Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah I dont think the deal had been exclusive before that. Maybe ask's payouts will go up some

•••
Very interesting... how do you all think this will effect us?

•••
janiema said:
Separately, Diller announced during a conference call Monday morning that IAC reached a new agreeement with Google that makes Google the exclusive provider of sponsored search results on IAC’s Ask.com for the next five years. Diller said the deal is worth more than $3.5 billion for the new IAC. The company’s current deal with Google was set to expire at the end of this year. Diller had previously said he was talking with Microsoft and Yahoo — in addition to Google — about the possibility of striking a sponsored listings deal.

That's a good news, knowing Ask.com is getting to ppc business last time I checked.

•••
hoping an increase in revenue because parked uses asked as a secondary feed provider. Now it will really be all google ads for the most part

•••
janiema said:
hoping an increase in revenue because parked uses asked as a secondary feed provider. Now it will really be all google ads for the most part

Is this true donny?

•••
janiema said:
... Now it will really be all google ads for the most part

You don't mean for parked as a whole, right?

•••
Yahoo probably would veto google being involved in the Yahoo-Parked relationship. But lets see what Donny says about it.

•••
johname said:
Yahoo probably would veto google being involved in the Yahoo-Parked relationship. But lets see what Donny says about it.

Yes interesting to know. Trafficclub used to mixed feeds from different provider, ending up losing it.

•••
I'm not sure why this would be such a big deal for parked.com.

Ask.com is merely a secondary provider for parked, and it was serving Google ads anyway.
:imho:

•••
How long does it take for an account manager to answer a question? I know it's the holiday season, but just wondering since it's been a couple days.

•••
Fka200 said:
How long does it take for an account manager to answer a question? I know it's the holiday season, but just wondering since it's been a couple days.

It's usually very fast, sometimes even outside normal business hours.

•••
janiema said:

From what I know ask.com is and was a syndicated google anyways. They also have their own set of advertisers that are only USA and Ca.

Google just fills in what ask.com does not have on their own if I am not mistaken???

From what janiema said is the contract that ask.com ended on Jan 1st so Diller waited til Dec31 to sign a new contract.

Most likely Larry Page sent him 1,000 cases of his BEST stuff that day to seal the deal. he he he he

Honest I think this will have no impact at all. It's just a contract extention from what I can tell???

•••
The last I heard Ask had already signed a new contract with Google a few months ago for their partners like us. But they hadn't signed anything for Ask.com. I do know they were talking to Yahoo, MSN, and Google for the Ask.com contract. The first I heard that they had signed with Google again was when it was posted on here.

I would hope that Ask would pass any revenue increase our way, but only time will tell since it will probably take some time to get the new contract implemented. Just like we are about to do.

But the new Ask contract means that everything will work exactly like it did before. Yahoo is our primary and Ask is our secondary.

fka200 - Usually less than a day. I don't see any open tickets on your account. I'm assuming you must have sent him an email directly? If not send me the ticket or just what the problem is via PM.

Donny

•••
So, Donny, Happy New Year, and since Michigan did quite well in its bowl game, I can hope LSU beats the pants off of Ohio State for you.

(Someone at the game was holding up a banner that read "When you can get RICH why settle for LES - ork ork ork!)

So... when are we going to start seeing all these new way cool enhancements at Parked that you've been hinting at ... ?

•••
Anyone placed affiliate links (CJ / Amazon) and had sales/leads ?

I'm willing to try with some product domains.

•••
eg.domains said:
Anyone placed affiliate links (CJ / Amazon) and had sales/leads ?

I'm willing to try with some product domains.

I've thought about it, but I can't see too many CJ advertisers wanting their ads on parked pages. On a couple of high traffic adult .ca's i used adultfriendfinder and have had a couple of conversions - but the rate is extremely low.

•••
whitebark said:
I've thought about it, but I can't see too many CJ advertisers wanting their ads on parked pages. On a couple of high traffic adult .ca's i used adultfriendfinder and have had a couple of conversions - but the rate is extremely low.
What about Amazon .. have you tried it before ?

•••
netmeg - That is an awesome sign. :) I hope LSU wins, but you never know, it's been one of those years.

As far as some new features they will be coming soon. Mainly we have been working on the backend trying to beef up everything. In another week or so I will have to bring the Parked.com website down for about 12 hours as we replace a large portion of the hardware that is used to process stats and store data. This is the first of many steps that we will doing in the first quarter. Some of our new tools that we are working on are awesome so far, but until I'm really testing them they are only ideas. Our first meeting of the year will be Monday, so once that is over I should have a better understanding on when everything will be finished.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
In another week or so I will have to bring the Parked.com website down for about 12 hours
Donny
12 hrs without giving in to my addiction of refreshing the Dashboard???? What are the ones going to do that are going through withdrawal symptoms???? D-:

M.

•••
Call it information overload. :) We will be replacing two servers with six servers and each of them will be quad core, quad proc boxes. And we will have 15x more diskspace.

It will be worth it.

Donny

•••
Just checked, there was a response. Didn't get an e-mail, that's why I figured there was no response! I'm in communication with Monte, I'm sure there's nothing that can be done about the situation anyways.

•••
whitebark said:
My parked.com portfolio ctr for the pay period - 60.42%. Some domains have over 100% ctr.

Keep working at the keywords. If it isn't working - change it! Watch the referrer information - especially those coming from the search engines, as they leave a clue as to what they are looking for. I've also noticed the ctr increase on some just by changing the images on the template.

Thanks for the info for a parked newbie - rep added.

thanks again, Gary.

•••
Donny said:
netmeg - That is an awesome sign. :) I hope LSU wins, but you never know, it's been one of those years.

As far as some new features they will be coming soon. Mainly we have been working on the backend trying to beef up everything. In another week or so I will have to bring the Parked.com website down for about 12 hours as we replace a large portion of the hardware that is used to process stats and store data. This is the first of many steps that we will doing in the first quarter. Some of our new tools that we are working on are awesome so far, but until I'm really testing them they are only ideas. Our first meeting of the year will be Monday, so once that is over I should have a better understanding on when everything will be finished.

Donny

Donny can you give us a couple days notice of this so we can pause arbitrage etc? Also so i can take my wife somehwere and make her happy I am away from my computer for 12 hours

One last thing how do you guys change pictures? I cant find more pictures on parked.com anywhere

•••
Your domains will work perfectly fine, it will just be the parked.com interface. You will continue making money, you just can't check to see how much. :)

janiema - You can't find how to change your images?

Donny

•••
no I must be an idiot because everyone else sees where to do it I have just never asked which makes me even dumber

anyones stats closed today?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back