Dynadot

Price of blog domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone know of any sales of any [insertkeyword]blog.com domains lately? I'm trying to price one and need some frame of reference. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bonkblog.com & Blogotics.com

I registered bonkblog.com & blogotics.com for $7ea and indonesiablog.com i grabbed for $60

•••
I'm sure there are still plenty of "blog" domain variations still available for reg fee. Depends on the domain as to what the value might ultimately be tho.. specialized blogging domains would be worth more.

•••
•••
that's alot. the keyword must be golden to be that valuable (like money, internet, adult, etc).

mole said:

•••
Blog domain names are quite valuable at the moment due to the sudden boom brought on by Google.com's Blogger.com

•••
Blogs

Make a deal on Blog domains today in our marketplace here!!!!

Frank :hehe:

•••
Snapped it today.

I got MontanaBlog.com for $60 at Snapnames today . There was another bidder, but he didn't bid after his initial opening bid.

I bought it because PoliceBlog.com went for $2,600 last month (dnjournal.com reported). Maybe I'll make a touristy blog about Montana.

I drove near there once via Wyoming on my way to Minnesota. It was very nice country.

Anyone think I overpaid for this domain?

•••
homebuyer said:
Not at all. In fact, that's a steal.

•••
MontanaBlog.com

Thanks for your feedback. Where is the best place to sell it?

•••
Congratulations on your blog domain... now to sell! It depends how you want to sell it (offers, auction) and how soon you want to sell it! I wouldnt sell it too soon, and if you do sell it, remember that you have to wait 60 days before it can be transferred to another registrar!

You could wait for an end user by listing your domain name (for free) at http://www.sedo.com, whilst making money out of it at the same time.

You could list it on http://www.ebay.com , but domain names are always a bargain on ebay, meaning that you probably wont get what you feel it is worth on there.

You might get some interest from the thousands of Domainers that you have here right on your doorstep... here! You could list it for sale at an auction, offer or fixed price listing in the corresponding forum category here at NamePros!

Remember tho, you are more likely to get the most money from selling a domain name if you keep it and try more and more to actively advertise a domain name for sale and get a proper end user!

Good luck, you have a good name there for a great buying price!

- Luke :)

•••
I think Mole's price range is what I was thinking and the sale of policeblog.com on DNJ (thanks homebuer for pointing it out) confirms that.

•••
homebuyer said:
I got MontanaBlog.com for $60 at Snapnames today . There was another bidder, but he didn't bid after his initial opening bid.

I bought it because PoliceBlog.com went for $2,600 last month (dnjournal.com reported). Maybe I'll make a touristy blog about Montana.

I drove near there once via Wyoming on my way to Minnesota. It was very nice country.

I think that is a pretty good deal. I like the [City, State, Country]Blog.com names. I bought PragueBlog.com awhile ago (and still own it today) simply because it rhymed :)

•••
Blog

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's feedback about Montanablog.com. Now all 50 state blog domains are taken.

I may sell it, but not on eBay because I used them to auction off my OregonLawyers.com last August. I only netted $2,239 for it. I nearly had a heart attack as I watched the bids jump nearly $2,000 during the last 12 seconds of the auction . All in all, I think it was worth more, but was happy to sell it given that I only paid $43 for it 18 months ago using a snapnames affiliate.

I also own malpracticeblog.com. I picked it up recently for $6.95 at godaddy. Apparently, a lot of law firms are using blogs as a law practice marketing medium.

If you're considering investing in blog domains you can research the popularity of blogs by visiting http://blogsearch.google.com using its advance blog search link and typing in your desired keyword using the "with these words in the post title" box. Malpractice appears 88,130 times in the post title, so I think the domain can be put to good use.

Last edited:
•••
And what about KeywordBlog.com vs KeywordHomepage.com KeywordSpot.com or KeywordFan.com ?

Especially for a new technology for the keyword.

Last edited:
•••
good blog tip homebuyer thanks. :)

•••
Blogs are only at their start. We will see them prosperous in a year or two.

•••
I got RevoltBlog.com which soon will expire. Was thinking to have it for teenagers who felt like they were revolting against their parents, school etc.

•••
Macke said:
I got RevoltBlog.com which soon will expire. Was thinking to have it for teenagers who felt like they were revolting against their parents, school etc.
Why just teenagers? I can think of people from all age groups who are revolting. :yell:

•••
That one seems a little weird, they may not want there arguements posted on the web!! just my two cents.

•••
Blogs will be huge, best prices to my knowledge have been in to the mid /upper $xxxx and that was reseller sales FreeBlog(s).com I think and Webblogs NetBlogs went for similar prices.

I have a few including GirlBlog.com , KidsBlog.com , AnglingBlog.com and a few other goodies.

•••
I recently turned down $375 for Blogful.com. Either it was a great decision or just another of my bone head moves, I guess that remains to be seen!

•••
goodblog.com

its hard to say whats a good price, i turned down $2000 for goodblog.com. i am thinking maybe should have taken it :)

•••
Heheh this give me hope with ebloggs.com and eblogs.us.

•••
Australia said:
its hard to say whats a good price, i turned down $2000 for goodblog.com. i am thinking maybe should have taken it :)

I turned down many XXX$ offers for web-blog.com...i feel its worth at least XXXX$...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back