Dynadot

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NFC will become a common abbreviation, just as USB is today.
At this point we don't know for sure, it could be another short-lived buzzword.
The technology could also settle on another acronym, or be superseded.
Remember WAP ?
So it is speculation.

The problem is that the supply of names that make sense is not infinite. NFC + random keyword = wasted $$

•••
At this point we don't know for sure, it could be another short-lived buzzword.
The technology could also settle on another acronym, or be superseded.
Remember WAP ?
So it is speculation.

The problem is that the supply of names that make sense is not infinite. NFC + random keyword = wasted $$

The highest selling USB name ishUSBand.com

NFC is closer to RFID that was/is taking over the world.

Did you mean "not infinite" or "not finite" :)

•••
I have a few developed NFC websites online since 2006 which today generates 100k+ pageviews monthly. According to my stats, I have to disagree with your statement...

In regards to "wallet", it is an English word, marketable to English speaking users only and has a typo possibility.Besides that, it only applies to one application for NFC technology, which is "mobile payments & transactions". There is a whole lot more about NFC then just payments...

NFC is a universal abbreviation, that will distinguish "Near Field Communications" enabled devices and applications. As will the "N" mark, the symbol that consumers will recognize to easily identify NFC-enabled devices and touchpoints.

NFC will become a common abbreviation, just as USB is today.

Earlier in this thread I made a post, yet no one here has replied...I wonder why?
http://www.namepros.com/4307139-post369.html
:cy:

Hi thanks for the info... interesting that no one has answered your questions, maybe no one here has an NFC-capable phone or phone sticker yet?

It does seem mobile payments are just the most publicised and for consumers the introductory use of NFC, with a lot of other stuff in the pipeline. Looks like for example NFC will be used for access control, like a sort of combined id card and key to get into secured buildings and so on. And NFC tags on objects or products may provide info about them, even as spoken words.

What NFC functionality is relevant to domains? No doubt equipment and software services, but whether NFC will become widely used as a general word - with value - is still open imo. Is there a lot of value in domains with USB, WAP, RFID, DNS, DN, FX, IP, ISP, PPC, ETHERNET, WIFI, BLUETOOTH, GPS ?

Is there a lot of value with domains referring to money, cash, payments? Probably, and that is what we're playing for here with the whole wallet, tap, wave thing...namely what happens when money goes virtual. If the big players go with some variation of "wallet" for their product name and others can create white label wallets and then others can insert products or publicity into wallets, then wallet starts to look a lot better than it did. And tap sounds a lot better than it did even a few months ago.

Last edited:
•••
And tap sounds a lot better than it did even a few months ago.

I agree, I think "TAP" somewhere in the domain name (tap...com or ...tap.com) will be more marketable and memorable than nfc.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I have had some who-is info checked on my domains this month, a few noticeable ones are -

888WALLET.COM - 17
CASHMSG.COM - 21
FILMWALLET.COM - 31
TAP2ACCESS.COM - 25
TAP2TRAVEL.COM - 33
PAY2PHONE.COM - 12
PAYBYNFC.COM - 10
NFCDOLLAR.COM - 11
NFCDOUGH.COM - 11
MOBILEMONEYADVISOR.COM - 10

Anyone else having a few lookups ?

•••
I have had some who-is info checked on my domains this month, a few noticeable ones are -

888WALLET.COM - 17
CASHMSG.COM - 21
FILMWALLET.COM - 31
TAP2ACCESS.COM - 25
TAP2TRAVEL.COM - 33
PAY2PHONE.COM - 12
PAYBYNFC.COM - 10
NFCDOLLAR.COM - 11
NFCDOUGH.COM - 11
MOBILEMONEYADVISOR.COM - 10

Anyone else having a few lookups ?

All .COMs

WALLET123 - 104 (Yet know one has contacted me on it..hhmm)
WALLET2WALLET - 14
WALLETONTAP - 7
WALLETTOWALLET - 10

•••
I can bet these are all fellow domainers checking the whois on these names

•••
Here is a video to introduce you to NFC tags and the NFC Task Launcher

[ame="http://youtu.be/LnqmyNEQPq0"]http://youtu.be/LnqmyNEQPq0[/ame]

•••
•••
Is there a lot of value in domains with USB, WAP, RFID, DNS, DN, FX, IP, ISP, PPC, ETHERNET, WIFI, BLUETOOTH, GPS ?
Just saw this sale reported on Sedo: sipgateway.com 2,750 USD

Anyone got any domains in the new .pirate extension?
http://dotpirate.me/
Thread about it here:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/757213-pirate-new-free-domain-extension-via.html
nfc and tap were taken, wallet was not. Nice name for the inevitable digital pickpockets and malware.

•••
Just saw this sale reported on Sedo: sipgateway.com 2,750 USD

Isn't SIP related to SIPX servers/technology? That's a nice sale.

I think there is a market for good SIP names- companies providing services/support for medium-large enterprises would buy them.

:wave:

•••
Picked up a drop using a $2 go-daddy code ( SHOWERS )

TAP247.com

Last edited:
•••

TAP247.com

Nice name. Don't mean to get off topic, but what site do you use to check for drops?

•••

TAP247.com

You lucky dog.
I am surprised I didn't catch that one :)

•••
You experts do realize that with NFC technology there is zero security.
It's another technology botched under the guise of 'convenience'.
How do you incorporate this in your investments ?

•••
•••
•••
You experts do realize that with NFC technology there is zero security.
It's another technology botched under the guise of 'convenience'.
How do you incorporate this in your investments ?

It's "inherently" secure by virtue of being "near field". That's the selling point.
But there is an IF.
Relay attacks are possible, misappropriation is possible.. and finally the issue of POS trust. A lot of this is true today with Credit Cards.

Credit Card companies HATE the natural insurance/fraud protection that comes with CC. I'm sure they're planning to get rid of that feature (the CC will be a pay option initially with your bank (no protection) also there).

More concerning:

Privacy concerns and regulation ARE miles behind technology innovation... but people seem to be willing to be exploited. The last thing I want is a personal tracker and behavioural monitoring system on the same appliance that has my contacts. Queue: Debit / Credit Cards that require a PIN. Also known as: existing technology.

A lot of the innovation is less about purchasing power and more about data aggregation and marketing.

I'm sure the NSA is watching VERY CLOSELY.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

9 million NFC phones on pre-order from more than 100 mobile networks ( galaxy s3 )

http://www.nfcworld.com/2012/05/18/315785/9m-nfc-phones-on-order/

That's more about the phone than NFC,imho. I have a Galaxy S II and it's a nice phone =)

•••
That's more about the phone than NFC,imho. I have a Galaxy S II and it's a nice phone =)

I didnt think for one minute that the 9 million pre-orders was just for the nfc, I was just pointing out and maybe nfcworld were, that the sales may result in potentially 9 million mobile wallet users via nfc, and potentially 9 million people will tap with their friends phone to share music, games, photos etc...via nfc tech.

Last edited:
•••
Traffic this month (not inc whois):

CheckInTap.com - 13
ConnectTap.com - 11
Tap4.It - 8
mCash.co - 7
iPayment.me - 5
TapToFight.com - 5
TapToFollow.com - 4
TapToShareIt.com - 4
TapToLikeIt.com - 3
TapForWiFi.com - 3
TapFor.Info - 2

Were at zero up until late last year.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
. Is there a lot of value in domains with USB, WAP, RFID, DNS, DN, FX, IP, ISP, PPC, ETHERNET, WIFI, BLUETOOTH, GPS ?

saw these sales reported on DNjournal this week:

Mobile-Hotspot.com $6,287,
GPSWatch.com $6000,
mobilewizard.com $3,850

Also found an interesting site offering a new coupon system for retailers:
tiktap.com
Welcome to the new world of contactless mobile coupon and voucher redemption at point of sale – years ahead of NFC technologies, and without the use of loyalty cards or paper coupons!

Through our unique TikTap pod, merchants and partners can offer multiple local everyday deals, coupons and vouchers which consumers select through an app and redeem in-store via their own mobile phone.*

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back