Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
blitz - That is correct, you are getting 10-20 going to the front page. All of the rest are going to pages that don't exist with us, but we still show them the page like if they were hitting the front page.

Donny

•••
Hi,

I have just added a big chunk of my portfolio to Parked. I am not a US resident. Do I still need to complete the W-8 form? It looks very complicated. I haven't had to fill this in elsewhere.

Matt.

Last edited:
•••
Matt,
It doesn't matter if you are a US resident or not. We require everybody to fill out a w8 or a w9. It's really not complicated, spend 2 minutes reading the form and you will see what you need to fill out.

Donny

•••
Hi Donny,

May you please let us know 12 more countries added when you are allowed?

Thank you

•••
As soon as I can announce them, I will but I can tell you somebody 10-15 posts back was VERY close to getting all of them.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
blitz - That is correct, you are getting 10-20 going to the front page. All of the rest are going to pages that don't exist with us, but we still show them the page like if they were hitting the front page.
Donny

Hi Donny,

I also noticed that when I parked one of my old sites the traffic numbers are lower than they should be and appear to *not* include traffic which was going to the htm sub-pages.

Two important questions please:

1. why does that traffic not count in the stats assuming it's redirected by your system to the index page?

2. do we get paid for the htm-page traffic?

•••
trader - It is counted as a 404. If the surfer goes to domain.com/alskjlaskjdlkj.html we count that as a 404, because it technically is a 404. And we then show the surfer the normal landing page, if they do anything, on the page, search, click whatever, they are added as a visitor as well. You will get paid for all traffic no matter what type of traffic you send us.

Donny

•••
Donny - what is the reason for clicks showing a much higher RPC during the current day and then when it settles, usually by next day, it is much less. For example I have one domain that gets only a few clicks a month but yesterday had 4 which were showing a RPC of around 85 cents which equaled over $3 for that domain and today it shows .09 RPC and .35 for the day. Happens somewhat often and wondering the reason, a little disappointed when I checked my stats today. Still like Parked best though. Thanks in advance. - Bob

•••
blitz said:
Donny - what is the reason for clicks showing a much higher RPC during the current day and then when it settles, usually by next day, it is much less. For example I have one domain that gets only a few clicks a month but yesterday had 4 which were showing a RPC of around 85 cents which equaled over $3 for that domain and today it shows .09 RPC and .35 for the day. Happens somewhat often and wondering the reason, a little disappointed when I checked my stats today. Still like Parked best though. Thanks in advance. - Bob
Today's numbers are estimates, tomorrow's are your final numbers.

Sometimes your earnings will go up.

•••
seabass & blitz

Hi blitz, I know this question is directed to Donny but since it's the weekend and I'm still awake I'll try to give my newby answer until Donny gets in "me being the newby" just to have something else to do.

I think RPC also has to do with many different factors. One being if you use a particular keyword that Parked has paid out in the past it "the system" gives an estimate based on the average of the previous payout amounts. The reason you didn't get the average could be 'THE or some of the highest paying advertisers are not currently advertising. Maybe for what ever reason your clicks were on an advertiser other than the highest paying one. Coutry of origin of the visitor. My understanding is that let's say you have 10 links on your lander..... All ten do not pay the same and RPC can range quite drastically. Then you have your TS and other factors that I don't want to get in to... so that's my understanding any way .

You can turn off the estimated values.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the replies DnPresident and Seabass. I'll try turning the estimates off. - Bob

•••
Pleased with Parked

Just adding my feelings about parked.
I must say I enjoy Parked.com's navigation system and the layout of the sites. Very clean and professional looking. Also they get back to your questions pretty fast.

Highly recomended for parking.

•••
Yup. Stick with them. They are pros, have great portfolio category mass edit, have fast support and have real stand-up guy Donny here ;)

•••
blitz said:
Thanks for the replies DnPresident and Seabass. I'll try turning the estimates off. - Bob

Yeah I guess some people do, I guess it could calm the nerves and lower the blood pressure. The anticipation can be high at times :yell:

For me the best estimate is after it actually closes out with the final RPC after a few days.

•••
And if people haven't noticed or not, the final numbers are coming in a lot sooner than before. Our stats guy has come up with a new way to process the final numbers much faster than before, so what used to take over 4 hours now takes 1 hour to finish.

Donny

•••
Have seen that, appriciate that :D

•••
•••
Hey Donny

Still looking for those extra 20-30 characters in the meta-description field.

Thanks!

•••
l2ride55 said:
PayPal received - Awesome!

Great service guys!

L2
I may already be telling you something you know, but direct deposit from Parked is a lot easier than if you are sending your PayPal money to your bank account after a Parked payment.

I'm only telling you this b/c I have found that some people still don't know what direct deposit is. :)

•••
Yea, I typically have the money in my account (direct deposit) two days before I get the email from Parked telling me that payment has been sent. Can't beat that with a stick.

•••
l2ride55 said:
And most importantly, the wifey doesn't have access to my Paypal account :lala:

L2

So.... that's must be your strip club money then, huh...... :yell:

•••
netmeg said:
Yea, I typically have the money in my account (direct deposit) two days before I get the email from Parked telling me that payment has been sent. Can't beat that with a stick.

VIP service for netmeg. cooL!

•••
DnPresident said:
VIP service for netmeg. cooL!

No, but I think it does have something to do with the space-time continuum.

•••
Seabass said:
I may already be telling you something you know, but direct deposit from Parked is a lot easier than if you are sending your PayPal money to your bank account after a Parked payment.

I'm only telling you this b/c I have found that some people still don't know what direct deposit is. :)

I gotta say since I switched to direct deposit last month I am seeing payments 3-4 days before they are due, sure the speed depends on the quickness of your bank as well, good deal to get paid twice a month plus 3-4 days early as well.

•••
Hey guys,
i've just created a Parked.com account and created a little portfolio. I have some domains with traffic on Sedo, but every click is around $0.03 - $0.05 . Hoping i can get more on Parked.
I'm optimizing the domains, only... i've inserted and configurated a television-related domain, only ... when i try to visit it, i just see cameras/mp3/mobile and nothing related to the television. I receive tons of click on this domain because it is the .com of a France/Morocco big television, but if in the parked page people just see.. "random" things... i'm not sure they will click anymore.
Or i just have to wait some time before it is updated?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back