Domain Empire

Get ready for .ME

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Montenegro, the country that declared independence from Yugoslavia last year, was just assigned .ME as their official country code top level domain.

If I were them, I'd be very thankful that Macau already had .MO taken because I really like .ME much better. Hopefully in time they end up with reasonable registration rates and a solid registration platform, unlike .YU. This should be a popular TLD with registrants.

Story here,

http://www.birn.eu.com/en/103/15/4362/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can see this killing the crappy .name extension :imho:

•••
mrdomainman said:
+rep ? :hehe:
Rep beggar! But you deserve it for the detective work, so I gave you some .:)

xXDanteXx said:
I can see this killing the crappy .name extension :imho:
Anything beats THAT extension. =P

•••
Don't even think about registering domain hacks with .ME I really don't see much value in them just leave them to.me....LOL

I can't wait for reg. to start. I will definitely have some hacks in mind.

•••
Didn't you see? .ME will not be available to foreign entities.

•••
BrandonG said:
Didn't you see? .ME will not be available to foreign entities.
Are they written in stone?

•••

the nic.me site is working (but still under construction)

there (on the right) there is a link to a pdf with the regulations

points of interest ...

on the nic.me site there is an option for .me (as well as the third level domains) which logically means that domains directly under .me (second level domains) will probably be available for registration ...

Article 5:
a) it must contain at least 2, and mostly 63 symbols;

Article 8:
The following subjects are allowed to register a domain:
a) National and foreign companies and citizens;

Article 18:
TRANSFER OF DOMAIN'S NAME
Domain user can concede a domain to another person, by paying enacted fee to Registration Agent.

Article 26 could be referring to reserved .me domains of equivalent .yu domains whose registrants are Montenegro residents ...

Last edited:
•••
•••
is there site up yet because it seems super lagged? maybe its going live soon? not sure.

•••
dunno what they are doing but I have to wait about 15 mins to see the full page.

•••
•••
-NC- said:
Hey that was my post! Geez... A long time ago.

I'm excited for this domain, but the registration price is gonna be high. Once again, the rich become richer.
Let's see.

I've got a la.me idea for a na.me for a ga.me. I think it's a cri.me that some assu.me that I never co.me up with good ideas. I'll take them to a ballga.me and give them so.me shaving cre.me. :hehe:

EDIT: I just got the title on nic.me, nothing further, it's still loading. I'll update you guys. Oh! Got a little white space! Wait... damn.

•••
briman1970 said:
I don't know why, but I find it more than a little funny that me is replacing yu. :hehe:

Does the following paragraph mean that foreign entities or individuals can register this domain without a presence in Montenegro? "This rulebook enables the domain registration for both foreign and national legal and natural persons, authorities and diplomatic missions accredited in Montenegro, as well as for other "entities that can be bearers of rights and liabilities."

I guess an Entity that can bear rights and liabilities is my dog, or even that cactus I am growing at the moment. It has a right, to water, sunshine and a good potting mix. Possibly a domain or two aswell.

•••
omg, omg, omg :)

anybody, know anything about the price???

If it's 10$ or less, I am going to buy all I can :)

That is, I mean, what an useless extension his .me, I recommend not to reg any... ;)

•••
its a very good cctld . aweso.me domain hacks can be made on it :)

•••
.me is so cool!!

like.. watever ur personal site's domain is..

xyz.me.. hw cool!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back