IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] - MovieDon Logo + Optional Character - $30-50

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design And Optional Character Design

Prize : $30.00 for logo. $50.00 for logo and character (details below)

Contest End Date & Time : 20th December 2012

Size Requirements : No requirement, min width of 400px. Larger the better :) so long as its not too square.

Color Requirements :Very flexible, Greys, Oranges, Reds, Greens, Off-White. Background will be either Orange, Light Grey or Dark Grey.

General Requirements :
Logo: The logo will be a standard logo to be used at the top of the page on my new site.

Character: This is an optional addition that I will pay extra for. I would like to have a character in the logo, and also one or two versions to use about the site, maybe a standing 'Don' and a face of the 'Don'

Additional Information :
The character is completely optional. I would be still happy to pick a logo without a character, I just wanted to reward those who make the extra effort of doing it.

So 'Don' is a crime boss, usually in the Mafia. Obviously I do not want something that looks criminal it needs to be friendly looking, but the character would need to be in a suit with a Fedora hat or similar (off-white/cream colour?). Optional cigar. (no guns or brass knuckles please!).

The site is a simple movie ratings and review site, so would like to use the face of the character about the site next to 'Dons Rating' or 'Dons review'.

I will be checking widely that characters are not copied from other sites or images. My last competition someone tried to do this :)

Any queries, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds fun! I'll try to enter soon.

•••
just an initial try
mafiacopy.jpg

•••
Thanks Amin.

The font and pale blue looks a bit too.. childish in my eyes. Also the Logo should read 'Movie Don'. The 'Don rating' and 'don review' wont be in the style of the logo they will just be normal font on the site :)

Not too keen on the sunglasses, else everything there is alright - looking for a bit more detail in the character though, not too much, but a little more in the hat/cigar. Try without the cigar too.

Thanks,

•••
Will post revision soon.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I hope u like it..
mafia.jpg

•••
Can you try some other fonts, something a more more 'movie' looking, also no background colour behind the text.

Try the character on the right hand side of the text (text on two lines?)

Hat looks a little poor quality still, but better.

Also, no brown :)

Take a look at some movie logos and some film studio logos.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The word 'movie' that font could work. Use the same font for both works - lose the movie reel in the O.

Try removing the circle around the character and using just his face (maybe add a bit of hair to give it more shape?)

Also try a grey/darker background with a cream colour clothing.

Also feel free to try something completely different :)

•••
•••
Try the clothes cream coloured, don't add a white outline :/

•••
without white stroke it will look like this
mafia.jpg

•••
Make the hat the same colour as the clothes please

•••
text color or face color ?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

working on it

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

here u go
mafia.jpg

•••
•••
u want face similar to this ?

•••
•••
working on something new :)

•••
•••
My last post is just another idea, clarified below.

Key, Thanks :)

I need the character to be to one side of the text, not above or below it - sorry if that was not clear previously.
Love the amount of detail, that's a perfect level of detail.
The background behind the text must match the background behind the character, I am not looking for blocks of colours within the logo like that.
Great start, could I see it with a few other fonts and side-by-side as mentioned above :)

And for all entrants - for the $50 payment, the requirement is that the character must be suitable to use around the site on it's own in 2 ways (the character from the logo if usable on its own counts as 1)

•••
Thanks for the feedback. Here is the revision.

ulF2Z.jpg

Also about 2 ways. You mean a standing character with similar design?

•••
Thanks Key. Could I see it on a darker background, maybe swap the brown for an 'off-white' colour?

•••
here is my revised version
mafia_copy.jpg

•••
Bit too yellow, tone it down a bit. I think there is too much 'body' on the character, trim it down or show more of him.

What I think would be great, is if the character was a full body viewed sideways, leaning against the logo text, with a spot of light below him, with one leg bent backwards, head tilted forward, hands in pocket, in a white suit.. I am sure I can find an example - maybe its a bit complex?

•••
Here is the revision with off-white and full white color as well as colored and black & white character. Let me know if you any other suggestion.

3Dw5K.jpg

•••
Key - looking good. Only thing I can ask for now is samples of other fonts, but the one used there is good. Any chance of a secondary character (same character but a different angle/full body)?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back