NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eg.domains said:
What about Amazon .. have you tried it before ?

I gave it serious contemplation but erred on the side of caution - they probably wouldn't appreciate their content on a parked page. One thing about amazon though - they quickly answer any such questions, so it might be worth running it by them to see if they approve it or not.

•••
is everyones stats updating?

•••
Janiema,
Some of our estimates today are a little behind because of some of our beginning year cleanup processes that we have been running. And it's mainly because we just finalized the data for 1/1.

I'd give it about 30-45 minutes and it should be all caught up.

Donny

•••
Just got this email.........................

Re: Legal Notice of Class Action Settlement Affecting Your Rights

Legal Notice:

If you purchased online advertising from IAC Search & Media, Inc. and/or Ask Jeeves, Inc. (collectively "Ask") between August 1, 2005 and the present, you may be a class member in a class-action lawsuit, Lane's Gifts and Collectibles et al. v. Ask Jeeves, Inc. et al., Case No. CV-2005-52-1, in the Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas. This notice advises you of your legal rights.

You should review the detailed Settlement Notice as soon as possible, as there are several important deadlines that you must meet to take certain actions in connection with a proposed settlement of the class action lawsuit. Your legal rights are affected whether you act or do not act. The deadline for filing an objection or excluding yourself from the proposed settlement is February 2, 2008, and the last day to file a claim under the proposed settlement is February 2, 2008. For further information, please refer to the Settlement Notice.

The Settlement Notice informs you of the Court's certification of a class for settlement purposes; the nature of the claims alleged; your right to participate in, or exclude yourself from, the class; a proposed settlement; and how you can claim an award of advertising credits under the settlement or object to the settlement.

The proposed settlement will provide advertising credits to class members who certify that they were the victims of "click fraud" or other invalid or improper clicks on online advertisements purchased from IAC Search & Media, Inc. and/or Ask Jeeves, Inc. on or after August 1, 2005.

The proposed settlement will resolve claims that IAC Search & Media, Inc. and/or Ask Jeeves, Inc. breached its contracts with advertisers and violated other laws by failing to adequately detect and stop "click fraud" or other invalid or improper clicks on online advertisements.

If you are a member of the class, your legal rights are affected by whether you act or do not act.

For a copy of the Settlement Notice, click on the link, or visit the case website at __________________.

To file a claim for your award of advertising credits under the settlement, click on __________________. Each advertiser will be allowed one claim per account.

Last edited:
•••
Donny,

I noticed stats on higher RPC domains has been down the last few days any idea why?

•••
DnPresident said:

Legal Notice:

If you purchased online advertising from IAC Search & Media, Inc. and/or Ask Jeeves, Inc. (collectively "Ask") between August 1, 2005 and the present, you may be a class member in a class-action lawsuit, Lane's Gifts and Collectibles et al. v. Ask Jeeves, Inc. et al., Case No. CV-2005-52-1, in the Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas. This notice advises you of your legal rights.

Hunh. I got one of these yesterday too; on behalf of a client, exact same plaintiff, only it was about Looksmart, not Ask.

•••
SORRY!!!!!!

By mistakly I posted here instead of posting there.

Sorry again for the mistake.
Amma

Last edited:
•••
Amma said:
I'm getting Error: "Page cannot be displayed" for all my domain parked at IMODO.
I guess you could find more appropriate response at IMODO thread :)

DnPresident said:

Legal Notice:

If you purchased online advertising from ...
Two emails for me - concerning Ask and LookSmart :td:

•••
John Doe said:
Two emails for me - concerning Ask and LookSmart :td:

They may get these all the time.....Just the first time they've sent me one. There conversion rate was very low but they recently sent me an email that they had a better source of traffic now so I may give another go and just set my daily limit low until I see that they can deliver quality results.

•••
^ so what's this relation to parked?

•••
I'll respond to other questions when I get to the office, but you are probably getting Looksmart and Ask problems at the same time as Ask actually uses the Looksmart AdCenter. So I'm assuming that means they also use the same fraud system as well.

This has no relationship wiith Parked.com except that we use Ask as our secondary provider. I have seen some of these in the past for Yahoo as well.

Donny

•••
Ask actually uses the Looksmart AdCenter

Hmm, I didn't know that. Explains a lot. Thanks.

•••
Hey Donny on the spot question

Who is the best account manager at Parked?

•••
Donny said:
I'll respond to other questions when I get to the office,
Donny

Donny is there Any chance you can get back to me today on the recent emails I've sent you? I know it's a busy time of the year.

Dave Crutcher

•••
janiema said:
Hey Donny on the spot question

Who is the best account manager at Parked?
I don't think that this is a question that can possibly be answered while keeping integrity to his staff...

M.

•••
janiema - It all depends on what you are looking for. Everybody is good at different things.

Dave - I'm trying, I had a bomb dropped on my lap this morning. I need a vacation.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
janiema - It all depends on what you are looking for. Everybody is good at different things.

Dave - I'm trying, I had a bomb dropped on my lap this morning. I need a vacation.

Donny
A real bomb ?

•••
Donny said:
I need a vacation.

Donny

Ok

Everyone pitch in so he can go the Cayman Islands or somewhere tropical :hehe:

•••
whitebark said:
I gave it serious contemplation but erred on the side of caution - they probably wouldn't appreciate their content on a parked page. One thing about amazon though - they quickly answer any such questions, so it might be worth running it by them to see if they approve it or not.
I emailed Amazon and got the answer :)

Hello and thanks for writing to the Associates Program.

You are welcome to post links on a website with a parked domain. If
you need assistance with doing this, please write back to us with more
information and we will be happy to assist you.

•••
eg.domains, thank you for this info. Rep sent!

•••
SIGNUP NOT WORKING....for me anyway.

Hello Donny,

I tried to signup with Parked yesterday and completed everything but kept getting errors for my password and username submission.

Now, I tried 7-8 different combos and I am pretty sure something should have worked.

So, if you had low, new member submissions recently, that may be the problem. Otherwise, please help me.

I have healthy monthly revenues ($,$$$) and can contribute. You should have some of my info and domains from yesterday.

Please pm.

Thanks,
Paul

•••
I just made 0.5 cents for one click which came from United States. I've heard that Parked.com pays much higher for US traffic. I normally get 0.5 cents from Indian traffic but not US. Am I missing something here?

•••
anyone having problems getting onto parked.com?

•••
How do I install a google "Meta" tag on my parked domain? I tried and when I went to verify the tag with google it would say it could not verify.

Can I add my own affiliate links to my parked domains at Parked.com?

Thanks for all the help, I am a newbie and I am trying to learn.

Thanks,

Xio1

•••
Xio1 - We can not currently handle the Yahoo or Google Meta tag you are talking about.

janiema - I haven't seen any problems logging in.

cybermonkey - They clicked on #4, for himalayansherpa, that's big money! :)

has2hands - We have had over 100 people signup today. Maybe try it again and if you have the same problem, send me the exact errors.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back