the question of waving or tapping for instant payment...yes that's exactly what I think will happen. I'm sure some services will require a pin but the big boys will find a way around it. As for fraud...NFC charges are no different than CC charges. If a problem arises you'll simply launch a dispute and an investigation will begin.

The technology will be amazing :imho:

•••
I'm in the US and have to enter a pin every time I use my debit card.
So you think this will change? All of a sudden security needs goes away?

As to the question of waving or tapping for instant payment...yes that's exactly what I think will happen. I'm sure some services will require a pin but the big boys will find a way around it.
It's called insurance - or we make shit loads of money so a bit of fraud here or there is nothing (not compared to what our men in suits do over lunch anyway, wink wink).

They will perhaps pre-approve/guarantee under $25 or something. I guess they do that with credit cards today. So maybe you're right - but I think they will test the waters to evaluate risks first.

The problem is that this would need to be built into the point of service (to allow minor charges but not bigger ones).

As for fraud...NFC charges are no different than CC charges. If a problem arises you'll simply launch a dispute and an investigation will begin.
It's two different things. NFC just enables a transaction. The underlying instrument still needs to exist - whether that is a credit card, or link to a bank account, and EFT record.

[removed some misinfo - see later]

The technology will be amazing :imho:
That's the thing... it ALREADY is...

But no one is going to go to sign up for a wave a phone and make a payment as there is no approved link from transaction to device.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

The only issue that held back NFC technology since its inception was the lack of nfc enabled devices/handsets.

What about the other side?

A device needs to talk to something. That's a concern location based services don't have.

NFC is still held back by encryption concerns.

It's far from one thing holding it back.

Last edited:
•••
I've disputed a few debit charges with no issue so no biggie there.

Every phone has a serial number and unique phone number which identifies it. I'm sure this will come into play when making these "wave" or "tap" payments.

•••
Liked the look of this drop and reg'd it -

Tapish.com

Last edited:
•••
I've disputed a few debit charges with no issue so no biggie there.

I have not used a debit card in so long I thought I better look it up before spreading misinfo...

Too late :lol:

My quick research:

Looks like some debit cards come with liability protection and some don't. Looks like there are laws in place to lower liability. You can still overdraw though :)

Whatever. As long as people read whatever they agree to it will all be ok, I'm sure.

•••
RE: Security and your devices.

Look further...

i don't see PIN numbers being the sole provider of security. Still too much theft already with PIN numbers - too easy to get around already with peaking over someones shoulder, video camera's with high def zoom setup a block away watching you punch your number at a gas station..etc..

This is going to evolve into {i'm guessing} a combination of both voice and face recognition.

Even the new Google Nexus tablet which is NFC enabled has face recognition to lock your screen.

So.. maybe just have a picture of the persons face, right and then steal the phone?... nope... you can set it so that you have to actually blink in order to open the device... pretty cool, actually.

Keeping in mind, the tech is still evolving and will become much more advanced as it will HAVE to be... our phones.. tablets..etc... will also be implemented into the cars of the future.... connected cars.. Telematics... M2M.. V2X...calling our smarthomes and smart appliances...etc..

NFC is NOT just about mobile money and smartphones and tablets are NOT just going to be about paying for things... we are BARELY just scratching the surface with where we are headed.

Security over the internet... 4g/5g...the cloud... whatever ... will ALWAYS be BIG business and will always be in demand as criminals evolve with the times.. with the tech. There's GOING to be some horror stories for sure.. but there's already horror stories in this regard... it won't stop the this from evolving.

Look further is all i'm suggesting... why talk about this modern day tech with old school security measures?... evolution will be 360.

just my two cents.

•••
•••
May I suggest everyone's biometric signature being stored and used? Welcome to India.

i don't see this being the answer.
It's obvious the biggest goal to mobile commerce isn't to make your life easy or convenient.. i surely hope people aren't believing that line of jazz.

the big goal is to take away as many obstacles as possible and make the checkout process about as fast as possible... their hope is - again, obvious - to take complete and full advantage of the 'impulse' before it passes... no one gives a crap about our convenience no matter what they want to sell you... fast -> fast -> fast!

picture the average mother at walmart holding little bobby in her arms and having to sign something to verify her signature - that impulse can pass real quickly.

also.. a few other idea's to have fun with that COULD be used for securing your device in the not so distant future:

• the kinect technology is still in its infancy and still changing the world day by day... but i can see having to wave some kind of pattern to open your device... haha.. could you imagine the checkout line during the holidays?? {Classic!}
:)

• how about 'thought controlled software' where you simply THINK of the password to open your device? I'm sure we'll see this eventually also.

•••
NFC is not only about mobile payments... there is a much, much bigger picture.
:$:

NFC technology has been around for a long time and it's usage will be around for quite some time-that everyone knows.

But that doesn't mean anything when we are talking NFC tech being used in mobile phones to make payments (which is what I was referring to).

dead battery... yep thats possible, but your active ndef tag is also a passive one as well ... passive tags require no electricity.

Which poses major security risks for users of mobile payment. A phone thief would love this. :imho: I would like to think that a phone must be switched on-for the pin of course, so that transactions can be secure. If not, I don't see how anyone could use it without facing any risks.

:wave:

•••
I went a little wild with the United Domains .de one euro action
All in .de

nfctech

nfc-tech

nfctv

nfcgaming

I guess we will see if I wasted my 4 euros

This is what NFC is used for in my city
http://www.nfcworld.com/2011/03/03/...on-national-nfc-ticketing-system-for-germany/

But it is not very popular, it seems like that are sticking to it though. What is funny is that the domain that should help you get info about it is the amazing ran-an-die-infos.de
no "NFC" "TAP" "WAVE" ect in the domain, maybe that is why it isnt so popular?:)

Last edited:
•••
All in .de

nfctech

nfc-tech

nfctv

nfcgaming

I guess we will see if I wasted my 4 euros

This is what NFC is used for in my city
http://www.nfcworld.com/2011/03/03/...on-national-nfc-ticketing-system-for-germany/

But it is not very popular, it seems like that are sticking to it though. What is funny is that the domain that should help you get info about it is the amazing ran-an-die-infos.de
no "NFC" "TAP" "WAVE" ect in the domain, maybe that is why it isnt so popular?:)

nice name !

My only NFC domain is NFCCELL.com

•••
Got this name today

Social-Wallet dot com

Goes nicely with my other name TheSocialWallet dot com

•••
Regged TapKorea.com The net is an existing site registered to 2020. Not sure if it is North or South Korea though!!

Last edited:
•••
Regged TapKorea.com The net is an existing site registered to 2020. Not sure if it is North or South Korea though!!

TapChina.com is dropping soon !!

•••
All in .de

nfc-tech

i understand hyphens and dot de work very well together

... but
you DO know that NFC-TECH.COM is still available, yes?

•••
Educational post ;)

in regards to the NFC tag, active or passive...
There are 4 types of tags, with each tag having different levels of encryption and data storage.
Seems many of you are really unfamiliar with NFC technology, and I invite you to inform yourself about tags, solutions and applications with the following links;

www.nfc-forum.org

www.nfc-forum.org/specs/spec_list/

www.gemalto.com

www.nfctags.com

www.nxp.com

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwiY29tLm54cC50YWdpbmZvbGl0ZSJd

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Understanding_NFC_Data_Exchange_Format_(NDEF)_messages

:tu:

•••
These are alot of domains, but you should slow down and concentrate on .com first. i hope it will be a better option.

•••
•••
•••
Best nfc domain list I have seen.

Picked up NFCmenu / com, I can now output both NFC and QR code under my qrmenu.

thanks,

Jason
nice site :snaphappy: , although I believe QR is going to be a passing trend... invest your energy into the NFC aspect ;)

•••
nice site :snaphappy: , although I believe QR is going to be a passing trend... invest your energy into the NFC aspect ;)

Which is why I needed nfcmenu and armenu ;)

thanks,

Jason

•••
These are alot of domains, but you should slow down and concentrate on .com first. i hope it will be a better option.

Exactly. Rep'd. and NP$s. :tu:

:wave:

•••
Picked up a drop -

PayBySpeech.com

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

50% of UAE mobile users back wallet services

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/IT_220827.html

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Picked up -

MobileMoney.ae

Cheers

•••
nfcsquared/com (nfc²)

don't make me list my "qr code domains" I own some good ones

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back