IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, I've got a NO for an answer! H - E - L - P me :)

Hi,

I've opened an account with Parked.com and got this e-mail:"...it does not currently meet the standards we are looking for..."

I have an account with WhyPark.com more than a year!

I'll appreciate if you can consider my application again,

Thanks,
Mira
[email protected]

•••
Hi,

I've opened an account with Parked.com and got this e-mail:"...it does not currently meet the standards we are looking for..."

I have an account with WhyPark.com more than a year!

I'll appreciate if you can consider my application again,

Thanks,
Mira
[email protected]

The WP and Parked accounts are not mutual ;)
PM on the way! :)

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

by dramatic, I mean about 2-2.5 times the RPC what I was getting before the 10th? My clicks have dropped a similar amount, so my revenue is about the same. Just wondered if this was system-wide.

MAYBE Advertisers finally "woke up" and are beginning to pay for PPC ads much more again. :tu:

•••
[edit] My last post has not appeared yet, and I was only trying to see if I could reply here again. Don't have my previous stats available right now...

•••
[edit] My last post has not appeared yet, and I was only trying to see if I could reply here again. Don't have my previous stats available right now...

There's some glitch causing some posts to get sent to the moderator. It's happening in other forums on here too. Not sure why.

Ron

•••
There's some glitch causing some posts to get sent to the moderator. It's happening in other forums on here too. Not sure why.

Ron

This is interesting...Can you please explain more?

•••
Occasionally when submitting a post, instead of it posting immediately, the poster instead gets redirected to a screen that says, to paraphrase, "Your post has been sent to the moderator for review".

Ron

•••
SDX said:
MAYBE Advertisers finally "woke up" and are beginning to pay for PPC ads much more again.

So you have experienced the same increased RPC since the 9th?

•••
Occasionally when submitting a post, instead of it posting immediately, the poster instead gets redirected to a screen that says, to paraphrase, "Your post has been sent to the moderator for review".

Ron

That's what happened to me, but it's been days since. The message was also less pleasant than that, more like a pronouncement that "you" are no longer allowed to reply in the thread unless it is first approved by a moderator. (Say what? LOL) I wrote a message afterwards through the contact page with the heading "You've got to be kidding, right?" LOL :)

My original post was about a domain at Parked that I have had big doubts about for a long time now, and I'm finally motivated to ask a few questions in a forum. I only have less than 20 there now, down from close to 1,000, and I do virtually no parking anymore either. This is one I host outside and forward with a 301 redirect. It gets natural type in traffic - not a lot, but enduring over time. It also used to get searched for directly by full name, by exact keyword, and sometimes by name with a space added between some of its parts. The point is that while it is not the #1 of its category (a certain financial related domain), it is among the few best possible runner-ups to the #1 of its kind, and clearly a top of mind natural phrase that people both type in and search for over time. Anyway, to make a long story short, what are you supposed to make of it when your hosting traffic indicates much more visitors than the Parked stats? For example, so far in Parked it says 3 visitors, 1 search, 1 click. In the old days those clicks could get over $4-5 or more, but now we're talking much less, practically next to nothing really. The hosting traffic stats show considerably more visitors, however, 15 so far - 2 of which should be me editing/checking the page in the Parked account, only 1 spider, 1 affiliate account "quality" check, and 11 more. In my post from some days ago, there was a similar discrepancy as well. So, is it time to pull it out of Parked? Is the red flag really as red as it gets? I've had a bad feeling about this one for some time and there just seems to be a big credibility gap with this domain, maybe another as well, even factoring in any considerations such as reduced traffic and lower CPC's since its best days of the past. More importantly, what does this kind of thing say about the big picture as well?

Last edited:
•••
The moderation redirect seemingly happens at random - I've had it happen on short posts, long posts, some with links, some without. I've long been in the habit on forums of first copying my messages to the clipboard (very long ones into notepad) before clicking the Post button.

The parking industry is on the decline - moving the domain elsewhere may not make any meaningful difference.

I'd suggest tweaking the domain appearance / keywords in your Parked control panel to see what that does; contacting support for their suggestions.

With all that said, if you're earning practically nothing now, it doesn't hurt to try it out at some other parking places to see what happens.

On a related note, if you do move it and the stats improve, realize that some of that could be due to manipulation. That is new affiliates could be under lighter filtering and/or given a bit extra on clicks to make the program look fantastic, and then over time the clicks and payout is reduced. Not sure if that's a common tactic with parking companies, but it sure is with adult affiliate companies.

Ron

•••
Thanks for your post, Ron. I guess what concerns me with this as much as the decline in general is the big question mark it raises to put it mildly. Whether it's parking or affiliate marketing (etc.), it sure seems like there ought to be much more balance in terms of the affiliate's and the parker's assurance of data integrity and meaningful access to data to begin with. One can definitely become "disenchanted" with certain realities and the indicators of such...Well, I guess I will move it into something else if I can get around to it soon, though it would have been nice to be able to feel good about leaving it where it is.

•••
hi

hi everyone, let me introduce myself
my name is putri and im so interest in joining parked
does anyone can help me?

Thank You.. :)

•••
Hello, I have moved from Sedo to Parked, it seems that Parked.com is not paying good per clicks. I get about 12-15 clicks per day and the RPC is always .01 cents. And for some reason the revenue always changes sometimes I have 12 clicks and might have .05 cents total. Parked.com is very fishy, not as great as people say it is.

•••
Guys:
Check your accounts for blocked/banned domains:
Under:
account information
Domain rating

(I learned the hard way , had some domains blocked for quite sometime )

•••
Do they not allow adult names any longer?

I like to play by the rules, and I never heard of them doing away with allowing them yet I have a couple blocked. Is this something new? If so, I will be removing the rest that are in my portfolio and develop them instead of parking.

•••
Adult names still go to yahoo. No need to remove all your adult names just because a couple are blocked

•••
•••
That's good to know. Did your clicks drop too, so your revenue was about the same?

•••
Guys:
Under:
account information
Domain rating

Thanks for the heads up .. Rep ++

I was just checking mine and I noticed that TypeSpeedTest(dot)com is rated as Trademark! :)

•••
Thanks for the heads up .. Rep ++

I was just checking mine and I noticed that TypeSpeedTest(dot)com is rated as Trademark! :)

I think you can ask your account manager to have yahoo review the name again in a more "human" way

•••
I am a little shocked nobody from the company bother to let us know, I had 15 domains either banned or blocked for different reason (a few deserving it he he), so a few friends are finding out the hard way.

The reviews from Yahoo can take up to a few months, don't wait standing...

•••
Guys:
Under:
account information
Domain rating

Very useful post. I wasn't aware of this. Rep added. However, from what I can gather, 'Blocked' doesn't necessarily mean that the domain is blocked from receiving clicks or making revenue. It merely means that a one click lander of PPC ads is displayed rather than displaying domain results which could potentially show controversial or otherwise undesirable categories which could offend some people.

I received 5 clicks and revenue from a 'Blocked' domain yesterday. I always wondered why that particular name qualified for a one click lander. It's actually a very good system IMO.

•••
Thanks for sharing...
An email is in order with explanations pronto from the Horse's mouth.

•••
Thanks for sharing...
An email is in order with explanations pronto from the Horse's mouth.

Yes I would like an explanation of this as well? A lot of my names either controversial, banned, quality banned, or trademarked bring in some good amount of traffics and clicks

•••
Domo Sapiens repped :)

i saw Controversial as domain rating for a cvcv.org :cy:

any 1 knows this :P ?

Edit : just saw WORDSWORTH reply :D

•••
from Parked:
" Yahoo classifies certain sensitive domains into certain categories based on several factors. The domain rating in your account simply shows you those domains that are specifically rated by Yahoo. Those domains classified as Adult, Alcohol, Tobacco, Weapons, and Restricted can all still be monetized through our Yahoo feed (but you cannot change the content to something in another category. For example, if you owned guns.com, you could not set the keyword to "childrens stories" or something else unrelated to guns or weapons). Yahoo will hardcode that domain in the weapons category). The ad feed is still the Yahoo feed.
Domains that are otherwise categorized as Banned, Controversial, Quality Block, and Trademark means that these domains will not be accepted by Yahoo at all, so if possible, they are monetized through our secondary feeds."

(You can ask for a review of domains affected)
eg:
I had cajadebombones .com (chocolate box) banned as controversial because of the word "bomb" in it.

AutosExoticos .com cat as adult because "sex' is there ...

cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back