IT.COM

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PayPal Acquires Mobile-Wallet Tech Company card.io
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lg0nMH4NFk&feature=player_embedded"]Introducing card.io - YouTube[/ame]

Full Story Here - http://gizmodo.com/5926919/paypal-acquires-[CENTER]mobile+wallet-tech-company-cardio[/CENTER]

Nfc Gumball Machine

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KegPdyv4GtI&feature=player_detailpage"]DIGITAL GUM GOODS (nfc-enabled gumball machine) - YouTube[/ame]

•••
PayPal Acquires Mobile-Wallet Tech Company card.io

Given that card.io's big draw is its complete self-sufficiency—unlike Square, it doesn't require any attachments, instead relying on your phone's own camera to capture your credit card info—it seems a logical score for the web payment platform of PayPal.

Interesting because they have been falling behind in mobile payments and losing market share to newcomers with easier to use products
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/18/ebay_paypal/

The current messaging is clearly losing would-be customers, as Square is eating PayPal's lunch offline with the "cool kids" crowd. It's simply miles ahead of PayPal in terms of ease of use. That said, PayPal's brand recognition, for better and worse, gives eBay a lot of runway to take on Square with its Square knock-off, PayPal Here.

It's also losing to Braintree with developers. As with Square, Braintree's magic is largely in how easy it is to use.

•••
To be honest, how many people would be happy someone taking a picture of their credit card ?

I posted yesterday this sale - Pay.io 5000 Euro and today PayPal buy Card.io

Last edited:
•••
To be honest, how many people would be happy someone taking a picture of their credit card ?

Not many. I hope there is some kind of security LOL.

creditcardscan.com was taken back in 2002, tapcreditcards tapcreditcard and creditcardtap.com only in 2011 and 2012.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Just had a laughable offer of 60 USD for nfctap.co.uk
How shall I respond?
Prob someone on here LOL

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

But we're happy letting people slide it which is all the actual information?

But we're happy tapping a phone releasing all the information? In fact.. we're happy tapping a phone that uses an app that contains not only credit information but likely friends, shopping habits, loyalty programs, location based information, tracking information...etc etc

I want digitally encrypted touching interface where that interface is a verifiable point of service provided by a regulated and audited and inspected agency with a signed privacy agreement. Or cash. How about that?

•••
Just had a laughable offer of 60 USD for nfctap.co.uk
How shall I respond?
Prob someone on here LOL

The strongest message you could send is not to response at all. If he/she is serious they will respond, accordingly.

•••
The strongest message you could send is not to response at all. If he/she is serious they will respond, accordingly.

Why say NO when saying NOTHING says so much more?

EDIT: Stupid Sedo won't let you cancel. Choices are no answer or to put a ridiculous response which is technically "negotiations".

So yeah.. no response is good.

Last edited:
•••
Just got

PINANDTAP.COM

For higher payments you will be required to put in a pin and then tapping your phone, making mobile payments more secure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just got

PINANDTAP.COM

For higher payments you will be required to put in a pin and then tapping your phone, making mobile payments more secure.

And here I was thinking the point was to simplify the process (as complicated as it wasn't)

tapnpin.com is available and finally someone took nearfieldapps.com I've been tracking that for months to see if it would go. (Where tracking is a totally passive event - not active - I'm not that sad)

Last edited:
•••
•••
And here I was thinking the point was to simplify the process (as complicated as it wasn't)

Once people realize the downside of using their phones for payments, they might move back to using cards or cash. What happens when your battery dies? Then you screwed. Or you forgot to take your phone with when you left home, because it was being recharged overnight. :D You not only without a phone, but also without cash! It's easy to survive the day without a phone, but this is hardly the case when you don't have some cash/cards with you.

Question is, do people always like to carry their phone around with them...every single time? No! Who wants to be bothered all the time?! I intentionally leave my phone behind if I want to relax and not be bothered. If you use your phone for payments, you still have to carry your bulky phone around even when you don't want to be bothered with calls. (yes smart phones are quite bulky in my opinion)

:wave:

Last edited:
•••

tapnpin.com is available and finally someone took nearfieldapps.com I've been tracking that for months to see if it would go. (Where tracking is a totally passive event - not active - I'm not that sad)

I think the pin part is a good idea, yes it makes it less quicker but for peace of mind that if my phone got stolen no one could access the wallet part, i would definately put up with it.

I thought it was just me who likes tracking names lol!

•••
I think the pin part is a good idea, yes it makes it less quicker but for peace of mind that if my phone got stolen no one could access the wallet part

No need for a second pin. Phones already have pass codes to lock them if you like.

•••
•••
No need for a second pin. Phones already have pass codes to lock them if you like.

The pin is to secure the transaction not your phone.

Youd have two pins.

I'm sure that apps will tempt people with a password locker.. Access everything with just one pin!

Bonus.

Slight conveniences for users are huge conveniences for hackers.

•••
Once people realize the downside of using their phones for payments, they might move back to using cards or cash. What happens when your battery dies? Then you screwed. Or you forgot to take your phone with when you left home, because it was being recharged overnight. :D You not only without a phone, but also without cash! It's easy to survive the day without a phone, but this is hardly the case when you don't have some cash/cards with you.

Question is, do people always like to carry their phone around with them...every single time? No! Who wants to be bothered all the time?! I intentionally leave my phone behind if I want to relax and not be bothered. If you use your phone for payments, you still have to carry your bulky phone around even when you don't want to be bothered with calls. (yes smart phones are quite bulky in my opinion)
:wave:

According to studies and white papers I read recently in the last 2 years I`d have to totally disagree about peeps leaving home without their phone/smartphone...

dead battery... yep thats possible, but your active ndef tag is also a passive one as well ... passive tags require no electricity.

Cash and credit cards will be around for another 20 years at least, but mobile transactions and other NFC enabled services will grow rapidly in the next 5 years. The only issue that held back NFC technology since its inception was the lack of nfc enabled devices/handsets.

This year alone millions of NFC enabled mobile devices have been shipped and next year we will start seeing consumer electronics like your TV, tablets, netbooks, auto & home entertainment systems,etc...
All will be NFC enabled.

NFC is not only about mobile payments... there is a much, much bigger picture.
:$:

•••
The pin is to secure the transaction not your phone.

Youd have two pins.

I'm sure that apps will tempt people with a password locker.. Access everything with just one pin!

Bonus.

Slight conveniences for users are huge conveniences for hackers.

No need for a second pin. The NFC or wallet service will have security built in for sure. Entering pins would defeat the purpose of a fast transaction. The idea of a pin seems very unlikely to me.

If it's phone theft you're worried about then just lock your phone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back