Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My average for this pay period, considering ALL domains with traffic is: 46.27% CTR.
However, that includes one of my heavy traffic domains (500+ uniques this pay period) that has only 4.88% CTR, which takes my overall CTR value way down.
On the flip side, my best domain retains a 88% CTR value consistently over the past months...and it's a .info ;)

M.

•••
My top five earners for the month are 46.81%, 112.29%, 100.40%, 113.71% and 69.16% CTR.

I believe the best way to higher CTR is the most absolutely laser focused relevant keyword you can come up with. The more specific and less general the better. If the ads are relevant to the traffic, people will click on 'em. More than one of them.

•••
Here's wishing Donny and the Parked.com gang as well as all Domainers at NamePros, a Happy New Year, with a special thank you to Varon, Netmeg, Mike (intelbank), Kriss, Jason, just to name a few who made 2007 a memorable year of learning experience.

May 2008 be filled with success to you all!

GIL :)

•••
Date ▼ Visitors Clicks RPM CTR RPC Revenue
2007-12-31 * 834 539 $183.35 64.63% $0.28 $152.91

my portfolio as a whole today

•••
janiema said:
Date ▼ Visitors Clicks RPM CTR RPC Revenue
2007-12-31 * 834 539 $183.35 64.63% $0.28 $152.91

my portfolio as a whole today
Very nice! Congrats! That's the way to end a year and prepare for 2008! :)

Unfortunately, for me it's shaping up to be one of the worst days i've had of late. The good thing about this, it can only get better in 2008 ;)

Thanks for mentioning me Gil, but compared to the vast amount of knowledge that especially Netmeg and Varon have contributed to the success of many NPers, i'm barely existing. Nonetheless, I'm honored to be named alongside.

Also from my side, to all NPers, parked.com users, Donny!, Netmeg, Varon and countless others - a Happy New Year and a healthy, successful and enjoyable 2008!

M.

•••
My parked.com portfolio ctr for the pay period - 60.42%. Some domains have over 100% ctr.

Keep working at the keywords. If it isn't working - change it! Watch the referrer information - especially those coming from the search engines, as they leave a clue as to what they are looking for. I've also noticed the ctr increase on some just by changing the images on the template.

•••
Drop In Estimates?

Anyone experience a revenue drop in the last hour? I went from about $250 (the last time I checked) down to $199 for today's revenue...

Looking over an email I sent of the stats earlier in the day the RPC is almost identical if not higher on some domains...

I don't think I've ever had revenue drop during the course of the day.

•••
Thanks Gilsan and Mike. :) I really wish I had better knowledge to share, but I'm still a beginner. I am working on a complete domain monetizing site, where I want to try my best to share the little knowledge I have gained, to every aspiring domainer. I just hope that everyone of us becomes more successful this new year. We can really do it...one day at a time. Just keep the faith. :)

Last edited:
•••
domainer50 said:
30%CTR??? And your complaining? Hmm, I must be missing something.

Oh Ok, guess i should stop my b*tchin then.

•••
Yea; thanks and good wishes to all, but remember I'm even more of a beginner than Varon - I only just started all this in August, and got heavy into it in November. I know some stuff about search engines, but for the rest of it - I'm guessing, just like everyone else. We can each of us only do what seems to make sense.

•••
Everyone start from something, so you're ok.

•••
Ditto Thanks

Ditto Thanks to Donny!, Netmeg, Varon, TheWatcher, Trisker and countless others - a Happy New Year and a healthy, successful and enjoyable 2008!

•••
GDTech said:
Anyone experience a revenue drop in the last hour? I went from about $250 (the last time I checked) down to $199 for today's revenue...

Looking over an email I sent of the stats earlier in the day the RPC is almost identical if not higher on some domains...

I don't think I've ever had revenue drop during the course of the day.

This was going on a few weeks back as well had to do with a bot from one of the search engines donny couldnt control he said. maybe he will respond tomorrow

•••
Currently with ParkingPanel but I have decided to give Parked a go, submitted my 10 names as requested but got rejected by them.

I have over 400 names & couldn't get in! Why is it so difficult to get into Parked???

In order for Parked.com to pay industry leading payouts we have to ensure traffic quality for our network is of the highest standards. Our traffic quality department has analyzed your application and has determined that it does not currently meet the standards we are looking for in new Parked.com partners.

•••
htmlindex said:
Currently with ParkingPanel but I have decided to give Parked a go, submitted my 10 names as requested but got rejected by them.

I have over 400 names & couldn't get in! Why is it so difficult to get into Parked???
I sent you a PM regarding approval and such.

I have no idea what criteria parked.com is using to accept new applicants. Assumingly, there are tons of different points of view and ways for them to evaluate the submitted domains. I'm thinking that as rule of thumb, it would be best to submit your main revenue generators and exceed the 10 minimum to give them a more accurate picture of your portfolio.

'tis all :imho:

M.

•••
Datalife said:
Hi, does anyone know the exact requirements to get into Parked?

I do not believe a referrer link is enough, is it?

Previously I tried applying with a few lousy ones...and was rejected :(

The tendency for most domainers is to submit a few non-performing names over to another parking company and see what happens. Companies like parked have their own criteria (for obvious reasons).

I suggest you reapply with as many premium names across as you can. Parked is a great company and I've personally had domains make up to 3 * more on Parked than elsewhere. :xf.love:

•••
Also, make sure you don't use a free email service, like gmail or hotmail or yahoo; my understanding is that those are declined right off the bat.

•••
I know this is a little early for some, and for me, but Happy New Years! This should be a great year.

Donny

•••
htmlindex said:

Submit more than 10 domains. Do not submit your worst names. Provide as much as possible type-in and strong keyword .coms. PM for referral if needed.

Happy New Year! :tu:

•••
Happy New Year Everyone.

Some guy is going to do a live motorcylce jump on ESPN after the clemson auburn game (which is 17-17 with about one min left. So i am not going anywhere lol

Hes going to jump a football feild in Ls Vegas 310 feet

Last edited:
•••
I heard about that; guess I'll turn it on. I had all kinds of big plans but we're supposed to get up to a foot of snow tonight (or more) so that kind of ruined my New Year's Eve. So I went out and bought some more domains and sent them over to Parked (to keep in theme with this item)

(ork ork)

•••
the good thing about buying domains on dec 31 is you can remember when they expire

•••
yep. got a nice hangover one too.

•••
Separately, Diller announced during a conference call Monday morning that IAC reached a new agreeement with Google that makes Google the exclusive provider of sponsored search results on IAC’s Ask.com for the next five years. Diller said the deal is worth more than $3.5 billion for the new IAC. The company’s current deal with Google was set to expire at the end of this year. Diller had previously said he was talking with Microsoft and Yahoo — in addition to Google — about the possibility of striking a sponsored listings deal.

•••
I hadn't heard that one yet. Thanks for the news.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back