NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cpamtm said:
Can this be expanded so that we can modify multiple / groups of domains at once? The optimization tool is okay but time consuming to go through 500 domains... :)

What do you mean? You want to be able to set 50 domains to the same keyword? Or you want to be able to set 50 domains to be for sale and use the same custom content on every domain?

Donny

•••
Both, in some cases.

What I'd *really* like is to be able to edit everything into excel, save it to a delimited file and upload it. But you knew that, heh.

Thanks for all updates and new features, Donny.

•••
What are the reasons for accepting or not accepting domains ( registration ) to the parked.com?

•••
STAFF EDIT: These comments are inappropriate. User has been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
pepsimax - We terminate people who cheat/commit fraud. Staff Edit (Thank you for your hard work, Donny!)

Donny

•••
Staff Edit

This is a business world, if your business, for dark reasons, isn't in the best interest of parked, then I believe they have the right to do whatever they want...
Staff Edit

•••
Follow up

Donny,

Both options sound great to me...

•••
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is this week's entry in the "How Not to Acquire a Parked Account" Contest. Don't look now, but I think he's taken the lead.

Dude, you might want to look into a Dale Carnegie seminar.

NEXT!

•••
Staff Edit

Not only do your posts give probable cause to Parked rejecting you, but I think you should probably be banned from NamePros for your inflammatory remarks. Moderator?

•••
netmeg said:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is this week's entry in the "How Not to Acquire a Parked Account" Contest. Don't look now, but I think he's taken the lead.

Dude, you might want to look into a Dale Carnegie seminar.

NEXT!

needed that laugh :lol:

•••
I've gone through the thread and taken care of everything.

Donny, thanks for all of the hard work you've done for all of us at NamePros!

I park a VAST majority of my domains with PARKED.COM and am a very satisfied client! :D

- GF

•••
"Fiasco" handled very well! ...Kudos! :)

•••
zabijaq said:
And You forgot to mention PPC at Adsense is getting worse and worse.

Says who?

Donny said:
Whitebark's expanded meta tags has already launched, just haven't announced it yet. :)

That's the plans for the next week or so.

Donny

Woohoo! Those few extra characters could lead to more search traffic!

I was going to spend a nice day watching hockey today and football tomorrow, but now it will be parked.com + hockey and football!

Go Penguins! Go Titans!

•••
Donny said:
In the next 2-3 weeks you will have stats by day, week, pay period, monthly, and yearly breakdowns. This means you can now see your stats by month instead of day, if you so choose. This will also include 404's and searches. The traffic analysis will be redone right after the new stats are launched. Netmeg's "domain rating" tool will launch next week. Whitebark's expanded meta tags has already launched, just haven't announced it yet. :) And hopefully by Monday or Tuesday we will actually have a blog that will continue all of the details about anything new we launch or improve.

That's the plans for the next week or so.

Donny

Wonderful! Thank you Parked.com!

•••
What are expanded meta tags?

•••
Basically because you could have a title up to 64 characters. And the description and keywords up to 128 characters. Now everything is set to 160 characters for all 3 fields.

Donny

•••
vbigdeli said:
TQ score :D

ah...nice!...good luck with your "10"......i hit the "10" last week.....and had lower RPC #'s than when i was a "4"???....so....not sure...if "10" is the number u want!...lol...anyways....no point in trying to figure this stuff out...it is what it is.....let me know how your RPC reacts to your new TQ score.....

•••
I probably have left lots of money on the table by not using meta tags for my parked names but don't know how I should generate them. I'd greatly appreciate knowing how to generate meta tags and if there is an easy way to do so for a large quantity of names. TIA

•••
I've never really bothered with it either.

Is it worth the hours and hours of editing for thousands of domains? Can you actually see the returns improve?

•••
Seabass said:

Is it worth the hours and hours of editing for thousands of domains? Can you actually see the returns improve?

Good questions. I'd like to know those answers also.

•••
Once in a while it may help you in Google, special if it's a long tail search. But it still helps for Yahoo and MSN.

The title is the most important place to put your keywords. The meta description isn't so important for for keywords as it is to get people to click on YOUR link when they are presented with ten possibilities on a search engine page.

None of the majors use the keyword meta tag, but as far as I know, it doesn't hurt to put keywords in it.

And yea, I believe it makes a difference. I don't do it with all my domains, because I have too many and no bulk tools for it, but I bother for the ones that I think will be most lucrative in terms of likelihood of clicks and best EPC.

At any rate, it's easy enough to test. Take one or two of your domains and tart them up, and measure whether or not clicks and/or EPC improves.

•••
tonyfloyd said:
ah...nice!...good luck with your "10"......i hit the "10" last week.....and had lower RPC #'s than when i was a "4"???....so....not sure...if "10" is the number u want!...lol...anyways....no point in trying to figure this stuff out...it is what it is.....let me know how your RPC reacts to your new TQ score.....
mine was no score! RPC seems to be higher now ..but not sure :)

•••
Up until this point I have been real careful to only put names into my parked account that I know are high quality, mostly pure typein, and north american traffic. I've found I do the best if I keep the floaters away from the sinkers...

A couple of pages back it was mentioned that yahoo was adding mexico. I have a decent spanish "adult product" domain that gets all type in traffic. I have not tried it on parked because the traffic is all from mexico. The epc tanked on nd about the same time as the mention of yahoo adding mexico. Coincidence? Anyhow, I'm curious whether parked would use yahoo for adult stuff, or if I'm better off leaving this one in a different tank.

I'd hate to have sub par traffic from south of the border drag down my overall TQS.

•••
Seabass said:

Remember these are parked domains - you should do everything possible to milk as much out of them as possible and that includes spending time adding titles and meta descriptions tailored to each domain. You are not only competing for search results against full websites, but also against other parked pages where people are doing all they can to get on top.

•••
whitebark said:
Remember these are parked domains - you should do everything possible to milk as much out of them as possible and that includes spending time adding titles and meta descriptions tailored to each domain. You are not only competing for search results against full websites, but also against other parked pages where people are doing all they can to get on top.

Whitebark, great advice. If you or someone else could provide examples of how the title and meta description would be formatted and look it would greatly help any of us who haven't done them before. TIA

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back