NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, it's not a question of football or day of the week, at least not with mine. They're all down across the board. I suspect that last Yahoo update buried them.

•••
I haven't been doing too well since arbitrage was killed. However, in the past 2 weeks (prior pay period), i've seen a slight upswing.
This pay period is a different story, though. Only one big number with a $9.95 click .... a one hit wonder :( The rest is way below the usual.

M.

•••
New markets for Yahoo. On Wednesday night Yahoo is scheduled to add the following markets.

1. India
2. South East Asia: Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia
3. Latin America: Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile and Argentina

Mexico already exists today, but will be moving to the Latin America market from the US market.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
New markets for Yahoo. On Wednesday night Yahoo is scheduled to add the following markets.

1. India
2. South East Asia: Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia

Mexico already exists today, but will be moving to the Latin America market from the US market.

Donny
Great News :tu:

•••
Parked.com

Donny said:

1. India

Donny

Looking forward to the increase in traffic Donny. I've got a few names with you that to aim towards the spanish market.

•••
Really glad to see the #1 country Donny mentioned. My .in and .co.ins might be in for a nice PPC jump :)

•••
One good reason to join Parked for all stubborn people parking at www.S3do.com

•••
Donny said:

1. India

Donny
Donny,
Besides these new additions, is it possible to give us a list of all countries outside of the USA.
Thanks

•••
The total list of countries that Yahoo supports as of today, which does not include the new countries include:
American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cook Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Great Britain, Guam, Guinea (gw), Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, North America (United States & Canada), Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa.

Including the new countries, they will be up to 62 countries if I am counting correctly.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
The total list of countries that Yahoo supports as of today, which does not include the new countries include:
American Samoa, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cook Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Great Britain, Guam, Guinea (gw), Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, North America (United States & Canada), Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa.

Including the new countries, they will be up to 62 countries if I am counting correctly.

Donny
Thanks Donny,
That's an amazing list in terms of contrasts and some surprises. Countries like Greece, Portugal, Israel are not part of the list and yet you have little specs in the middle of the ocean like Montserrat, Kiribati, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. :| I suppose there must be a reason for that.

•••
GILSAN said:
Thanks Donny,
That's an amazing list in terms of contrasts and some surprises. Countries like Greece, Portugal, Israel are not part of the list and yet you have little specs in the middle of the ocean like Montserrat, Kiribati, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. :| I suppose there must be a reason for that.
My initial thought would be less wealth/less developed markets...... whereas most of the folks on those islands are Brits, French, or Australians which should be wealthier than normal, maybe Greece, Portugal, and Israel don't cut it.

Israel is the strange pick though...... lots of technology, money, and brains.....so I can't imagine why that country was not added. Maybe the market is still not mature enough for Yahoo yet, or will be added in phase II.... if there is one.

Gilsan, I just noticed that you live in Maderia ...... that must be a nice life. :)

Last edited:
•••
so...what exactly does the list of all these countries mean?...the clicks from these countries are paid out the same as if from the US?....

and another issue that i can't figure out for the life of me.....TQ score....currently a 10...and being paid less now...than i was when i was a 6....7....8....etc....how/what/why???

any thoughts?

•••
tonyfloyd said:
so...what exactly does the list of all these countries mean?...the clicks from these countries are paid out the same as if from the US?....

and another issue that i can't figure out for the life of me.....TQ score....currently a 10...and being paid less now...than i was when i was a 6....7....8....etc....how/what/why???

any thoughts?
Tony, I can tell you that I usually get paid less for clicks from those countries than I do from the U.S ..... coming from the same domain.

That TQ score thing is something I think we have all noticed at one point or another. Payout and TQ don't seem to be intertwined very much, if at all. I guess Donny would know the definitive answer on that.

•••
Those are the countries that Yahoo supports today, they probably won't be close to the US, it's just what they support. Today we have results for every country and technically for every keyword. The difference is you will be paid a lot more for traffic to Yahoo than anything else. Another example, for the past month or so we have had one provider who has been able to support our traffic from India fairly well. This provider is currently paying us 3-5 cents less per click than what we will have from Yahoo for the same traffic.

So starting sometime tomorrow afternoon, if you have traffic from these new countries you may make more money than you were before.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
......Another example, for the past month or so we have had one provider who has been able to support our traffic from India fairly well. This provider is currently paying us 3-5 cents less per click than what we will have from Yahoo for the same traffic.....

Donny

Wow, that's a very good rate considering it's Asian traffic. Many thanks for your continuous efforts to improve Parked.

•••
Seabass said:
My initial thought would be less wealth/less developed markets...... whereas most of the folks on those islands are Brits, French, or Australians which should be wealthier than normal, maybe Greece, Portugal, and Israel don't cut it.

Israel is the strange pick though...... lots of technology, money, and brains.....so I can't imagine why that country was not added. Maybe the market is still not mature enough for Yahoo yet, or will be added in phase II.... if there is one.

Gilsan, I just noticed that you live in Maderia ...... that must be a nice life. :)
Yes. Madeira is a nice place to live in and a truelly beatifull island. :tu:

•••
I have over 1,000 domains parked @ parked.com got over 7,000 views last month with just over 200 clicks making me a minimal return.. anyone have any ideas to make this better?

•••
delay after delay :|
still waiting for 29th stats

•••
The recent deal has been because one of our providers, I think they have been on vacation or something. We have a fix that should have most days finalized by 10am PST. It will go live in the next day or so.

Donny

•••
vbigdeli said:
delay after delay :|
still waiting for 29th stats

So what, You can't check Your stats every few minutes? Who cares, no money will be lost :)

•••
zabijaq said:
So what, You can't check Your stats every few minutes? Who cares, no money will be lost :)

This is it :D

•••
zabijaq said:
I've been buying domains since 1995 and I STILL check my stats about two to four times an hour, or when I am really nervous .... eight to ten times an hour. :yell:

Sometimes I swear I am borderline obsessive-compulsive.

•••
Seabass said:
eight to ten times an hour. :yell:

LOL!

That's insane!

•••
I stopped checking; mine are all mostly dead at the moment.

•••
Seabass said:
I've been buying domains since 1995 and I STILL check my stats about two to four times an hour, or when I am really nervous .... eight to ten times an hour. :yell:

Sometimes I swear I am borderline obsessive-compulsive.

This is addiction. OK, I'm not cool tough guy, I'll do this often :D It's most exciting this about any online earning. I wake up to check my stats, I load all my affiliate sponsors, parking companies + everything where I have referrals so I see who earns me cash without work :D

Else I would be far more successful but I just spend maybe hour daily checking and refreshing stats :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back