IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] - MovieDon Logo + Optional Character - $30-50

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design And Optional Character Design

Prize : $30.00 for logo. $50.00 for logo and character (details below)

Contest End Date & Time : 20th December 2012

Size Requirements : No requirement, min width of 400px. Larger the better :) so long as its not too square.

Color Requirements :Very flexible, Greys, Oranges, Reds, Greens, Off-White. Background will be either Orange, Light Grey or Dark Grey.

General Requirements :
Logo: The logo will be a standard logo to be used at the top of the page on my new site.

Character: This is an optional addition that I will pay extra for. I would like to have a character in the logo, and also one or two versions to use about the site, maybe a standing 'Don' and a face of the 'Don'

Additional Information :
The character is completely optional. I would be still happy to pick a logo without a character, I just wanted to reward those who make the extra effort of doing it.

So 'Don' is a crime boss, usually in the Mafia. Obviously I do not want something that looks criminal it needs to be friendly looking, but the character would need to be in a suit with a Fedora hat or similar (off-white/cream colour?). Optional cigar. (no guns or brass knuckles please!).

The site is a simple movie ratings and review site, so would like to use the face of the character about the site next to 'Dons Rating' or 'Dons review'.

I will be checking widely that characters are not copied from other sites or images. My last competition someone tried to do this :)

Any queries, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great contest, I will submit a design too :)

•••
Here's the revision. Let me know if you have any other suggestion.

VIpZw.jpg

•••
•••
This is just the concept for the character's head. I can make it into a (concept of a) logo with a full body but would like to know if this is something you may be interested in.

As you can see, Don can show different facial expressions, depending on his mood after criticizing a movie.

Feedback much appreciated :)

MovieDon001.png

•••
Hi Loko.

It looks good. Like the idea.

Would like to see more use of the character, in full body etc.

•••
•••
Thank you coolwanz

Going to be very difficult to pick a winner on Friday!

Last edited:
•••
I will post a new version by tomorrow..

•••
•••
Hat looks like its a copied image places on top (not saying it is, just looks like it). Doesn't quite follow the same design as the rest of the character.. can you make it blend in more?

Also, not keen on the light blue - try a red/white/orange colour

•••
Would like to see more use of the character, in full body etc.

Thanks for the feedback.
Some ideas, there are many variables that can be changed.
Feedback welcome :)

MovieDon006.png

•••
Loko - looks amazing.

I am not keen on the 'more cartoonish' version - stick to the standard one.

The stances are great.

The font - not really fitting in, don't like the light being uses in there so much. Try something a bit thicker and 'stronger' looking as other entrants have. Would like to see some more 'headshot' type emotions, a thumbs up/down and so on.

•••
Thanks for the feedback, will work on a revision.
Cheers

•••
•••
Thanks Namanda, I prefer the top character, the bottom one isnt quite what I am after.

Could you try that one in colour?

•••
The hat is my own creation drawn in AI.. and im working on revision

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Revision.

movie_don_1_20121219_125328.jpg

•••
Amin - I don't think the new character's face is the right style I am looking for, bit too cartoony. But the text is nice

•••
no problem.. i will post new version soon.

•••
More ideas...

MovieDon007.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks a lot Loko. Only thing now is the font still doesn't look right, I like the latest font that Key has used - something like that.

Maybe the font needs a bit of colour in it too, maybe a dark background to see how it looks?

Remember end of Thursday is the deadline, however I will be picking a winner during the day on Friday (GMT time), feel free to post revisions on Friday (not new entries) until I announce a winner here.

•••
i will post revision on friday.

•••
•••
Maybe the font needs a bit of colour in it too, maybe a dark background to see how it looks?

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some ideas with color. I've changed the font to a bigger bold and capitals.

MovieDon008.png

•••
Amin - Thanks, could do with a splash of colour though.

Loko - Thanks, gives me an idea of how the character looks with a coloured font :) Nothing else I can think of to ask for for now.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back