NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks fantasy, that's reassuring..... it just seems more risky (in comparison to the forums where you can see who left feedback for who and a general idea of what for) to sell and be at the mercy of whoever wins being legit. wowzers, you have been selling domains on ebay since 99?! awesome! maybe i WILL give ebay a go for some double and triple premiums (despite my previous speculative post regarding why the venue "can" be bad for domain sales) since some of the posted ones are certainly better than what the same domain would likely fetch on the forum..... although, curiously, there are a few recent ebay sales listed on llllsales that are ALREADY back on ebay for the same price :-/.....

•••
although, curiously, there are a few recent ebay sales listed on llllsales that are ALREADY back on ebay for the same price :-/.....
I've had a look at the results and see what you mean. It just doesn't seem likely. I suspect there's a problem with the llllsales website's algorithm. It automatically (somehow) picks up domains that have been re-listed. However, the domains you mention are, I think, best offer sales which have ended early due to a good offer. llllsales apparently doesn't realise they have ended, so lists them as still (back) in auction.

I know the webmaster follows this thread, but I'll drop him a pm as well just in case he misses it.

Thanks for pointing that out.

•••
wowzers, you have been selling domains on ebay since 99?! awesome!
I have been selling domains on there for 3 years. I have been selling other stuff on there since 99'. :music:

•••
DNJournal.com Report:

ciku.com $5,201 (Sedo)
cles.com $4,000 (Sedo)
yuzu.com $4,000 (Sedo)
avfc.com $3,500 (NJ)
boox.com $3,000 (Sedo)
noem.com $2,952 (Sedo)
tois.com $2,801 (Sedo)
deha.com $2,506 (Sedo)
navc.com $2,500 (Sedo)
vieu.com $2,499 (Sedo)
idel.com $2,100 (NJ)

Sameh

•••
curiously, there are a few recent ebay sales listed on llllsales that are ALREADY back on ebay for the same price :-/.....

It turns out it was a problem with buy-it-now auctions. When BIN is used and the auction ends early, the auction was staying on the site until the original end date of the auction. I fixed the problem so it should be an issue anymore. Thank you for pointing out the bug and feel free to let me know if you have any other problems with the site.

•••
Namejet sales:
NMTV.COM
$4,588

KUFE.COM
$1,678

ISNB.COM
$202

•••
Yesterday on eBay -

vsiz.com $138.50

•••
thanks for the quick clarification! my concern wasn't with a bug on the site (i am VERY grateful for the data there!), but rather a concern that maybe a domain HAD been won, but it was a fake bid and the recent "buyer" put it back on the block shortly thereafter with the hope that some sucker would bite given it's previous performance.... glad that isn't the case and glad that LLLLsales info will be even more refined/accurate! SP

It turns out it was a problem with buy-it-now auctions. When BIN is used and the auction ends early, the auction was staying on the site until the original end date of the auction. I fixed the problem so it should be an issue anymore. Thank you for pointing out the bug and feel free to let me know if you have any other problems with the site.

•••
RAGE.COM
$49,999
Sedo

WOIS.COM
7,600 EUR ($9,300)
Sedo

•••
I have sold over 100 domains on Ebay without ever having a chargeback. Actually, I have been selling on Ebay since 1999 and I have only had one chargeback.

I've sold somewhere between 2000 and 2500 items on eBay going back to 2004 and have had far too many chargebacks. If you accept a PayPal payment from outside of the USA and the buyer uses a credit card, PayPal offers ZERO protection. My rule for eBay, or any sale really, is to only accept PayPal payments from outside of the US 1) if they pay from their PayPal balance or 2) they have a good reputation.

And always be wary of anyone who wants to buy "everything" they see. Check to see when they signed up for eBay ... how many legit purchases do they have, etc. They will often make a lot of fake sales to their friends to run up their feedback score. There were one or two countries that most of us quit selling to. I won't name them in public.

I hope I haven't repeated too much of what has already been said but I just wanted to relate my ebay experiences.

Thanks. Charles

:ghost:

•••
I've sold somewhere between 2000 and 2500 items on eBay going back to 2004 and have had far too many chargebacks.

There are other services you can use on Ebay, if Paypal is an issue for you. You will always have people out there trying to scam you, but for the post part, I have never had an issue on there with domains.

•••
Yesterday on eBay -

vemg.com $107.84

•••
Whats going on in LLLL.com land lately?

I haven't been on here for around 6 months, are prices up/down or indifferent ATM?

•••
There hasn't been a lot of change in the market in the last 6 months, IMO. Prices for quads seem to be stagnant. There seems to be a gradual increase in low-end prices though, so I think we could see a similar trend in the quality market in the next months.

On the other hand, I'm seeing more end-user interest lately.

Whats going on in LLLL.com land lately?

I haven't been on here for around 6 months, are prices up/down or indifferent ATM?

•••
There are other services you can use on Ebay, if Paypal is an issue for you. You will always have people out there trying to scam you, but for the post part, I have never had an issue on there with domains.

I'd be afraid of losing too much potential business if I didn't accept PayPal. PayPal IS a pain but they aren't at the root of the problem ... credit card theft is. People steal cards or numbers, use them a few times, then when the real owner gets the bill they "dispute" and you have a chargeback.

BUT, I think that I spoke a little too quickly. I was really referring to shoes, coins, etc. I don't recall having any trouble with domain sales. I guess those chargebacks from other sales just stuck with me and made me wary (and mad).

SO ... I would like to retract what I said earlier and say that as long as you're in the domain business, PayPal is a pretty safe payment method.

Best regards,
Charles

8^X

•••
I need some outside opinions before I respond to an offer. I have an offer of $1,300 for a premium LLLL.com that was registered in 1991. (Domain will have been registered consistently for 19 years next month).

My asking price would be closer to $2.5k (roughly double his offer). I believe he will pass on the domain name with that counter. Am I overvaluing the domain name? It is not pronounceable and only the .net is registered (But, the .net is a website)

•••
I need some outside opinions before I respond to an offer. I have an offer of $1,300 for a premium LLLL.com that was registered in 1991. (Domain will have been registered consistently for 19 years next month).

My asking price would be closer to $2.5k (roughly double his offer). I believe he will pass on the domain name with that counter. Am I overvaluing the domain name? It is not pronounceable and only the .net is registered (But, the .net is a website)

listen to your guts! do you think you'll regret selling it? 1991 is something special_\|/_

•••
listen to your guts! do you think you'll regret selling it? 1991 is something special_\|/_

Likely. Im just trying to figure out if Im seeing Stars - or if my pricing is in line with my colleagues :hi:

•••
Maybe you could look at it from another perspective.

If the extra money would come in REALLY handy, how would you feel (maybe a vacation that your friends have been pushing you to go on with them)?

Versus needing the money to catch up and get a little more comfortable with your bills.

Or lastly, you're sitting on a fat wad of cash and the money isn't all that relevant.

Just thinking out loud.

Charles :ghost:

•••
If the extra money would come in REALLY handy, how would you feel (maybe a vacation that your friends have been pushing you to go on with them)?

I could always use more money - I'm not sure anyone would ever argue that point. However, my issue is making sure I receive the most for my investments. I believe I could get this price (or atleast close to it) by flipping it amongst resellers. (I think!)

•••
Likely. Im just trying to figure out if Im seeing Stars - or if my pricing is in line with my colleagues :hi:

I see stars on Aircraft.us and dNom.com. And unless I was starving I wouldn't sell Aircraft for ten times what it's worth. dNom ??? maybe a little less, but not much.

•••
If there's nothing special about the domain besides its age I would sell. Most end users don't care about age. Some domainers do, but I doubt they will pay you more for your domain. You could sell it now or maybe you could be adding 10 more years to its age before receiving another offer.

•••
I could always use more money - I'm not sure anyone would ever argue that point. However, my issue is making sure I receive the most for my investments. I believe I could get this price (or atleast close to it) by flipping it amongst resellers. (I think!)

you said "more"? so umm I'd say hang in there with it and expect more :D

•••

OK ... here's what my big Pumpkin Head has concluded. If I was a buyer who knew nothing about the value of domains I would google up an appraisal site and offer you that amount. If you went above that number I'd feel like I was being taken and would either raise my offer by maybe 10% or back out of the deal.

Without more information on the buyer you might as well flip a coin. "You can take the money or see what's behind door number two!"

8^X

•••
some namejet sales:
iede.com
$705

dppc.com
$1,012

kvis.com
$211

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back